Redmnm88's profile

Tue, Jun 30, 2020 11:00 AM

Motorola Moto g power

I just went through ALL the hoops to connect this phone so I thought I would share. It is compatible (on it now posting this) but the sim card u need is the 416TQ . All the stores around me don't have it... BUT.. BEST BUY DOES.

Responses

3 Messages

8 m ago

How do I send a private message

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

8 m ago

Tapping on the agent's name will provide the option to private message. vicotr21

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

8 m ago

Hi there Dcrooms. Thank you for contacting us. Please send us a private message with your Boost mobile phone number, pin code, IMEI number of the new phone,and the sim card number. 

4 Messages

7 m ago

Any luck with activating this phone? I currently am in the process of trying to activate it through boost and its been more than just a headache.

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

7 m ago

Hi there Andy. Thank you for contacting us. Where did you purchased the phone?

4 Messages

7 m ago

I bought it from Motorola as an unlocked, new phone

4 Messages

7 m ago

Yes I went to the actual store and they confirmed it is compatible in addition to verifying it myself online. We tried sim cards from my end and those in the store and they didn't work. I've purchased the sim cards from the boost mobile site and I'll try them when they arrive. If I run into any problems there, I'll return here. Thanks for your time!

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

7 m ago

Understood. Not all unlocked phones are compatible with Boost mobile. Please visit www.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone/ and enter your Device ID to check if your phone is compatible with Boost mobile. If so, it will allow you to purchase a compatible sim card for it.

Boost Care

• 

2.8K Messages

7 m ago

Hi there. Thanks for contacting us.

To better assist you, please send us a private message with the following information: 

- Phone number 
- PIN 
- DEC or IMEI  (dial *#06# to get it)
- SIM card number (ICCID) 

4 Messages

7 m ago

Hey Victor21 so I received the Boost Sim card today and tried to connect it online using the Swap My Device Feature, I get an error telling me "We had trouble processing your ICCID. Please try again." when the ICCID number is input. Same issue as before, the phone is verified to be compatible. Any ideas or solutions?

2 Messages

7 m ago

I seen a 416Q sim card on eBay but having trouble finding a 416tQ anywhere, even best buy. Can you send me a link to an affordable one I'd like to activate this phone to my boost mobile service.

2 Messages

7 m ago

I just searched for a 416TQ Boost mobile sim card, even on the best buy website, and the closest thing I found was a 416Q sim card on eBay. Are those the same? I am ordering a moto g power and I am looking forward to activating it to my boost mobile account.

1 Message

2 m ago

I'm thinking of getting the moto G and now I'm really hesitating after reading about the numerous difficulties

of getting this phone activated by Boost.  Many other customers say that it is difficult to get the 416TQ Sim Card.

Others said they could only find the 416Q on Ebay and no luck with Best Buy.  Would you recommend that this

phone is worth all of the trouble?  You never mentioned if you liked the phone. 

5 Messages

2 m ago

Are you saying that the sim card that is included with the new phone, is not the right one?

11 Messages

2 m ago

ok i recently bought this motorola g power phone from the boost mobile website. but when i tried to transfer my existing boost number to the phone i was told to take it into a store to have activated. well after arriving at the boost mobile store i was told the motorola g power cant be activated in west virginia. Then i try to transfer my number directly back to the phone that i just had been using was told that i needed to pay $30 to be able to do so eventhough my number just came off that phone. never once had the phone been used because well it couldnt be activated in west virginia and the boost representative on the phone tells me to take the device into the store for a refund but only then did i find out that boost mobile doesnt have any stores directly they are all companies that sale the boost mobile products. they are just authorized dealers. So now i am stuck with a phone and cant be activated but if anyone knows how (like this sim card thing in this discussion) i can activate this device with my current number in clarksburg west virginia please help... i broke my other phone and am a single mom and cant afford to keep buying phones and not even be able to return them although they were never used.. PLease help anyone...

Boost Care

• 

3.5K Messages

Please send us the address to verify coverage.
- Fonsy82

11 Messages

you were just trying to help me with another issue. but there is no 5G here yet but all the other phones off the boost mobile website can be activated in west virginia except the motorola g power . not sure why that is but thats what i was told

11 Messages

but if you can help me activate this phone or provide me with the sim card they are talking about in this discussion that would be great

11 Messages

- Fonsy82   i live in clarksburg, wv 26301

Boost Care

• 

3.5K Messages

You may verify that there's no Expanded Network coverage at that location here: https://www.boostmobile.com/coveragemap_xp.html?INTNAV=UtilNav:ExpandedCoverageMap. We can activate the phone, but it will not have service. 

All phones are sold to be activated on the the new Expanded Network. The Nationwide (CDMA) network that you are connected to with your current phone, will be shutdown by January 2022.

Boost Mobile has historically provided talk, text and data on the Sprint network. In June of 2020, we transitioned to the T-Mobile network as part of T-Mobile’s acquisition of Sprint. T-Mobile plans on shutting down existing Sprint cellular towers, which means customers who use phones that access the old Sprint network will no longer receive service. https://www.boostmobile.com/support/faq/plans-services/cdma-migration.html

Due to this, we are no longer selling the CDMA SIM card. 

- Fonsy82