jhamond987's profile

Thu, Oct 4, 2018 5:00 AM

won't unlock phone

Purchased a phone in january of 2018 from the boost store, also signed up for the pay as you go $50 unlimited plan. I was assured there was no contracts and no commitments. So february 12th went to tmobil to switch plan. I called boost a d got my account number (after a battle). Tmobile ported my number and set up my account. When they tried to install the new sim card they received a. Error that the phone was locked. I called boost to have them unlock the phone (battle #2). I was put on hold and then had a bunch of numbers called out and call hung up, I assumed they unlocked the phone. Tmobile again tries the sim, a d same msg. I called boost again and was assured my phone was not locked. Again tmobile tries the sim and it did not work. After being at tmobile for over 3 hours we decided that it may take a few hours for the unlock to happen. February 13th, tries phone and still locked. Went to tmobile again tries phone did not work, associate called apple to see if maybe a phone issue? Apple suggested backing up phone 
But did not work, called boost again and was told hold not help me, rep at tmobile told he could not do anything else until phone was unlocked. Went home and called boost again, was told and I quote, your phone is not locked. Still cluld not get the phone to accept the tmobile sim card so once again I called boost, after having a 5 minute conversation. I was put on hold and passed off to another boost rep, when I was then told the phone was locked, a x I would have to have an account with boost for 12 months before they would unlock my phone. I asked how they could do this and was told read the policy on the website! So there is no commitment, there is no contract, I own the phone, but I need to read the website to see policy? Wrong!!
1. Why wasn't I told about the 12 month issue the first time I called (or the 2nd or 3rd)?
2. Paid for phone, no contract, no commitment how can they lock my phone?
3. I was paid up till 2/16/18 a d they cut me off monday so they owe me a refund!
4. I have been without a phone since monday due to this issue when though I have been paying for service through tmobile, so boost should refund this also. 
The bottom line is I want my phone u locked and boost has no right to hold. Me hostage!!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

2 Messages

6 m ago

This SAME EXACT thing happened to me too!! It's total ********!
NEVER did they tell me until about 5 TIMES AFTER we had to have 12 months service and etc.. which I DID!! I actually had TWO YEARS of service!

Boost Care

• 

2.1K Messages

6 m ago

Hello, AnnaRSmith. To send us a private message, just click on the agent's username ( in this case) and then look for the option that says "Send this user a private message".

2 Messages

6 m ago

I see all the agents on here saying to click on their pictures or names to send a message but I CANT.. HOW do I send a private message so I can unlock my phone! I am Definitely and BEEN qualified to unlock it. I want to be DONE with BOOST. Thanks!!

24 Messages

6 m ago

Talked to a Boost rep again yesterday. Told me they know my service is shown as "fair " meaning no service in parts of the house and lots of dropped calls, but still won't unlock the phone so I could switch to a carrier that provides service to my area. 6 more months of carrying around a paperweight and the battle to unlock begins. 

7 Messages

6 m ago

At this point several "Experts" have asked for private messages and NOBODY has been able to help, they all just waste my time. The last agent just completely ignored me after replying to her useless suggestions.

I even got a call from Boost asking why I gave them a bad rating, I spent several minutes explaining my issue again over the phone to a guy who promised to help... guess what??? NEVER heard from him again (I received the call two days ago.)

What the hell am I supposed to to with a fully paid phone that I most definitely don't want to keep active with Boost mobile? The service is painfully bad, and the phone I paid for was expensive, I need to use it with another company able to provide better service. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 11.28.10 AM.png

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

6 m ago

Hello Ivan_R. We are really sorry to hear this. Please send us a private message to verify your unlock status and assist you.

7 Messages

6 m ago

Case: 

Imei: [Edited for Privacy]

3 Messages

6 m ago

I bought my phone in a private store, and they locked it! No help so far, very bad costumer service

3 Messages

6 m ago

I bought an iphone 7 from Walmart UNLOCKED long time ago. I used boost mobile, even before i had this phone. Today I arrive in south america for work, and wheb i switch SIM card it's showing as Locked. Why does boost lock My phone? Which I did not buy from them? Please help me solve this issue.

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

6 m ago

Hey there @Bigpapiortiz Thank you for contacting us. Boost Mobile will no locked the device, if was originally purchased unlocked. But, if it was purchased specifically to work with Boost Mobile, it could be that you purchase a Boost Mobile. We'd like to review the account. Would you please send us a private message with the phone number and PIN where the device was active?

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message". 

~JoyP.

24 Messages

6 m ago

Don't hold your breath waiting for Boost to help you. My experience leads me to say that they'll be playing hockey in hell before you get a straight answer. Good luck and go strong.

3 Messages

6 m ago

The phone was bought at walmart, because I needed a phone, didnt think of a carrier. Now they are asking for a receipt? Of something I bought back in the day. Because I gave them phone number, pin, and IMEI, so they look for excuses

24 Messages

6 m ago

Get used to it. I was with Sprint then Virgin and got dumped on Boost when Virgin left the US. It's a tale of woe 😩

3 Messages

6 m ago

Yeah...it seems that Boost has absolutely no integrity when it comes to treat customers right. I've been a Boost customer for 4-5 years...until now. I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S9 about two years ago and they won't unlock my phone. It was activated in January 2019, so in about a week or so it has been active for about two years. I'd say it is well beyond the one year requirement.

I called in and requested my phone to be unlocked and they assigned me a case number, but after a few days nothing happened...not even an email or text from them. I called them again and they decided to cancel my first request and start another case number. At this time they claimed that they couldn't find any account information on me and that I was probably under a contract. I informed them that I had been a prepaid customer for 4-5 years and that my phone had been paid off for some time. They still decided to play games with me. 

I didn't think that anyone was as bad as Tracfone, but Boost has proven to be even worse.

I used to encourage people to use Boost because at one time they treated me fairly well, but now I tell everyone how very bad they are toward customers. After the T-Mobile/Sprint merger they fell under the control of Direct TV and the service took a real dive to the point of having hardly any signal. God I hope with all my heart that Boost goes under.

Boost Care

• 

3.9K Messages

6 m ago

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, zmanros63. Let's get that straightened out for you right away! Please send us a private message so we may review your unlock request.

You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.