Avd2531's profile

Sun, Dec 30, 2018 11:00 AM

Not receiving txts

I’ve had my iPhone 6s Plus for about 2 months and service is decent but I cannot receive normal txt messages only I messages for some reason. My friend will get my txts saying hey or whatever on his end but on my end I’m not receiving any normal Android / green bubble messages only iMessages. Please help! Thanks

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Boost Care

• 

1.9K Messages

2 y ago

Thanks for the information. There're no reports of open network outages and there's good coverage in this area. Please follow the next steps and try again. 

1. From the Home screen, navigate: Settings  > Messages.
2. Tap the Send as SMS switch to turn on or off.

Boost Care

• 

3.5K Messages

3 y ago

Hi, Avd2531. Let's do some investigating. For how long have you experienced this issue?

10 Messages

3 y ago

Since I got my iphone back at the end of October (30th) / beginning of November 2018. Ever since then I haven’t got any txts from non iPhone numbers

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

3 y ago

Hey Avd2531! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is our pleasure to assist you. Does this happen only to receive text messages from Android users? Have they confirmed to you that they are able to receive your text messages? ~AmyM25

10 Messages

2 y ago

Yea I’ve tried txting android users multiple times and I never received any txts back, only messages from other iPhone users. I also noticed that I won’t get pass codes txts from certain cites like google or Uber eats (regular automative messages) when I enter my phone number. Please help it’s been going on for months

Boost Care

• 

1.9K Messages

2 y ago

Sorry to hear about this experience, Avd2531. We want to help. Can you please let us know what’s your nearest cross street address and ZIP Code? Can you please let us know what’s the make and model of your phone?

10 Messages

2 y ago

Not sure what cross street address I have but I live on 51 traders lane west Yarmouth, MA. The phone I have is a white iPhone 6s Plus

Boost Care

• 

1.9K Messages

2 y ago

Thanks for the information. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request.

10 Messages

2 y ago

I tried that and that didn’t work at all, I sent two txt messages and I got nothing back from my friend, I told him on snap chat to reply, he said he did but I never received his messages at all. Is there anything else to fix this ? I need my service to be fixed for receiving non iMessage txts

10 Messages

2 y ago

How do I set up this private channel? I click on your profile and there’s no link or indication of a way to set up a direct message?

1K Messages

2 y ago

Hello Avd2531. Thanks for the info. Is your iMessaging off? There a few things that you must check. for example, making sure that your phone number and not your Apple ID is set to send and receive. Go to Settings > Messages, and tap Send & Receive. Select your phone number instead of your Apple ID. Try that first since the fact that you are seeing a green message bubble instead of a blue one it means your iMesssaging is on. 

10 Messages

2 y ago

Just sent the private message thank you

10 Messages

2 y ago

Did you even read my reply? My iMessage is NOT THE PROBLEM!! it’s me not receiving andrioid green bubble/ SMS txt messages. I cannot recieve regular txt messages. That means i can only get blue iMessages. One more time. I CANNOT RECIEVE SMS TEXT MESSAGES.

10 Messages

2 y ago

That doesn’t make any sense dude, I have a second phone with Verizon that can send txts and receive txts from any type of phone if I have imessage turned on and sms turned on settings. I’m close to just ending my service with boost mobile if you can’t fix this issue literally never happened before with any other provider.

1K Messages

2 y ago

I read your post. Android devices cannot send to you if your iMessaging is set to receive because the messages will be going to an Apple server.  If you are using iMessages as your default messaging app, you will not receive text from Android devices. You can visit Apple Support for more assistance here at this link; https://support.apple.com/contact