metalka's profile

Wed, Sep 22, 2021 9:06 PM

No data network after Android update

My phone updated this morning and now, not only do I not have data, my phone is now saying I'm on the Sprint network. I've reset the connection settings and I'm still getting nothing. What gives? And why is it so difficult to get my account number so I can leave for a more reliable provider? 

Responses

23 d ago

Having the same issue. Driving me crazy. Cannot find anyone with a fix

4 Messages

22 d ago

Same problem 

13 Messages

22 d ago

Same issue (Android S10e, purchased through Boost last year). Android pushed an automatic software update and now I cannot connect to any mobile data 3G or 4G networks. Have done all the troubleshooting recommended (SIM card removal/check, rebooting, confirming mobile data is on, etc.).

Network is set to automatic and shows full signal, but still cannot access non-WiFi internet. The only thing I cannot change/delete are the greyed out Access Point Names (APN) which are both for Sprint networks rather than Boost specific. These are CINET for Sprint Prepaid (cannot check this option) and SPR Prepaid OTA (also cannot check). 

(edited)

1 Message

22 d ago

Any fixes yet?

2 Messages

22 d ago

I have the same issue. Galaxy S10e. The support agent told me on Monday that they were upgrading a tower in my area. Now on Thursday I'm starting to feel lied to. I'm giving this until tomorrow night and then I'm ordering a Mint Mobile test kit from Amazon while they're still 99 cents. 

(edited)

@NKP_Cody just chatted with support tonight. Was told upgraded towers in my area. Got told 24-72 hours when I pressed for an ETA. Doesn't sound promising 

4 Messages

I went to a boost store and they straight up told me my s10e is not compatible with the new network so I had to buy a new freaking phone. I feel so upset, and robbed. I just got this cell last year and now it's too "old" for their networks.

4 Messages

Not only that but the dude at the shop tried to put in the new sim card and it didn't work so he wanted to revert to the old sim card and they told him it wasn't possible. Now my cell does not work at ALL.

13 Messages

Same issue; went to a Boost store and the customer service rep had to call in to their phone center to check and yah... the entire Samsung Galaxy line (including the S10e) is not eligible for upgrade to the new Boost Mobile network. Do not try to put their new SIM cards into the phones. I was instead advised to request my phone be unlocked (since I had had it for more than one year) so that I can change carriers.

Number given to contact customer service for unlock is 888-266-7848. Not sure what other carrier will accept an S10e but tomorrow I will be shopping around.

Boost Care

• 

508 Messages

Hello Cody! We appreciate you reaching out! We know it's frustrating when things aren't working right. We don't have the tools or resources to resolve this for you here. Please give us a call at 1-833-502-6678 or chat with us on boostmobile.com

13 Messages

22 d ago

Copying this information for the rest of the thread: I went to a Boost store on Thursday. Based on the bricking of panik's phone after inserting the new Boost SIM card, I requested that the customer service rep call in to their phone center to check before trying that SIM on mine, and yah... the entire Samsung Galaxy line (including the S10e) is not eligible for upgrade to the new Boost Mobile network. Do not try to put their new SIM cards into your phones. I was instead advised to either buy a new phone or request that my phone be unlocked (since I had had it for more than one year) in order to change carriers.

Number given to contact customer service for unlock is 888-266-7848. Not sure what other carrier will accept an S10e but tomorrow I will be shopping around.