ZoneDaiatlas's profile

Thu, Jul 9, 2020 5:00 PM

Done with Boost Mobile!

Boost Mobile/Dish Network

I've been a huge supporter for over 10 years and after paying $70 a month for nonexistent service for the last two weeks. I've called Customer Service/Tech Service several times for the last two weeks and those times they couldn't tell me the truth about the network coverage, and before the BM Social Care Agents pops in with their two cents. Save it! I've done the countless uodates and factory resets. It's not my phone but your poor network towers and coverage. One of the Customer Service Agents admitted that Boost Mobile is upgrading their towers that will take 24-48 hours and service will be restored. Well that was two weeks ago!

What's going on Boost Mobile? My monthly service ends on July 13th. I didn't spend $553 for a phone and $70 a month to use Wifi. Why am I and others not getting services for what we paid for? I've made a decision not to renew my service on July 13th and I'm taking the Galaxy S10 Phone that I bought from Boost Mobile site and I will switch my service to Verizon. I know others will join me because this is unacceptable...

W~

Responses

Boost Care

• 

2.9K Messages

1 y ago

Hello, JCuJo. Thank you for contacting us. Sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue. We'll be happy to help you. Please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to verify your account.

To send a private message you simply go to one of our agents profile who you want to send a message to and hit the "send this user a private message" button. It's under their contact section on the right side of their profile, right next to their badges.

1 Message

1 y ago

I have the same problem since Tuesday. Three days without phone service. After a few tries to get to someone I was told the issue is not from the storm but upgrades to towers. No service but not offered a credit for my inconvenience. My daughter went through the same. She left Boost today.

1 Message

1 y ago

Been without phone/text since power outage Tues 8/4 Bristol CT. Lots of boost folks in my area are experiencing same. No email from boost with any acknowledgement whatsoever. Nothing but trouble with service since Virgin Mobile switched me here. Unacceptable. Switched carriers today. Was a good excuse to upgrade android to iphone as well. Bye Boost.

1 Message

1 y ago

I'm just trying to get my phone unlocked.  I've been told by two phone reps and one chat rep that it is unlocked and I have been given a reference number.  The carrier I'm trying to sign up with says the phone is still locked.  It has been a number of weeks since I got the reference number from the first phone rep I spoke with.

6 Messages

1 y ago

Will they let you switch before the year under contract clause

2 Messages

1 y ago

I know what you mean. I’ve been with these people for four or five years and I pay the $50 a month plan. When I’d run out of the supposedly “high speed” data, I’d still have fast service. Now it’s as slow as a slug. I can’t even watch YouTube videos without it buffering every ten seconds. I can’t stand this service. So this is how they treat their loyal customers?
This is what I found out about a plan I’m on.
“For customers on unlimited plans on or after July 18, 2020, or customers who choose to upgrade their handsets or activate new lines of service on or after July 1, 2020, and are on unlimited data plans, that use more than 35GB of data during a single billing cycle, Boost reserves the right to reduce the speed available to a customer down to 2G speeds for the remainder of that billing cycle.“
I’ve never upgraded my handset recently or activated any new lines. So why am I being penalized?

16 Messages

1 y ago

Same. I have no where to do my homework now and i will be falling behind in class due to this. I cannot afford home internet because i lost my job and its causing so much more issues.

16 Messages

1 y ago

Dont waste your time. These agents are no help at all. Thry will try to get you to add 1gb for 5$ more its not worth your money. Especially durring a pandemic. Shame on you boost mobile you are now lower than dirt you are not worth what we pay you. 2g is not a working network especially in the mountains sooooooo ya'll are looking for a massive money hemorrhage. Thak you boost because now i will fail my online classes. Thank you so much you sacks of dirt. Right now even an obama phone has better connection. I'll say it again. Sacks of dirt! Dish network too!

78 Messages

1 y ago

I had another great day of flawless Boost service.

Thanks Boost!

7 Messages

1 y ago

I'm done with the crappie Boost Mobile. I knew when Dish bought Boost the service would go to ***** The government should have asked boost customers before forcing the sale of boost with the tmobile Sprint merger. Better off using a couple of cans and a string to talk.

5 Messages

1 y ago

is there any way to contact boost mobile public relations department?

3.7K Messages

1 y ago

Hi, rancidfoot!  I'm so sorry we let you down. We're always looking to provide the best experience for our customers. Might you be up for sending me a private message? I'd love to know more about your experience and how we can make it better.

5 Messages

1 y ago

ya i dont know how tho

3 Messages

1 y ago

have you all noticed that all of our same problems happened when T-Mobile bought Sprint?? this is when my usability of my phone went to crap. Now Dish network owns Boost?  boost and sprint are going to be or already on tmobile towers. The new boost enhanced network is just switching over to the tmobile towers. After I switched to the enhanced network my phone is no longer usable in my house. I had to buy a cell signal boost for $400.00 to be able to use my phone. I thing Boost needs to pay me for the signal boost that I had to buy to be able to use my phone.. The booster works on any network so I sure it will work great with any other carrier I choose to use besides Boost..

6 Messages

1 y ago

I've also been a long time Boost loyal customer and supporter/promoter. Now I'm feeling like an a$$ to ell the family and friends that I talked into switching to this garbage. I've had them all and thought I'd finally found the sweet spot. It was for awhile, the last few years have been great. A few months ago I decided I wanted a Galaxy Note 9 because they are not putting 3.5mm headphone jacks in the "flagship" Galaxies anymore and that's important to me. I also got the 512/8gb version so they can have all their bloat ware and I still have room for everything I want too. Come to find out, Boost doesn't offer the phone so I bought an unlocked one and after a month of headaches with online sellers, Samsung, and Boost trying to figure out if the phone would work on Boost's network, I finally just did what I did with my S9+. I bought the phone, went to Walmart for the SIM activation kit, put the SIM card in the phone and BINGO! It worked great for about a month and then I noticed that it was slower than a sloth. I gave it a couple of days and then went investigating. I saw that my service was getting 3g at best and 2g and 1x most of the time, but never 4g or LTE. Then began the long journey of Boost customer service BS telling me to do the same redundant "fixes" over and over again with no improvement. Very stressful as I have 3 lines with them myself and one of them is for work and another for a friend who is going through some financial hardships with all this COVID 19 nonsense. I've spent countless hours looking for a fix to no avail. I've tried a new SIM card with no improvement. I was going to switch carriers this billing cycle but I just missed it on timing. My bill was due and I couldn't go without a phone for the 3 to 5 business days it takes to get a SIM card from the competition. I also didn't have the $140 they wanted to activate in store that day so I chose to suffer through this agonizing crap for another month. I know I lost money by not having reliable data service last month but I have wifi at home and pretty much anywhere I go now and most of my contacts are aware that my phone service is next to useless so they're understanding of this and being patient with me. Another reason, and final note to this story for anyone else who reads it, despite all the other issues Boost has right now, they are a CDMA network that has just "joined" a satellite TV provider because they couldn't go with Sprint to T-Mobile. CDMA technology is limited and most likely short lived as it is not a global cell phone technology. Sprint was, and in essence still is for the time being, but T-Mobile is GSM technology which is going to stand the test of time as it is indeed a global technology. Basically what that means is, if you travel abroad, your CDMA phone won't work, but a GSM phone will. Another advantage to GSM is that you can put your SIM card in any unlocked phone you like and not have any headaches, as I did getting my Samsung Galaxy S9+ and Note 9 working. So if you're smart, you'll ditch this garbage and find a solid GSM provider. The only thing I wasn't able to get with another carrier is the 30gb hotspot, the next best is only 20gb, but where I have wifi hotspot almost everywhere I go with my internet service provider, I suppose that's not such a big deal anymore. Good luck, and happy cell carrier shopping, these turds are in the dumpster and It doesn't appear that they're going to be able to get out.