TylerSerijack's profile

Sun, Jul 19, 2020 5:00 PM

LG Stylo 6 Fingerprint not working

Hello! About a month ago I got my new LG Stylo 6 and immediately added my fingerprint to unlock the phone. About a week ago its been acting up. If I turn the device on or restart it I'll use the pin to open it the first time and I use my fingerprint every time after words. But after so long, I'd say about an hour, the device won't even recognize there is a finger on the scanner. I've tried removing my finger print and even added two different ones but it still won't sense any fingers.

Responses

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

9 m ago

Sorry to hear about this, TylerSerijack. Have you tried doing a factory reset? 

5 Messages

Go to storage, then internal storage, and delete the cache for temporary files.

5 m ago

Im experiencing the exact same thing and have had my phone just a couple days

Boost Care

• 

2.6K Messages

5 m ago

Hello, Courtneytriplet. So sorry about the trouble. We'd love to help you. Has your device sustained any physical damage (wet, dropped, broken, etc..)?

2 Messages

4 m ago

Was there ever any advice on this issue? Mine does the same thing and not an old phone or damaged in any way.. it's a bummer

Boost Care

• 

1.6K Messages

4 m ago

Hello ana79. Sorry for the delayed response. Support is available from 6 am - 10 pm CST Monday - Friday, and from 6 am - 9 pm CST on weekends. 

This issue could be related to a software issue. Did you try doing a factory reset? After you backup your contacts, files, pictures, etc.)

2 Messages

I am having the same issue with finger print Sensor. 

I have never ever dropped my device cause this device is my Child so I am not careless.

I had my Identity stolen last year so I decided to add more security to my phone. Didnt know I was going have a problem like this!!!

2 Messages

This is Michael Cave and I am not happy cause everything is on my phone

1 Message

2 m ago

Just got my Stylo 6 a month ago and I'm not happy because my finger print has stopped working and a lot of my apps require my finger print and yes I have restarted my phone and no I have no type of damage to it fix please.

Netta

Boost Care

• 

1.9K Messages

Hi!  Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear that! We'll do our best to help. This issue could be software related. Did you try doing a factory reset already? You must backup your contacts, files, pictures, etc., because everything is deleted from the phone when a factory reset is done. Also, did you verify if there are any pending software updates on your phone? 
- AmyM25

3 Messages

2 m ago

My stylo 6 has been nothing but problems and I've had it less than 4 months. 1st it would not stay connected to the network. After 4 calls to support i finally got a rep who said i had a sim card that was configured for 5G network and it wasn't up and working in my area yet so he had to reactivate sim card from old phone and place in new one in order for it to stay connected. Now that 5G is up and working i still have a 4G sim and only 4G connectivity.

Now the fingerprint isn't working. I haven't contacted support cause like this site says, they are going to want me to do a factory reset and i will lose all my info and do not have the time or want to set everything up again.

I purchased a new phone due to issues with the old one and was better off with the old phone. 

Since it is still under warranty it should be replaced. However i would have to send this one in and be without until a new one arrives. Who can go without for a week to 10 days while they receive this one and send out another? I certaintly can not since this is my only means of staying comnected.

These tect companies have us by the balls and everything set so we will deal with problems instead of holding them responsible for faulty equipment cause we are penalized by having to sacrifice while we wait for them to repair or send a new device.

We should start a class action law suit so they are held accountable for peddling their wares which do not work properly to start with.

2 Messages

Well you see that its a bug on LG side not boost its just software meaning that its the newest update... So the goods were not broken to begin with

2 Messages

2 m ago

Mine does this too also I just got shocked through my finger print area

1 Message

1 m ago

I am having the same issues and i just got my phone 4 months ago

2 Messages

1 m ago

I have to exact same problem which is kinda silly but its just software and not hardware so thats good just wait for a new patch...

1 m ago

I have had my Stylo 6 for about 3 weeks now and by the second we these fingerprint scanner begin to function very poorly I'm making this post for anyone asking questions as I am a former cell phone repair technician as well as an ex Geek Squad agent and have dealt with these problems and can assure you that I did of course try factory resetting software updating and a variety of research and have found no Solutions this does seem to be a known and existing problem and there does not seem to be any apparent answer I'm very disappointed to say that I think the biometric scanner on the Stylo 6 was just made poorly as I got the six to replace my Stylo 5 when it broke and I had it for a number of years and it always functioned perfectly my advice would be to contact LG Boost is unlikely to be able to help you unless you bought their insurance and then they're only going to get us give you another phone which is likely going to have the same problem

3 Messages

1 m ago

I believe that it is a Factory Defect, but there seems to be an additional Software Patch that also causes functionality to toggle On/Off. No solution as yet? I was am a fan of this phablet otherwise. Really professional design and features! 

1 Message

25 d ago

I also just got the stylo 6 less than a week ago and already having issues with the fingerprint scanner

Boost Care

• 

3.5K Messages

Good day. Thank you for contacting us. Did you try to contact LG Electronics? Please, keep in mind that the device is covered under warranty during 1 year.

- Joy1713

3 Messages

Joy keep in mind u have to send your device in and wait for them to receive it and then send you 1 back out.

Can u do without your device for 7 to 10 business days?

Didn't think so.

3 Messages

25 d ago

Personally i think everyone who purchased this piece if crap stylo 6 should get a huge trade in discount on the 7 when it is released over the next couple months.

5 Messages

Go to storage, then internal storage, and delete the cache for temporary files.  You probably won't be able to get an LG Stylo 7 because LG is closing down their phone business.

1 Message

16 d ago

Hey guys i had my LG stylo 6 for a bout a year and i noticed i had the same problem the other day. What i did to fix the finger print sensor was go in to the settings menu and i went into the extensions menu which says smart cleaning under then after optimizing my phone i went into the test hardware option section where i tested the sensor and all of a sudden it began to work again.

5 Messages

Go to storage, then internal storage, and delete the cache for temporary files.