C

Sat, Mar 6, 2021 4:23 AM

Lg stylo 6 screen and drop down glitches and lg known issue per lg community

The screen keeps malfunctioning. I have repeated manually restarted for the problem to be solved on the short term. One example is when I try to tap open a thread or anything on my phone anywhere on the screen, the top drop menu will pull down. At times the screen is unresponsive or clicks something I was no where near clicking. Is it a software malfunction? What do I need to try? this keeps more frequently occuring and lg has not responded to complaints or solutions on the matter. 

2 Messages

Hace 1 año

Are you having issues with your fingerprint sensor as well? I have to completely delete and reenter my fingerprints every few days, because it can no longer recognize either one hand. I jad the 5 for over a year and absolutely loved it, the 6 has been nothing but problems from the beginning! 

4 Messages

Actually yes I have also had issues with the fingerprint sensor failing.

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

Understood. This would be a warranty issue. If the phone is still under warranty. you would need to contact LG. 
- Victor21

2 Messages

Hace 1 año

Are you having issues with your fingerprint sensor as well? I have to completely delete and reenter my fingerprints every few days, because it can no longer recognize either one hand. I had the 5 for over a year and absolutely loved it! The 6, however, has been nothing but problems from the beginning! I am beyond unhappy with this POS!😠 

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

Hace 1 año

Hi there CVMILLERGARCIA. Thabnk you for contacting us. How long have you hade the phone. Have you tried wiping the screen off with a dry cloth.
- Victor21

4 Messages

Since it came out last year and yes I also have cleaned the screen and reset the device. I have checked with lg and this is an ongoing issue with many customers who own the lg stylo 6 from many different company's all experiencing the similar issues.

5 Messages

What did LG say to do? I work at a cell phone store and have had a few doing this and my daughters does it too. Assuming LG warranty Claim?

(edited)

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

Hi there Travis. Anything we may help you with?
- Victor21

4 Messages

LG is no longer going to be in the cell phone business and or process of updates and such to fix anything. They shut down all their factory's and are concerting them for TV and appliances mainly. No more LG Phones. 

3 Messages

Hace 7 m

My wife's phone seems to be having the drop down issue as well.  She said it started a couple weeks ago.  She has had the phone since about Feb. 2021.  Has anyone determined an issue or is it warranty?

5 Messages

@bartuzzi77    I think it's a warranty issue or buy a new phone. I haven't found anyone having any fix for it. 

Boost Care

• 

2.4K Messages

@bartuzzi77 Hello! The phone would be is no longer under warranty with Boost. New LG devices have a 1-year warranty period. You can find support for LG here: https://www.boostmobile.com/support/phone-help

3 Messages

I don't understand.  We've had it less than a year (purchased Feb 2021), so how is it no longer under warranty?

Boost Care

• 

2.4K Messages

I apologize if I wasn't clear. I was trying to say that your warranty is with LG not with Boost, so you will need to contact them to replace the phone. Sorry for the confusion I should have been more clear. 

3 Messages

Ok thank you.   The phone seems to be running a bit better but we will keep an eye on it

Hace 7 m

All the time. I'm about to Chuck the phone and switch to Xfinity with my partner. Freezy, drop down screen constantly, not letting me go back a page, opening pages or links I haven't even touched. So many issues. I was gonna get the Galaxy Note but heard they weren't making anymore after the new one. I just want my stylus....

5 Messages

@AlicenZombieland   the moto g stylus 5g has good ratings and 128 gb storage. Look into that perhaps. 

@Livenfree I used to have the moto G. But the first one I owned got a green screen and kept resetting repeatedly. I am hoping to try a newer phone. I've had boost almost consecutively since 2009. So I don't want to leave. But with LG not making phones anymore. Idk. I have a lot to mull over. 

2 Messages

My LG Stylo 6 is also doing all this as well as that sensor messing up when I try scrolling and that wants to click on everything and the pool down notifications come to town whenever you scroll or tap and it acts like it's multi tapping like it's something in the touch function that everyone is having problems with. I was told also to get a hold of LG but if they're going out of business making phones then what is the point. I may just cancel and go with a different company. I can't afford to keep buying phones. This one cost me $168!

Boost Care

• 

2.4K Messages

@Amazn1 We understand this is frustrating for you, this is a phone manufacturer issue. This is an issue that is affecting a lot of people that have the phone, not just Boost customers.

1 Message

I have tried everything i I'm also experiencing the same issue with my LG Stylo 6 I've had it less than a year I have 8 payments left on the boost up plan and I'm looking at getting a new phone due to this issue I cannot use the phone effectively I can't even type in one letter on a keyboard without the puck drop down menu blocking you

1 Message

Hace 5 m

The screen keeps malfunctioning. I have to manually restart the phone for the problem to be resolved for awhile. One example is when I try to tap open a thread or anything on my phone anywhere on the screen, the top drop menu will pull down. At times the screen is unresponsive, blinks uncontrollably or clicks something I was no where near clicking. This keeps happening more frequently and LG has not responded to complaints or solutions on the matter. This crappy phone types multiple letters of same when I try to type a text etc, freezes constantly, ( I have to restart the phone often). Purchased from Amazon about a year ago. Definitely would not recommend this LG Stylo 6 "POS" of a phone to anyone. What a disappointment 😥😥😥😥😥.

James M.

Phoenix Arizona 

December 4, 2021

Hace 4 m

I have the same issue with the phone. I just found another thread that said to squeeze the phone together at all sides. I just did it and for now the problem is gone. I don't know how long it will last but for now i can type fast again and not get interrupted by the drag down screen and getting random screens popping up and everytime i press a letter it gets repeated many times and then if i delete it deletes everything again. It's so frustrating... But I'm typing now and nothing is happening out of norm. So fingers crossed..... So remember squeeze the phone together on all sides a couple times and it should stop the issue for now. ( Take off the case though) that's how I did it );Good luck everyone!!! 

Hace 4 m

I had this problem for so long and i finally found a solution. CHANGE OUT THE SCREEN PROTECTOR! The top of the screen on stylo 6 is so sensitive that as the adhesive edges loosen over time and get dust a debris, touching anywhere on the screen promts slight movement at the top where the sensitive drop menu is. Get a new screen protector and clean the phone well before putting it in place. Also note that clearing the cache on some larger apps can help with slow response time on the Stylo 6 as well. I'm not a tech...just a user of the stylo 6 that was fed up with it doing this.

2 Messages

@Evilbutterfly83​ I thought it was my screen protector causing my problems, too, so I changed it out and still had the same issues.  My next fix was to remove the screen protector altogether and use a protective wallet/case.  Unfortunately, this did not help at all.  I am still having the same screen problems.  Some days are better than others, but some days it is so frustrating that I only want to throw this stupid phone in the trash.  

How is your phone now?  Is it still performing well for you?