Babylove's profile

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 11:28 PM

New sim no service

The sim card for the expanded network killed my service! I have emergency calls only and no data connection! I bought my samsung A20 from boost few months back, and now after being with the company since it was Nextel, I'm afraid it's time to leave if I cant get help! Tried support and there are no Boost stores in my area! Anyone???

Responses

62 Messages

2 m ago

Your best bet would be to start a chat session with support, on the main boost mobile website.  The phone operators don't seem to have a very good clue as I've called them about 8 times in the past week and a half and have not gotten a straight answer from them.  That said, I just got my phone unlocked.  I'm done with boost/dish.  Ever since the sale to dish things have just flat out gone to hell.

3 Messages

2 m ago

Tried that too. Wont give me any help unlocking phone either! Cant stand being treated this way! More excuses. Nobody can give me a direct answer. Must not have good reception they say. Cant fix it or change back to old sim! Heard about a signal booster. Nobody offers one and I shouldn't have to buy!

62 Messages

2 m ago

A signal booster won't help, as that is something that augments the built in antenna.  That said, if you went through the process of removing the original sim and putting the new on in and contacting boost, then you're pretty much out of luck.  They refuse to allow you to go back to the old SIM, under the pretense that it's not compatible with the new network...  To hell with the fact that the old network is still viable until 1/22.  I mean had they at least warned us ahead of time, by properly notifying those of us who had incompatible devices, a lot of us would have possibly purchased new phones from them.  

I have a completely bricked S8 and an iPhone XR that has worse reception and data transfer speeds since upgrading. I had enough, so I contacted them to unlock my bricked phone and then I filed a complaint with the FCC.  This is inexcusable and given that the people at the 800 number in the mail sim pack don't have a clue of what they're talking about AND give conflicting answers about the compatibility of a device with the new network, I think Boost/Dish needs to be held accountable.