Saphire978's profile

Sat, Aug 24, 2019 6:00 PM

Stylo 5 fingerprint not working

I just bought the stylo 5 today. I tried to set up the security with my fingerprint and the fingerprint touchpad doesn't do anything. But when i run diagnostics, it says it is working.

Responses

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

2 y ago

Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response. We could recommend to try turning the phone off and on and test again. You may also try doing a factory reset and test the fingerprint from the start again. Please try this and keep us updated with the results.

6 Messages

2 y ago

I factory reset the phone and the fingerprint pad is till not acknowledging a finger is on it.

6 Messages

2 y ago

Did the factory reset and the fingerprint pad is still not acknowledging when a finger is placed on the pad.

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

2 y ago

Hi there Saphire978. Did you set up the feature through the lock screen settings? Victor21

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

2 y ago

Thanks. Please make sure the screen is wipe and start the process. 

1. From a Home screen, navigate: Settings > Lock screen & security.
  2. Tap Select screen lock. ...
  3. Tap Fingerprints. ...
  4. Review instructions, then tap NEXT.
  5. If presented, select a lock screen option (e.g., Pattern, PIN, Password) then follow the steps to complete the process.

6 Messages

2 y ago

Yes, this is where I am trying to set up my fingerprint.

6 Messages

2 y ago

I have tried the stwpa you mentioned several times and it still does not work.

6 Messages

2 y ago

I just tested the fingerprint sensor in the test hardware screen and it says "not responding, contact a customer center"

Boost Care

• 

1K Messages

2 y ago

Hello there Saphire978. Unfortunately, this sound like a device issue more than a setting set up. Please contact LG Support at 1-800-793-8896 for assistance.

1 Message

1 m ago

My LG Stylo 5 fingerprint sensor was working fine, and setting it up was flawless. Now, it's only 1 year old and when I run a hardware scan I see this:

"Contact Customer Center".

Can I fix this myself? You know, A DIY Fixer upper. 

Eric Moraign

Boost Care

• 

3.7K Messages

Hi, imn2anal! Thank you for contacting us. This seems to be a device related issue. We recommend you to contact LG support for further assistance at 1-800-793-8896 or Online: http://us.lgservice.com

- Boost_MasielQ