jhamond987's profile

Thu, Oct 4, 2018 5:00 AM

won't unlock phone

Purchased a phone in january of 2018 from the boost store, also signed up for the pay as you go $50 unlimited plan. I was assured there was no contracts and no commitments. So february 12th went to tmobil to switch plan. I called boost a d got my account number (after a battle). Tmobile ported my number and set up my account. When they tried to install the new sim card they received a. Error that the phone was locked. I called boost to have them unlock the phone (battle #2). I was put on hold and then had a bunch of numbers called out and call hung up, I assumed they unlocked the phone. Tmobile again tries the sim, a d same msg. I called boost again and was assured my phone was not locked. Again tmobile tries the sim and it did not work. After being at tmobile for over 3 hours we decided that it may take a few hours for the unlock to happen. February 13th, tries phone and still locked. Went to tmobile again tries phone did not work, associate called apple to see if maybe a phone issue? Apple suggested backing up phone 
But did not work, called boost again and was told hold not help me, rep at tmobile told he could not do anything else until phone was unlocked. Went home and called boost again, was told and I quote, your phone is not locked. Still cluld not get the phone to accept the tmobile sim card so once again I called boost, after having a 5 minute conversation. I was put on hold and passed off to another boost rep, when I was then told the phone was locked, a x I would have to have an account with boost for 12 months before they would unlock my phone. I asked how they could do this and was told read the policy on the website! So there is no commitment, there is no contract, I own the phone, but I need to read the website to see policy? Wrong!!
1. Why wasn't I told about the 12 month issue the first time I called (or the 2nd or 3rd)?
2. Paid for phone, no contract, no commitment how can they lock my phone?
3. I was paid up till 2/16/18 a d they cut me off monday so they owe me a refund!
4. I have been without a phone since monday due to this issue when though I have been paying for service through tmobile, so boost should refund this also. 
The bottom line is I want my phone u locked and boost has no right to hold. Me hostage!!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

24 Messages

7 m ago

What does the policy say about boost providing even marginal service?

24 Messages

7 m ago

Tried the last 2 days to private message. Won't work

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

7 m ago

We are sorry to know that. Usually, the "send this user a private message" option always works (when available). ~AmyM25

24 Messages

7 m ago

Can we private message thru email

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

7 m ago

No, it is not possible. ~AmyM25

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

7 m ago

We would need to check the coverage in your area. Please send us a private message for further assistance. To send a private message, go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message". Thank you. ~AmyM25

24 Messages

6 m ago

I still contend that if I'm locked to Boosts network, they should have to PROVIDE SERVICE. I live in a rural area, and y the boost coverage map, have poor coverage. Yet, they offer no relief, and piss poor service. AND DON'T CARE.

Boost Care

• 

2.1K Messages

6 m ago

Hello, @Ivan_R. Thank you for stopping by. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please send us a private message to further assist you. We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. 

7 Messages

6 m ago

I have the same problem. I bought the phone on August last year, paid it full this year. Switched to a new phone, and now I'm trying to unlock the old phone. I've called and chatted a million times and the agents always tell me the phone is unlocked, but the phone won't accept any other sim card (yes, I've already checked the phone is compatible with the new carrier.) I've explained the situation a million times and all I get is that they've done what they could, they can't do anything else. 

My phone keep saying it's locked to my carrier and Boos agents assure it's unlocked. So frustrating and outraging. 

24 Messages

6 m ago

Yep, some of the Boost employees have no problem lying. When I got switched to Boost from Virgin, my service dropped waaaaay off. I can't send a text with a pic unless I drive closer to Gainesville, calls drop or don't go thru, just live in an area where Boost service is poor. Their own map confirms it. A rep told my it was because of my old (S7) phone and tricked me into buying a new phone with the promise of better service. When this turned out to be a lie, I asked for my phone to be unlocked so that I could switch to a carrier that provided service in my area. Of course my request was refused. I feel like if Boost locks my phone to their network, there should be a dependable network for me to use. Boost disagrees. Really disappointing.

Boost Care

• 

3.7K Messages

6 m ago

I'm so sorry we let you down, txshort. We're always looking to provide the best experience for our customers. Might you be up for sending me a private message? I'd love to know more about your experience and how we can make it better.

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

6 m ago

You can click on any Boost Mobile agent's profile and choose send this user a private message.

24 Messages

6 m ago

How do I send you a private message?

24 Messages

6 m ago

No matter where I click, I don't get a private message prompt. Any ideas?

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

6 m ago

You may need to scroll down to get the option.