Kaybono's profile

Sun, Jan 28, 2018 1:00 PM

Swapped phones not working

My mom has been using her virgin mobile iPhone 4 for years. I recently gave my mom my old vm iPhone 4s. When I tried to activate it, it said the phone was locked. So I closed the browser to try to figure out if my old phone was ready to use. Then she said she wasn’t able to send texts on the phone she was currently using. When I went back to the website, it showed that the 4s was activated. Yet neither phone is working. How long does it take for the service to switch phones?

Responses

1 Message

3 y ago

I did the same thing and got a message that the service update failed. What do I do now?

Boost Care

• 

190 Messages

3 y ago

Hey there, @imom12! Thanks for being part of our Boost  Mobile Community. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a Private Message with your phone number and PIN, so we can help you.  

Note: For you to send me a Private Message you'll need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

2 Messages

3 y ago

I tried dialing that and I got a message saying activation failed. What do i do?

2 Messages

3 y ago

thanks! Sent you a mesage. Please get back to me ASAP!! 

Boost Care

• 

1.6K Messages

3 y ago

Sorry for the wait, avaclark333! I just replied to your private message!

RB-1991 (Robert)

Boost Care

• 

1.6K Messages

3 y ago

Hey there, avaclark333! We truly apologize for that, and sorry for the late reply!

To better help you, please send us a private message including:

- Your Virgin Mobile phone number.

- Your account's PIN.

- The MEID and the ICC ID from the device you've been trying to set up.

We'll be glad to help you!

RB-1991 (Robert)

1 Message

3 y ago

I'm having the same issue. It says activation could not be completed and that I may need to contact customer service. But, I can't use my phone to call customer service.

Boost Care

• 

2.1K Messages

3 y ago

Hello, @dgooden. Thank you for stopping by. Could you please send us a private message to further assist you? We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. -Kira_M. 

1 Message

3 y ago

Thank you I do need help with these phone I really need to talk to my mother

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

3 y ago

Hi there Coyote1. We are here to help. Please let us know what is the issue you are experiencing. Victor21

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

3 y ago

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, @lclemons.  For the changes to take effect, please turn your old phone off, and follow the next steps on the new phone:

If you have an Android device: 

1. Turn Wi-Fi off and Mobile Data on
     - Settings > Wi-Fi > Off
     - Settings > Data Usage > Mobile Data > On
2. From the dial pad enter ##72786# (press "ok" when prompted. For HTC devices, press MENU>RESET)
3. The cellphone is going to update the Profile and the PRL and reboot automatically. That should take about 3 minutes.

If you have an iPhone device:

1. Tap Phone icon.  
2. Tap Key Pad if necessary.
3. Enter ##873283# then tap Call icon.  
4. When Starting Service Update appears, tap OK.

After that, please go ahead and check your service.

2 Messages

3 y ago

I've tried this many times now, and every time I receive the following error message:

"The profile update could not be completed. Please try again later. 

If the problem persists, you may need to contact Customer Sevice. 

Error: Internal Error (111)"

I cannot call Customer Service because both my new phone is not activated and my old phone is deactivated. I sent an email, and the automatic response indicated that someone would contact be in 24 - 48 hours. Because of the nature of my job, I must be able to be reached by phone. This is beyond frustrating. 

Boost Care

• 

641 Messages

3 y ago

Hi, @lclemons Could you please send me a PM with your phone number, PIN code, and IMEI of the device?

2 Messages

3 y ago

I have already tried that twice. Each time it goes through the process and I receive a notification saying "successfully activated." But then it really isn't. I still cannot make or receive phone calls or texts.

2 Messages

3 y ago

I TRIED DOING THIS AS WELL..SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME