zurick's profile

Thu, Oct 15, 2020 11:00 PM

LG Tribute HD no longer sending/receiving MMS

As of a few weeks ago, my LG Tribute HD phone is no longer able to send/receive group texts (MMS). This used to work. I am running Android OS version 6.0.1

I tried it on the default Android Messages app, as well as Textra and Chomp SMS, with various phone and app configuration settings and WiFi enabled/disabled. The end result is the same -- group texts I receive as MMS fail to download, and manual attempts to re-download them fail as well.

Help 😕

Accepted Solution

3.6K Messages

1 y ago

Hey there @zurick We apologize for the inconvenience, and we'll be more than happy to assist you. Would you please be so kind to send us a Private Message, so we can further assist you? 

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message".

~JoyP.

4 Messages

1 y ago

After troubleshooting via various Agents, got it working again 🙂 Thanks!

What ultimately helped was switching network mode from Automatic to CDMA.

Boost Care

• 

3.2K Messages

1 y ago

Hi, @zurick. We're glad to know that the problem was resolved. Get back to us if you need further assistance. We remain at your service.

1 Message

1 y ago

Thank you for putting in your solution!

This fixed my LG problem too.

4 Messages

1 y ago

Thank you!!

4 Messages

1 y ago

Hi. I'm having the same problem. Where is the setting to switch to CDMA?

4 Messages

1 y ago

For me on TributeHD, running Android version 6.0.1:

1. Swipe down, go to "settings" (cog icon)
  2. Under "Networks", go to Connectivity -> "More" (very bottom)
  3. Select "Mobile Networks"
  4. Select  "Network Mode"
  5. Select "CDMA". (Mine was previously on Automatic)

Not sure if restarting phone after is required, but wouldn't hurt.

We also tried a number of things prior to this. If the above does not work, start your own thread -- the agents are very responsive.

4 Messages

1 y ago

Hi. I'm having the same problem. For some reason, I can't see the solution. Would you please reply to this post with the instructions? Thanks!

4 Messages

1 y ago

Hi. I am also having the same problem receiving MMS on my LG TributeHD. The same message has been failing twice a day for over a week. What are the steps that were provided for a fix in the original post? Thanks in advance!

1 Message

6 m ago

having this issue but on the XP network