D

Wed, Sep 15, 2021 7:50 PM

Since Installing New Sim Card WiFi Scans CONSTANTLY

After being nagged by Boost to get a new sim card to access the upgraded network I did.  Since then my WiFi scans CONSTANTLY!  It shows connected, then disconnects, scans, the WiFi symbol with a number shows, then the WiFi symbol with a box, then it connects again.  I can sit on the Wifi screen and watch it over and over and over again.  Trying to stream videos and they always hiccup at the disconnection.  Yet if I turn my WiFi off the video streams perfectly.  I thought the new sim card was for connection to the "upgraded network".  Why is it screwing with my WiFi connection?  That's not even YOUR network!  It happens at home and at work, it was never a problem before the new sim card.  My phone, an LG Stylo 6, is not even a year and half old.  I know it's not 5G but there was not a problem before and I am wondering why it is now and how it can be corrected.  Please advise on how I can get a solid WiFi connection.  

Responses

Boost Care

• 

508 Messages

1 m ago

Hello David! We understand this situation is frustrating for you! The ability of a phone to connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi is a function of the phone, this isn't controlled by our network. You can find support for LG here: https://www.boostmobile.com/support/phone-help. If you have any other questions please reach back out to us here!

4 Messages

24 d ago

I followed the link but there was no phone support there.  I searched manually for my model number LM-Q730TM but it came up with a different phone.  Anything else I can try, the wifi keeps searching non stop.  Please let me know.  Thanks...

Boost Care

• 

73 Messages

Hi there, David! Thank you for reaching out to us. This is what I was able to find for your concern with your LG Stylo 6 LM-Q730  keeps searching for Wi-Fi. There is a setting called Scanning always available that you can check to see if it is enabled if it is you can disable it and that should correct the issue. To find this setting you need to go into your phone's Settings>Wi-Fi and hit the menu button and then select Advanced than from there you should see the "Scanning always available" and make sure it is disabled. Hope that helps. 

Cindy A,

4 Messages

WiFi scanning is turned off, along with Bluetooth scanning..  I just don't understand why it connects disconnects scans and reconnects over and over again.  It never happened before the SIM card update.  It is really annoying when trying to watch a video that stutters or even sending a message and it comes up waiting for connection.  Granted it's only a few seconds but why?  It never happened before.  Still looking for a solution...

Boost Care

• 

508 Messages

Hey David! the link we sent previously was intended to get you to LG's support page. This isn't a live link but you can find LG support at lg.com/us/support. Please let us know if you have any other questions.