DoughBoy1993's profile

Thu, Sep 3, 2020 6:00 AM

don't get boost.. no 4g service

I have had this problem for 2 months now and not getting fixed i recommend leave boost or don't get it the tell you they are working on it they are not.. i have a Samsung galaxy s9.
So about 2 to 3 months ago my service dropped from 4g to 3g now I pay for 4g but got 2 and half months been getting 3g. So did everything they told me from typing a number to reset to network to reseting my whole phone nothing worked. I told them I got the network team is working on it (no). I have had 3g about 3 to 4 bars until 2 weeks ago I have 1 to 2 bars 3g and I drop calls and my internet is slower than dsl back in the 90s. Im done with boost they will not fix it so I suggest leave or don't get.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Boost Care

• 

4.5K Messages

1 y ago

Hello DoughBoy1993. We understand your frustration. Please try the following: Please make sure that your device is connected to the internet be it via Wifi or mobile data, then go into Settings > System Updates > Check for and download any software update available. Once it is installed, turn off your Wifi and go into Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode and select "CDMA/LTE". Once that is selected, dial the code ##72786#. If the phone asks for confirmation, select the option to say yes. Let us know how it goes.

7 Messages

1 y ago

I think it worked so far I got my lte back

Boost Care

• 

4.5K Messages

1 y ago

The issue that you mentioned seems to be caused by an update that was rolled out not too long ago. Since then, we've been doing all we can to release daily updates and ensure that all affected customers (mainly on the Samsung Galaxy family of products) are able to restore their service through the troubleshooting steps mentioned above. Please try them once more today from the beginning (the software update is crucial). We appreciate your patience. 

7 Messages

1 y ago

Already did all that alot. Read the post I have done everything already it's the network not my phone

Boost Care

• 

4.5K Messages

1 y ago

We're glad to hear that! We remain at your service.

2 Messages

1 y ago

Is there a way to be added to the list of affected phones. I've not had LTE service since the last update on Aug 26. I've tried what's been suggested here and other websites to try and fix it. This is very frustrating!!

Boost Care

• 

4.5K Messages

1 y ago

Hello Greg3564. Did you follow the steps on the accepted solution today?

Boost Care

• 

4.5K Messages

1 y ago

Let's take a closer look. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

2 Messages

1 y ago

Yes. I've also done a soft restart. Cleared my system cache. Reinserted the sim card. Reset the PRL and profile. Nothing including the suggestion above has worked.

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

1 y ago

Hi @brooklyn737899. Please send us a private message to assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

1 y ago

Same problem here. Loyal boost costumer for 10 years.

Did everything, still no 4G service.

Because 4G needed badly, thinking of switching company.

Im not happy, bcause really liked the boost before.

Can anyone help me please? Thank you!

3 Messages

1 y ago

I second that I have Boost Mobile and paying for unlimited and they reduce me down to 35 gigs and expect me to pay the full bill for unlimited

Boost Care

• 

1.9K Messages

1 y ago

Hi, Kennyjewell. Thanks for contacting us. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, please click on any of the social care agent's user names and select the option, send this user a private message. 

1 Message

1 y ago

Same here had boost for years got a new motor and iPhone for expanded network data is unbelievably slow on both. After 10 calls to customer service they transferred me to Motorola. It's the network both my phones are new

3 Messages

4 d ago

Same here after a system update I have not be able to have my 4g service anymore and just rarely I can have a dependable 3G service. The same thing happened with my son's phone after the update.  Have spoken with multiple representatives and after trying the whol set of tupical steps their answer is always reseting my phone to factory.  My family of 4 are planning to change of company because this service is not acceptable.