calalily687's profile

Thu, Jul 8, 2021 10:19 PM

"Expanded network" didn't expand anything, signal worse than Nationwide network

I was told that "upgrading" my sim to the Expanded network would provide "stronger signal, faster speeds, & more coverage". That was a lie! I now have NO SERVICE in buildings where I had full bars (very strong signal) when on the old Nationwide network sim card. Can't get faster speeds if I have no signal! My phone is virtually useless now for the 8.5 hours a day that I am at work & useless in most stores because I have no signal/no service inside most buildings. There are even places outside that I have no service, where I had full bars on the old sim card. I guess I need to find new cell phone carrier since I am currently paying for a phone that I can't use since it has 'no service' at least 75% of the time. Wish I had read other people's complaints before "upgrading" (which was apparently a 'downgrade') to the 'expanded network'! 🤬

1 Message

3 m ago

Exactly the same issue!!! I can't believe I so foolishly switched! 

My phone is roaming unsteadily at my work place...thankfully we have wifi but it has been ridiculous!!!!

(edited)

Boost Care

• 

4.5K Messages

3 m ago

Hello calalily687. We're sorry to hear that you're affected by this issue. At the moment we're in the process of building up our new network. Our coverage will keep improving exponentially as we set our new towers and expand our coverage to reach the same and more as our previous network. Your patience is greatly appreciated in the meantime. You can use our coverage map to verify what sort of coverage is available in your area clicking here.
- EdmundM

10 Messages

@EdmundM maybe that information should be given to your customers instead of telling them that switching to the "Expanded Network will provide a stronger signal, faster speeds, & more coverage" since none of those are true. Switching to the 'expanded network' in actuality did the opposite of what was advertised. How can you call it an 'expanded' network when it didn't expand anything and actually shrunk the network? Maybe you shouldn't have dropped the old towers until you had new towers ready to go in place of them. There is a cell tower in the parking lot of my work & I have no signal there, but I had full bars on the Nationwide network! That is ridiculous! Since my phone has basically become a paperweight now that I get no signal & your response didn't give me confidence that will change anytime soon, I guess I will be shopping for a new provider.

5 Messages

Well said!!! 👏👏 Exactly what was on my mind

62 Messages

@EdmundM If Boost is still in the process of "Building your new network", why the hell would you push customers towards migrating to it if it's not completely ready?  Not only is that a poor business decision, but it's unethical as hell and bordering on criminal negligence, as some of these peoples only means of communication is with their cell phone.  The executive who made the decision to not allow people to revert back to the old network until the issues are completely fixed needs to be fired and Boost needs to start considering that that individual's stupidity and poor decisions is setting it up for a class action suit.  I have a total of 4 boost phones, two of which are suffering from either no service or severely degraded service, because my cellular voice and data reception has been reduced by at least 50%.  As a result, your company has cost me business and has angered several of the family members I've referred to boost.

3 m ago

My signal went to hell just before july 4th and has not improved since. Since i run a business out of my home i will probably be dropping boost mobile service.

5 Messages

@Damien12volleyball that's what my husband did. He has a business too and he just switch to different carrier. 

4 Messages

3 m ago

Having same prob with old sim card so it's not just the upgrade. Paying 50 bucks a month for service I cant use most of the time to.. have reported this to them 6 times and they keep trying to blam it on my phone.. works everywhere else but where I live.. 

5 Messages

@Tab94 well I've got one for you I was told that there was an osprey nest in the tower and they couldn't  fix it. 

5 Messages

@Lametree59 wow 😲 they come up with every lame excuse

5 Messages

3 m ago

Same exact issue here. I am so upset with Boost. I've had great experience with them with service and affordable plans until now. I went in store 7/7 thinking nothing of it when I changed over and i completely regret it. One line would not recognize the new sim card at all and kept stating was incompatible and the other same problem as you. My husband got fed up and changed over to new carrier today. Boost was no help at all and states could not do anything about it. 

2 Messages

3 m ago

Yep. Been having the same issue. My husband didn’t upgrade to the new network, his phone works fine! 
mine hasn’t worked in 3 weeks with service while in my home or half of the town I live in. 
I have a special needs son and it’s important for me to have a working phone. 
All boost could do was come up with excuse after excuse, wouldn’t listen. Spent 3 hours on the phone and NO ONE could figure out what happened. 
Paid $20 toward an $80 phone bill. 

Boost Care

• 

4.5K Messages

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, Cpowell2317. Definitely wanna look into that for you. Can you tell us more about the situation? Do you get any specific errors when you try to use our services?
- EdmundM

2 Messages

Errors? I’ve been going with “no service” on my phone for close to a month..  and it’s literally my house and the other half side of my town I live in.. 

Stories are always changing with boost. Because I was told a tower was down since may 19th.. but everything is “working and running” in my area for coverage. 

Boost Care

• 

536 Messages

Hello Chasity! If you are still experiencing issues you can try resetting the network connections, steps do that are located here: https://www.boostmobile.com/support/faq/phones-devices/programming-activating-and-resetting-your-phone.html?id16=reset

3 Messages

3 m ago

Hello All,

Since it's apparent this new system doesn't work. Can I use my current SIM card in a new phone, if I need one?

Thank You all for Opinions and Guidance 。◕‿◕。

Boost Care

• 

4.5K Messages

Hey there, estew2000! Thanks for reaching out. SIM cards are not interchangeable in our network. Once you purchase a new device, you may use the SIM card that is included with it. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
- EdmundM

62 Messages

@EdmundM 

Interesting, I was told by one of the folks that answered a phone, as well as a manager, that once you converted it you "COULD NOT GO BACK".  So, what is the deal?  Not trying to be argumentative, but really irate about the difference in performance in my iPhone and the fact that the new SIM comes back as being invalid in the S8...

1 Message

3 m ago

Same! I got sent the new sim in the mail saying I needed to upgrade and to call the number. I called the number and got the sim activated but my phone kept saying that the new sim wasn't compatible. The phone person said I couldn't downgrade back to my old sim and said now I needed to go into a store to get it fixed...great. so the next day I go to the boost store..surprise surprise it can't be fixed and using the new sim made my phone useless so I needed to buy a new one that I really can't afford..fine whatever. Frustrating but things happen, right? BUT THEN after being told how much better and faster my service would be, I get home and MY PHONE CANT SEND OR RECEIVE TEXTS OR CALLS. ZERO SERVICE.  I spent forever on the phone with boost for them to eventually tell me that they didn't cover my area. I told them that I've had boost forever and that my old phone on the old network worked perfectly the day before...they said the new network was different and that it received very poor signal in my area and that the new network didn't support INDOOR coverage yet and that if I needed to send or receive a message I would have to go outside (doesn't really work outside either by the way). So I had perfect good signal, switched, had to poop out cash I didn't have for a new phone when the sim wasn't compatible with my old phone, get a new phone, and then have zero signal. We should NEVER have been lied to or told to switch until AFTER the towers were ready! I am so so angry, disappointed, and honestly feel betrayed by a company that I previously adored. 

3 Messages

@Liddy I so feel for you. I can only imagine what you have gone through. I truly will keep you in my Prayers. I feel Boost & especially the People that work for them need Jesus. They are walking down a Dark Path w/no return.

Love, Peace and Blessings...

17 Messages

I'm honestly surprised more folks aren't contacting the Better Business Bureau and the FCC about these business practices. 

5 Messages

@JustJeannie That's a great idea. I hadn't even thought of doing that.

(edited)

3 Messages

3 m ago

This is ridiculous. Been using an iPhone 6 for the last few years on boost and everything worked fine on the old network. Upgraded to a new phone in June and my internet been crap since. Stuck at 2 bars but very slow internet. Internet stops working and I have to literally turn on airplane mode and then turn it off and the internet works for a little bit. This is an all day thing.

Outside when I’m working out in my city downtown area. I can’t even listen to music because the internet keeps stopping. It’s not the phone because I can switch to the public downtown WiFi and the music works. This just started after the last few weeks. 

Luckily I did buy a iphone with no carrier attached so I can switch companies.

anyone find a solution besides switching carriers?

I checked the coverage map. My whole dang city is covered. 

(edited)

1 Message

3 m ago

Yeah, I’m have the some issues as everyone in this tread; my phone worked perfectly with the old SIM card but when I upgraded my service is unreliable may need to switch carriers. I’m just upset that I convinced my wife to also swap out her old SIM card and her service is as unreliable as mine has become since the switch. We both run businesses from home and need our mobile phones to work. I’m really upset because I have been a loyal customer of Boost mobile since the chirp phone days from the beginning. Well I guess everything has a beginning and an end. Will be changing carriers soon.

Boost Care

• 

64 Messages

Hello Anthony! We definitely don't like hearing that you are unhappy with our service. If you would like to give us more details about what's going on, we'd love to see what options may be available to help make a better experience moving forward. 

Marcos G.

1 Message

3 m ago

I started having these same problems about a week or so ago, this is awful. My "no coverage" zone seems to be expanding about a 1/4 mile a day in the town I live in. I had no idea they were making changes, a little warning would've been nice so I could've known where to start looking for answers when this problem started. 

Boost Care

• 

74 Messages

Hello David! Thank you for reaching out to us! We definitely want to get this figured out for you. We completely understand your frustration. Here is the link with more information on migration. https://www.boostmobile.com/support/faq/plans-services/cdma-migration.html?id16=free%20sim%20card Please feel to reach out to us with any additional questions or concerns. 

Cindy A.

17 Messages

3 m ago

I haven't had service in NINE DAYS because apparently the Samsung S8 isn't compatible! I shelled out $800 for this phone thru Boost-UP and can no longer use it! I WILL NOT BE PRESSURED into purchasing a new phone when there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THE ONE I OWN NOW. IMO this is on Boost to fix and make right for ANYONE who owns an S8! They should be paying our bill until it's corrected. The 'new network' isn't FREE either. My bill jumped $10 because I was forced to take their new SIM card. THAT DOES NOT WORK.

Boost Care

• 

64 Messages

Hello Jeannie. I can understand why you are frustrated. The Samsung S8 does not have the necessary hardware to be compatible with the new network. With the transition to 5G network carriers are shutting down their older networks. Unfortunately, that will make older phones incompatible. As far as your plans there have been some changes. I will post a link so that you can review our existing plan and hopefully there will be one that fits your needs. 

-Marcos G

https://www.boostmobile.com/plans.html?intnav=TopNav:Plans:PhonePlans

12 Messages

Marcos what you were saying is an out-and-out lie. Any phone that has 4G will be able to work on your new expanded Network which is actually T-Mobile's Network. It's part of the Federal communications approval to get this expanded bandwidth frequency. How desperate must be to try to have their customers buy new phones? If anybody wants to know what boost network really is all you have to do is go to T-Mobile. And the 3G networks will not be closed they will just stop maintenance on them beginning April 2022. They will not even consider stopping doing maintenance to 4G networks until there is a 6G. It's just not companies policies it's the federal law. I'm seriously considering consulting a lawyer about boosts deceptive business practices. Because there's going to be a lot of people that will be tricked into buying a new phone, some unfortunate people will be making payments on two phones at the same time

(edited)

17 Messages

@Ronme Maybe a class action lawsuit would be something to look into. Obviously this is affecting more than just a few people. It is VERY deceptive on Boost's part to force people into buying new phones to 'upgrade' to a new network. 

12 Messages

I have looked into a class action lawsuit but in your boost contract it says that you promise not to take any legal action against them. However you still can go to small claims court as an individual and sue them for the maximum amount in my state it's $25,000. In the long run if a bunch of people did this instead of getting involved in the class action they would end up paying out more

20 Messages

@Ronme thank you for that information. I’ve called, emailed, and texted with Customer Service. The representatives are contradicting each other. Meanwhile I’m paying ’a great price’ for NO service.

3 Messages

3 m ago

Same. Do you get messages that ‘your SIM is trying to text you/Accept/Decline’? And then when you hit accept, nothing happens and no text arrives? 

17 Messages

2 m ago

I found a solution for the S8 issue...I switched carriers. .99 cents for their SIM card and then I pay the same amount I was paying with Boost for complete coverage and service. Still waiting on the 3-5 business days though for Boost to unlock my Samsung S8. 

62 Messages

@JustJeannie They told me 24 to 48 hours for the unlock to complete...  I wish they'd get their stories straight.

Boost: This is the kind of crap I'm talking about one customer was told 3 to 5 business days to unlock a phone and another gets told 24 to 48 hours.

17 Messages

I'm with my new provider now and I LOVE it. The customer service agents were splendid and did everything they could to help me make the transfer as easy as possible. Had Boost been anywhere near this helpful with their customers, maybe they wouldn't be losing so many. 

5 Messages

@JustJeannie Who's your new provider? I'm very interested in switching.

17 Messages

@Maps1 I went with StraightTalk Wireless

5 Messages

Thanks!

2 m ago

Ever since my husband and I switched to the expanded (what a joke) network it is harder than heck for anyone to call me. My son had to call 5 times before he could reach me and my husband had to try 8 times yesterday. Seems that my calls were all going straight to voicemail on their ends but not showing up on mine.  Getting real frustrated. I need our service to work. I am not a well person and need to know I can reach help if I need it and my family can reach me to see how I'm doing. When I don't answer they go right into panic mode. Seriously thinking of switching.

Boost Care

• 

536 Messages

Hello Darlene! You can try resetting the network connections. The steps to do this can be found here:  https://www.boostmobile.com/support/faq/phones-devices/programming-activating-and-resetting-your-phone.html