Boost Mobile Stole $300 From Me.
After over 2 weeks of phone calls and emails through Boost Mobile's inane customer support system, I have gotten exactly nowhere. On August 7th, I ordered a pre-owned galaxy s8 from boost mobile's own store. It was shipped and I took it to a local store to have it activated and added to my family plan. After an hour and a half of waiting, I was told that they were unable to activate the phone and that they had filed a technical support ticket. They told me to call back in 2 days, and I did. I was then told that they had somehow refurbished the phone incorrectly, and it was still connected to another account. Pain in the ass, but I was fine with sending it back and getting a new one. I talked on the phone with a representative and they gave me all of the information I needed for the RMA, including the RMA number. A couple days later, a box arrived in the mail with postage on it to 2675 Reeves Road, Plainsfield Indiana. I put my phone in the included envelope along with it's charger, just as I was instructed, and sent it off along with the RMA number. It then, of course, seemingly disappeared. No representative I have talked to since has any recollection of my Case or RMA number, and it is seemingly not connected to my account. They continually refer me to Brightstar, who then refer me back to boost. (I should mention that Brightstar customer support is far nicer than boost's) It has been 2 weeks since I sent the phone in, and I have heard nothing of it from anyone I've called. It seems an awful lot like I have been scammed out of my money, and am strongly considering taking my entire family plan to a different provider. Sorry for the long post, but I had to get this out there somehow.