calalily687's profile

Thu, Jul 8, 2021 10:19 PM

"Expanded network" didn't expand anything, signal worse than Nationwide network

I was told that "upgrading" my sim to the Expanded network would provide "stronger signal, faster speeds, & more coverage". That was a lie! I now have NO SERVICE in buildings where I had full bars (very strong signal) when on the old Nationwide network sim card. Can't get faster speeds if I have no signal! My phone is virtually useless now for the 8.5 hours a day that I am at work & useless in most stores because I have no signal/no service inside most buildings. There are even places outside that I have no service, where I had full bars on the old sim card. I guess I need to find new cell phone carrier since I am currently paying for a phone that I can't use since it has 'no service' at least 75% of the time. Wish I had read other people's complaints before "upgrading" (which was apparently a 'downgrade') to the 'expanded network'! 🤬

Responses

1 Message

2 m ago

It's been about a month or so that my service went downhill. I called support they told me it's because of a new tower and ASSURED me it will be resolved in 48-72 hrs. It's still the same. I told support that I should at least get compensated for the time it's been down. I don't see the point in paying full price for horrible service and their response 'we will compensate you as we see fit for the time your service is done.'  In other words we ain't paying u but you still have to pay full price for our shit service  it's time to look for another carrier

17 Messages

@Raul_SancheZ Compensation is a joke. It'll be maybe $10 if you're lucky. I found a great new carrier, but rest assured if you want to keep your number, be prepared you'll have to take ID and go to a Boost Mobile store to get your account number. Otherwise they'll force you to get a new number through your new provider. 

10 Messages

@JustJeannie I easily got my account number from Boost using the 'chat' function while logged in to my Boost account. Took me less than 5 minutes! But that is the only good thing I can say about the whole situation....

Very happy with my new carrier & I'm paying less than I was with Boost!

17 Messages

@calalily687 They wouldn't give it to me because they tried to call the phone that hasn't had service in 2 weeks. They swore that I should be able to receive calls, even with the new SIM card that didn't work, but as I told them repeatedly NO ONE could call me. It never rang through. 

5 Messages

2 m ago

When I got my new phone in October 2020, I was told I couldn't keep my plan and had to move to the "expanded" network. I had nothing but trouble setting up my phone and every time I called customer service, which is obviously outsourced to India, I was on the phone for up to two hours getting switched to different people, who would all mess up my phone and tell me to wait two hours. Every single time I called, they messed up something else. I finally took it to a store and found out that the issue then, not being able to connect to the internet, was because of the APN, which I wondered about from looking online, and which it seems should've been obvious to customer service.

I still have problems with the phone, every time it seems that I move to another cell service area, I have to either restart my phone or turn airplane mode on and off for it to reconnect. There are times when that won't work and I get a variety of error messages from not being registered on a network, to no mobile networks available. Today, my sister and my phones aren't working at all. 

This is absolute insanity. If I'm ever in trouble and need to make an emergency call, the odds are that I won't be able to make a call. Friends and family routinely tell me they got dead air when they called, or it went right to voicemail. I don't even see that I've missed a call. We've been putting up with it because of the HORRIBLE job customer service has done because they've messed up our phone whenever I called. I'm so done with Boost and their laughable expanded network and customer service.

7 Messages

2 m ago

Absolute garbage. having the same problems.  I'm paying for a service that absolutely sucks.  Boost needs to tell the truth about why this is happening and then fix the damn problem. WTF!

7 Messages

2 m ago

I thought the whole premise of cellular devices was that if you lost service you switched to a new tower.  Why is roaming not in effect?  If I don't have service when I can physically see a tower WTF?

62 Messages

@Bones77 There you go, confusing the issue with facts...

Boost Care

• 

508 Messages

Hello Michael! Boost Mobile wants you to stay connected, even when you cross those invisible lines! Now, 50 minutes per month of domestic voice roaming is included at no extra cost on select Boost Mobile monthly plans. Currently, the deal we have with our roaming partners covers 99% of the United States for voice services. Data roaming is not included and data roaming add-ons are not available. You can find basic troubleshooting here: https://www.boostmobile.com/support/faq/phones-devices/phone-features-and-troubleshooting.html

Boost Care

• 

508 Messages

We do have unlimited on our network. Once roaming, you are on another carrier's network, where there are some limitations for a number of reasons. You should have a signal as long as that other carrier's signal isn't experiencing any issue. Unfortunately, since it isn't our network we have no way of knowing what issues are going on with their network.

20 Messages

2 m ago

Just tell the truth already...yall are screwing everybody and forcing them to boost up. It's crap..Boost has went completely down hill...I hope someone has contacted a lawyer. But someone said in our "contract" we can't seek legal action against them...so they knew all along they were shady ass turds

Boost Care

• 

64 Messages

Hello Bobbie. We can understand why you would be frustrated by this situation. The reason we are trying to upgrade some customer SIM card is that the old network we used as part of Sprint will be shut down at the end of this year. If your SIM card is not updated when that happens you will lose service. In some cases you would need a new phone that is compatible with the new network otherwise you would lose signal as well even if you have a new SIM card. We do have our Boost Up program that can help with getting a new phone but that does not mean it has to be used. The option to activate an unlocked phone is there as well if you happen to purchase one outside of what we offer. We understand this can be an inconvenience but that is why we try to offer different solutions in the hope that our customers will find one that suits them. I hope this helps with clarifying why the upgrade is necessary. Please let us know if you have any questions. 

-Marcos G

20 Messages

Yeah I FINALLY got boost to unlock my S9 after 7 day s no service. Finally got the your device unlock message I put the new sim in my card and what do u know. I had service. AFTER BOIST TOLD ME REPEATEDLY having my phone unlocked wouldn't solve the issue...anything they could lie about they have..still thinking of switching my 5 lines anyway..boost sucks anymore 

62 Messages

@Bobbiejojo4  You couldn't pay me enough to ever go back to Boost!  Any bridges between them and me were utterly torched by the customer services folks & the all out shitty rollout of the "expanded network".  I think the biggest thing I distrust about them is the overall lack of consistency by support.  Depending on the time of day dictates who you talk to, overseas and it's like one call center follows one set of policies and another follows a completely different set.  Furthermore, this whole "free upgrade" to the new network.  There's not a damn thing that's free about it!  If they mail you a SIM chip, even though you didn't request it, when you try to activate it, they charge you 10 bucks more a month.  Or my personal favorite, some guy walked into a boost store, saying that he got an email stating that he needed to update his sim, which they did, for the nominal fee of $25 bucks.

Boost has become an absolute joke, I mean an absolute embarrassment to the telcom industry, and I blame that solely on Dish Networks and Boost management.

7 Messages

2 m ago

Customers can't take legal action but the FCC and trade commission can.

2 Messages

2 m ago

Same Here Just Got A 400 Dollar Phone For Nothing 

1 Message

1 m ago

Boost broke my phone. I Switched over to expanded network and now my phone doesn't work.  I have been a loyal customer for years and never had a problem.  I couldn't even login to 90% of my apps as they require 2step verification with a text. My phone won't  connect to the network, how am I supposed to get the texts. New sim card requires me to call sprint to unlock my phone. It's ridiculous because I bought this phone from boost 3 & ½ years ago. Was on with customer support for over 7 hours trying to get it fixed. Seriously thinking about taking my business elsewhere. 

2 Messages

1 m ago

Seems like this all started from Boost Mobile being bought by Dish Network and Dish going 5G only. Try filing a BBB complaint against Dish:

https://www.bbb.org/us/co/englewood/profile/cable-tv/dish-network-llc-1296-6370/complaints

Boost Care

• 

508 Messages

Hello Chris! We appreciate you participating in the community! We want to clarify that Boost is not going to 5G only at this time. When upgrading to the Expanded Network, it gives you the ability to access 5G if you have 5G phone and are near a 5G tower. If you have any questions please reach back out to us here! 

1 Message

OK, Ojay, does your reply (above) mean: if I have a 4G phone (I have Samsung 7S) and I am on the Sprint network (not 'Expanded' network) will my service continue to work after January 2022?