cactus1776's profile

Tue, Jan 19, 2021 6:00 AM

Emergency Broadcasting system

Hi I have noticed since boost mobile was bought by DISH the Emergency Broadcasting system is no longer working on my phone. I did see an article from the FCC last week stating all phone companies must apply by FCC rules. So why isn't Boost Mobile following doing this any longer. The EBS worked just fine when Sprint owned this company. So you guys may want to start making sure you are updating our services. 

Responses

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

3 m ago

Hello, @cactus1776. Thanks for reaching out. Did you check these alerts are active in your phone? If not, please try these steps:

1. In your phone's Messaging app, open the Settings menu (or 3 dots)
  2. Locate the setting option for Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA, Commercial Mobile Alerts, or CMAS)
  3. Enable imminent threat alerts or AMBER alerts to allow those types of alerts to be delivered to the phone.

5 Messages

3 m ago

Not there either

I have 

Airplane mode

Wifi Calling

Wi-fi

Mobile data

call

Tethering

Mobile Network

VPN

Private DNS

5 Messages

3 m ago

It doesn't even give me that option of  Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA, Commercial Mobile Alerts, or CMAS). It's not even in the advanced settings either. I have a stylo 6 if that helps?

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

3 m ago

Understood. Please try these steps then:

1. Settings. > Network & internet > Wireless Emergency Alerts.
  2. Tap the Menu icon. (upper right).
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap any of the following to turn it on.
  5. Tap Alert reminder then select one of the following: 
  • Once
  • Every 2 minutes
  • Every 15 minutes.

~Nosh_CxUx

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

3 m ago

We understand. In that case, the option can't be modified, therefore, it always stays on.