Walkthedead's profile

Wed, Feb 21, 2018 8:00 AM

Can't receive text messages from other carriers.

Have an LG X Charge. Have not been able to receive texts from carriers other than Boost/Sprint since Monday. Others can receive mine but I can't receive theirs. Can call and use the Internet. Have tried literally everything. Soft and hard resets, troubleshooting, factory data resets., clearing the data and the cache. SIM card is fine so it isn't that either. Have been getting the run-around from customer service and am beyond frustrated.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

3 y ago

Hello @Walkthedead We apologize for the inconvenience. Would you please send us a private message, so we can further assist you?

~JoyP.

7 Messages

3 y ago

How do I do so?

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

3 y ago

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my

username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right

side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.

7 Messages

3 y ago

Sent.

Boost Care

• 

3.2K Messages

3 y ago

We understand. However, we'd like to check the network performance and search for outages that could be causing this issue. Please, send us your address to do some investigating.

Boost Care

• 

1.6K Messages

3 y ago

Good morning, abbier347! Our most sincere apologies for that situation!

Have you ever tried using your LG X Power on the CDMA-only network mode? We'd like to confirm if the same issue occurs when your phone uses a different frequency/bandwidth.

Looking forward to your reply!

Hozuki_Robert

1 Message

3 y ago

I have the same problem, and I have the same phone. Did you ever figure it out?

1 Message

2 y ago

I have been having the same issues. This has happened once before with my x charge, and it's frustrating because I too have reset, updated, erased, cleaned. Was told there were some tower outtage near my home and I was an hour away. Still having issues with text messages. I'm ready to get a phone through another carrier.

Boost Care

• 

2.8K Messages

2 y ago

Hi there, Mijokc. Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry for the inconvenience with the messages. 

Please, send us a private message with your address, phone number and PIN to check the coverage and the account. 

6 Messages

2 y ago

I have this exact same problem. I stopped getting texts for a few days. Powered my phone back on and got a wave of texts. I once again am not getting texts. I took the phone to a boost mobile store and they messed around with it for a while and decided it was fixed when they were able to text from Boost Mobile phones. I have had friends from other carriers including Tracphone and Tmobile and I am not getting any of the texts from them. They report they are getting texts from me. The people at the store told me to text "allow all" to 9999 and that this would supposedly work within 24 hours. It hasn't. I literally just bought this phone from that store a month ago. 

Boost Care

• 

1.1K Messages

2 y ago

Hey there, @ VTV115! That does not sound OK. Since you have already allowed all numbers to text you, we need to help further in troubleshooting the issue. Please send us a private message with your number and PIN so we can look into it.

6 Messages

2 y ago

I was on the phone on hold for 20 minutes and finally got through only to have the call end. (I was not using my cell phone) this is getting really annoying. 

I Pmed you. 

Boost Care

• 

1.1K Messages

2 y ago

Thanks for letting us know. If you have already sent the private message, we will reply it shortly.

Boost Care

• 

1.1K Messages

2 y ago

Can you please try again? You need to click on my username so you can see the option to send a private message.

6 Messages

2 y ago

I have yet to get a reply. 

@jeffc wrote:

Thanks for letting us know. If you have already sent the private message, we will reply it shortly.