ParasiticZ's profile

Groupie

• 

6 Messages

Mon, Dec 10, 2018 8:00 PM

Charging (and Customer Service) Nightmare w/ a new Q710PL.

My Stylo 2 gave up the ghost so I bought a Stylo 4+ from the Boost website. I plug it in to my dual 2.1 amp car charger, and it complains that it's slow charging and basically hardly charges at all. Like it can't get power in faster than it's using it.

So I start trying to search Google for more information on where to start. Nothing that came with the phone seems to indicate which of the multiple fast charging standards the phone uses. Google just keeps showing me sites that say it "supports fast charging according to the manufacturer." How about an actual charging spec?

I download the manual from LG's site seeing that Boost no longer bothers to ship you one, and it says that using anything but the included wall charger and cable will damage the phone. I click the chat support button on their website and get a retarded "AI" search. I click the link for live help, and the girl on the other end basically told me the same thing the manual did.

I said, "But I need a car charger, and it didn't come with one, so what can I do?" So she gives me a link to "LG Online Retailers" - one of which is Amazon. But she flat out REFUSED to give me any idea which charging standard to look for, or even an official LG charger model number. Just a link to Amazon's cell phone section. Which is full of questionable no-name chargers, and nothing made by LG. Not that I want an LG branded charger mind you, but without a charging spec, how will I know which ones are really compatible? Should I just start buying chargers until I get lucky and hit one that works?

Next I spent an hour on the phone with two foreigners who were useless as **bleep** on a bull. First, a woman at LG who tried selling me a power bank and when I said "but I need a car charger," she told me that they aren't allowed to sell accessories (remember, I only wanted to know the charging specs and maybe the model number of a compatible LG product) to me, and I am required to contact Boost if I want to purchase a charger. I told her that the Boost website has both the tech support and accessory sales sections broken down by phone and my phone isn't listed, so she transferred my call to Boost. (I bought the phone on that site just fine.)

Take 2... Boost's call center cubicle jockey made me give him my phone number, pin, and full mailing address. Several times. And my model number several times. From perplexed questions coming out of his mouth, you would think he doesn't even know what a cell phone actually is. He knew even less than the girl at LG, and after several brief stints on hold he told me the address of two nearby brick and mortar Boost resellers because he couldn't help me. At least that's what I think he said, I've met 2 year olds who were better at speaking English.

If this is the way LG and Boost treat their customers, I'm never buying either one of your companies products again. I should have learned my lesson after trashing a 2 year old $1200 LG refrigerator that the repair guy couldn't seem to fix and sitting having to call India on and off for a week when I ported in to Boost a few years ago, but my old phone was decent so I figured I'd be safe buying the new model.

At this point I have been at this for around FOUR HOURS NOW. At this point I think you could mail me a whole box of chargers for FREE and I'd still be upset. What is my time actually worth? Just tell me which fast charging standard the **bleep** phone actually supports so I can order one,  before I switch back to AT&T. 

Sincerely, 

Mr. Livid Customer

Responses

Kira_M

Boost Care

• 

1.7K Messages

• 

1.6K Points

2 years ago

Hello, @ParasiticZ. Thank you for stopping by. Unfortunately, we don't have car charges for the LG Stylo 4+. However, if you'd like to, you can go to a Boost Mobile store and purchase the car charger. We're truly sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.  -Kira_M. 

Groupie

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

This is ridiculous. If you don't sell them online, tell me which fast charging standard it uses so I can go on Amazon and buy one from someone who does. There is no reason to refuse to give me this information.

Boost Care

• 

3.2K Messages

• 

1.8K Points

2 years ago

Unfortunately we do not have this information, because we do not sell it. We apologize. We recommend to look it up on Google first, it will help you better.

Groupie

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Can you not read? I did look it up on Google and found nothing.

Then I asked LG online, and they told me to only use the wall charger.

Then I asked LG on the phone and they told me their contract with you is that only you can sell me accessories and transfered my call to you.

Without a way to charge it in a car my Boost phone is a $220 paperweight.

All I need is to know the specs of the phone you sold me and refuse to support.

Boost Care

• 

3.2K Messages

• 

1.8K Points

2 years ago

We apologize you feel this way. We only sell the device, not the accessories online. We recommend to contact a local Boost Mobile store to get better assistance.