markm2mail's profile

Fri, Nov 3, 2017 4:00 PM

LGLS675-How to change default app download to SD card instead of Internal

LGLS675-  How do I change the default download of apps from my internal to SD card?

I am very limited on my internal space. I put in a much larger SD card and transferred my information over to it from my old SD card to the new one. In the future when I download apps how do I make the download to default to my SD card instead of my internal?

Thanks

Responses

Accepted Solution

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

4 y ago

Hi. Unfortunately it is not recommended. Victor21

Boost Care

• 

3.4K Messages

4 y ago

Hi there, markm2mail! The phone should be running Android "Marshmallow", which is what you would need to be able to make the card "Internal" storage. The android system (up to Lollipop) won’t let you install the app directly to SD card. The most you can do is move a portion of app data to SD card after installation. You have to do this manually for each app you wish to move to SD.

9 Messages

4 y ago

Thanks for your reply about Marshmellow.

My problem now will be in order to upgrade to Marshmellow I will probably need more internal space available than I have presently.

My internal space is 8gig. I have about 450megs available. Most of the internal is used by "Apps" about 3.33gig and "System Data" about 3.99 gigs so it is not just a matter of removing pictures or videos to make room on the internal to upgrade to Marshmellow so there is room for the upgrade.

I don't know what apps I can remove to make room on the internal for the upgrade that won't cause the phone to fail as some apps are required just for the phone to operate correctly. Those messages that come up when you go to remove an app that say something like if you remove this app it may cause other apps not to work properly.

I am not really a fan of doing a back up with LG app because I don't want my personal information uploaded to their servers or whatever it does for the back up process. This is why I normally have my phone save messages, contacts etc on my external SD card and I back that up periodically to my laptop.

Any ideas as to how I can upgrade to Marshmellow running on very limited internal space? If I knew it would involve all of this just to put in a larger SD card I probably would not have done it. I am due for an upgrade on my boost phone. Only thing I hate about that is when you first get the new phone it looks and feels great until about 3 months later when you start to realize you hate it and wish you had your old phone back but it is too late.

Thanks for any help

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

4 y ago

Understood. Portion of phone memory storage is dedicated to the operating system and required services. As a result this portion of memory is not usable by applications, pictures, videos or other personal data. We do apologize for the inconveniences. It is not recommended to remove/delete application pre-installed which will cause the phone to not work properly. Victor21

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

4 y ago

Hi there. The minimal practical RAM needed is around 500MB over the minimum. 1GB minimum to run the OS. 1,5GB minimum to run with some apps. Even if it allows to be installed, with that remaining capacity, it would not run accordingly. Victor21

9 Messages

4 y ago

Victor21 wrote:

Understood. Portion of phone memory storage is dedicated to the operating system and required services. As a result this portion of memory is not usable by applications, pictures, videos or other personal data. We do apologize for the inconveniences. It is not recommended to remove/delete application pre-installed which will cause the phone to not work properly. Victor21

"We do apologize for the inconveniences. It is not recommended to remove/delete application pre-installed which will cause the phone to not work properly. Victor21"

So what is the answer to this then? How do I upgrade my phone to Marshmellow with such limited space internally. I have basically removed as much of other things on the phone other than the needed phone systems required as you state and still only have about 500megs or so. How much internal is needed to upgrade to Marshmellow. i don't want to be in the middle of the upgrade and have my phone crash because4 there was not enough of internal to do it the upgrade and now it is in the middle of the upgrade and I can't go back to LolliPop (which by the way I hated).

Other thoughts or suggestions please.

9 Messages

4 y ago

so what you are telling me is that i can not with the space i have on the phone presently safely upgrade to marshmellow.

9 Messages

4 y ago

Thanks for your advice Victor; much appreciated.

So basically I am stuck with a phone with very limited internal memory and can't do anything to increase it; great. glad I bought this phone now.

21 Messages

3 y ago

I got the same phone. Crappiest phone I've ever had.

21 Messages

3 y ago

Thanks! Another question, how are people supposed to know that? All of these posts talk only about code names, why not mention version numbers so people's answers can be helpful.

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

3 y ago

Hi, @SixSigmaGuy. The Android 7.0 is called Nougat.

21 Messages

3 y ago

Is it possible to stop using code names to refer to the different versions, since as a retail customer there is nothing that tells me what the code name is of my version of software. When I look under "about phone" under settings, it tells me my Android version is 7. 0 and my software version is LS777ZVD. What is the code name for my version?