Shawnb822's profile
Accomplice

Accomplice

• 

22 Messages

Sun, Jul 1, 2018 1:00 PM

IMS registration status says I'm not registered or is false. What does that mean? Motog6 play

Responses

Hozuki_Robert

Boost Care

• 

1.6K Messages

3 years ago

Good morning, Shawnb822! Our apologies for the late reply!

Could you give us more details about that issue? We'd love to help you!

Hozuki_Robert

Accomplice

• 

22 Messages

3 years ago

It appears in the about phone part of the settings.
Carol21

Boost Care

• 

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

So sorry for the delayed response. It's related to the multimedia services. Are you able to send text and multimedia messages? Are you getting any particular error message?

Accomplice

• 

22 Messages

3 years ago

Accomplice

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I just bought the Moto G6 Play a week ago when I switched to Boost, and my IMS Registration Status also says "not registered". I have had nothing but problems connecting to the network/internet. Its constantly switching between no data connection or EXTREMELY slow data connection. I've been on the phone with Boost Care representatives daily since I switched, and nothing has fixed the issue. My location shouldn't be the issue, since my roomie also has Boost, and has not experienced the same issues. My previous phone was a Moto G3, which I loved, but this whole ordeal is making me want to quit the Moto line altogether. Any suggestions?

Accomplice

• 

22 Messages

3 years ago

There may have been an issue or two receiving some text, but I'm sure I've not received any error messages that I can recall.

Accomplice

• 

22 Messages

3 years ago

Ok I will.

Boost Care

• 

1.6K Messages

3 years ago

Hi there, Berlynn_4667! We sincerely apologize for that issue!

Did you try a master reset to see if that fixes the issue with the IMS registration?

Hozuki_Robert

Carol21

Boost Care

• 

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

If you happen to have any problem with the service, please let us know.

Accomplice

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

One last thing before I do the factory reset.... I just did a network test, and it shows my IP address as (66.__.164.__), Portland, U.S.; Network: Sprint, Tacoma, WA;. LTE:. Boost Mobile......but the info in my phone under Settings/SIM Info shows IP address as (192.__.0.__).

Please let me know if that changes anything. If not, I'll perform the factory reset. Thank you

Boost Care

• 

1.6K Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for that information, Berlynn_4667! Sorry for the late reply!

The issue you're having with your Motorola seems to be related to the phone's software. Therefore, we highly suggest you to try using a master reset to check if that resolves the issue.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Hozuki_Robert

Accomplice

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Just as I went to post that, I received the following error:.

The site can't be reached
The connection was reset.
TRY:
Checking the connection
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

TO ADD:. MY PHONE JUST AUTOMATICALLY DID A BUG REPORT, WHICH WILL HOPEFULLY HELP. PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW I CAN SEND IT TO YOU

Accomplice

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Are u referring to doing a Factory Reset of the phone? Or the network?

Boost Care reset and reconfigured everything to do with the network from their end, as well as mine, twice now. Each time it seemed to have fixed the no data/slow data connection, but only for a short time.

As for the phone, I was hoping to get an answer as to what the problem might be before doing a Factory Reset, unless that is my only option at this point

Accomplice

• 

22 Messages

3 years ago

How do you do a master reset?

Boost Care

• 

1.6K Messages

3 years ago

- @Shawnb822: To learn how to carry out a master reset, please visit: https://bit.ly/2ILPYgu.

Please let us know if this fixed the issue on your Motorola G6 Play.

- @ Berlynn_4667: The IP address varies depending on your location and the network you're connected to. After performing the master reset, check if you notice any changes.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Hozuki_Robert