CyberWolf2017's profile

Sun, Feb 19, 2017 8:00 AM

System UI Tuner

OK, now that I have Nougat on my Stylo 2, how do I get to use the System UI Tuner?

Seems rathewr stupid to block that when it IS a major reason for liking Nougat. Besides I REALLY woould like too be able to try Night Mode.

So, does ANYONE have the instructions on how to enable? Because that idea of long pressing the gear on the shade definiktely does NOT work.

Thanks.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Accepted Solution

745 Messages

5 y ago

CyberWolf2017 wrote:

OK, now that I have Nougat on my Stylo 2, how do I get to use the System UI Tuner?

Seems rathewr stupid to block that when it IS a major reason for liking Nougat. Besides I REALLY woould like too be able to try Night Mode.

So, does ANYONE have the instructions on how to enable? Because that idea of long pressing the gear on the shade definiktely does NOT work.

Thanks.

Bad news, I'm afraid.  This option has been disabled by LG on Nougat for all their devices (it's not available on my V20 on Sprint either).

We can and I did put in a request from to LG for it to be enabled in a future software update.   I did the same for the Emergency Contact Info on the Lock Screen.  I probably will not get follow up on that request, it'll just appear in a software update in the future.

This one in particular is something we saw most OEMs disable, with only the Google phones guaranteed to have it enabled. 

84 Messages

5 y ago

Well, from the overwhelming silence on this I can assume that LG decided to not allow access to this Nougat feature.

A shame really. Would have been nice.

84 Messages

5 y ago

I can only deduce that Boost Mobile REMOVED this feature for whatever reason..

Since I cannot get ANY answers here concerning this feature and one other I am interested in.

3 Messages

4 y ago

By default hidden system UI tuner in android Nougat devices such as Moto G4 plus, Samsung galaxy S7 & S7 Edge, Nexus 6p / 6, Galaxy S6 Edge & S6 Edge plus, Galaxy note 7 etc. 

How to enable system UI tuner on nougat 7.0 & 7.1

Step 1: Swipe down from the top of the home screen on Nougat

Step 2: Tap & hold on “Settings” gear icon few seconds

If not enable system UI tuner then first of all enable developer mode in Nougat 7.0 device using below settings.

Settings > About Phone > Tap build number 7 times > developer mode

Step 3: Now follow above given step 1 and step 2

You can see this message: Congrats! System UI tuner has been added to settings

Remove system UI tuner on Nougat & marshmallow devices:  

Step 1: Swipe down from the top of the home screen on Nougat

Step 2: Tap & hold on “Settings” gear icon few seconds

Step 3: Tap “Remove

I hope this method fix your issue. 

4 y ago

I managed to get into developer mode on my LG Stylo 3 with Nougat. Unfortunately I can't get the settings gear to prompt the System UI Tuner. Holding it down does not enable it. It doesn't appear in the list of developer options either.

Any ideas?

Also, how do I get out of developer mode when I'm done with this?