Flatpapaya's profile

Sat, Aug 29, 2020 11:00 AM

"Something went Wrong. Please try again later." when I try to swap my device.

I'm trying to swap my device to an Iphone SE but i keep getting this error.

3.7K Messages

10 m ago

I'm so sorry we let you down, Deftek. We're always looking to provide the best experience for our customers. Might you be up for sending me a private message? I'd love to know more about your experience and how we can make it better.

6 Messages

I'm having the same issue I get the "something went wrong.please try again" when I attempt to swap

2 Messages

Hi there, @Darkdiamonds! We are sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. We'd be happy to help. Please send us a private message to further assist you. 
- Cara M.

6 Messages

There is no option to private message you

6 Messages

If you click on our profile you will see the message option, Reggie.
- Annie M.

27 Messages

10 m ago

Same problem here.  Been trying to get swapped iPhone on network for 2 weeks.

Local dealer says the "nationwide" network sim that came with it is out of stock and obsolete.  He says he must install the "expanded" network card and upgrade to a plan for an additional $360 per year or my $500 iPhone Boost sold me will not work. He says Boost won't unlock it.  Holy bait & switch!

27 Messages

9 m ago

iPhone purchased from Boost still not working after 6 weeks.  Agents have "escalated" problem but no one from Boost will respond.  Dealers say Boost network will no longer work with supplied sim card, ....but if I "upgrade" my account to the "advanced network" for double my current bill they can make it work!

If anyone has successfully gotten their new iPhone to work on their existing account will you please PM me?  Thanks!

1 Message

9 m ago

Thanks for the clarification.

9 m ago

Wish they would say something besides "send us a private message with your number and pin" I need a solution to fix the problem not have someone log in and fix it for me! This is constantly happening "Something went wrong. Please try again later."

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there! We are here to help! What seems to be the issue?

- Ron S.

6 Messages

I was trying to swap to an iPhone 7 but when I do it it says “Something went wrong try again later” when I try 

3.7K Messages

Hi, Reggie McCory! Please send us a private message through Facebook or Twitter to further assist you. - MasielQ.

15 Messages

8 m ago

same issue on iphone 8. please help

3.7K Messages

Hi, jwasen! When you swapped online, did the process completed? - Boost_MasielQ

15 Messages

It verified the imei it was correct. However, with the sim card number it says Firmware Update and it stopped there

3.7K Messages

You see this online, correct? - Boost_MasielQ

15 Messages

I see the following picture

3.7K Messages

Great! Did you click continue? - Boost_MasielQ

2 Messages

8 m ago

i have the same problem with an iphone 6 plus

6 Messages

7 m ago

I'm having the same problem too

6 Messages

7 m ago

I am having the same problem too with the iphone SE

(edited)

1 Message

4 m ago

i am having same issues with switching from iphone 6 to iphone 8

Boost Care

• 

4.5K Messages

Hey there, athomas333! We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue switching your device. We're happy to help. Are you using the SIM card that was included with the new phone?
- EdmundM

1 Message

3 m ago

im also having the same issue with my iphone 8 from boost mobile. expanded network sim

Boost Care

• 

588 Messages

Hello Jesus! We appreciate you reaching out! When swapping phones there are a few factors that can cause issues. 

1. iPhones purchased directly from Apple or replaced by Applecare have to be Re-SKU'd,  so tech support will have to assist you. 

2.Are you on the Boost CDMA or Expanded Data Network? If you are on the CDMA it requires a new SIM card.

3. If the new phone was on another carrier's network previously, it has to be unlocked before it can be used on our network.

4. Verify the IMEI and ICCID (SIM card) in the phone match with the information being entered. Find your IMEI number: iOS: Settings > General > About.

5. In rare cases the SIM card could be bad. You can call 1-866-402-7366, chat with us on boostmobile.com or you can go to a Boost store to get a new card.

If all these things are in order then it would be an issue with the device.

2 Messages

1 m ago

Hello, My Name Is Josh..

I'm having the exact same problem with trying to swap out a Shattered Stylo 5 To A T-Mobile Revvl 4+...Boost Said it was an acceptable device and so does the Website.. The phone has been (Manually) unlocked successfully and I have tried to activate it with the new EN-SIM And Without it, I've tried it Installed in both phones and even with my PC, BUT I get the same IRRITATING ''Something Went Wrong" error message... I guess their System Or Algorithm isn't smart enough to tell what ''WHAT'' went wrong... Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED.. 

13 Messages

@Jaxsdad08 Log in to your account and you'll notice that when you try to swap your device there is a way to chat with a representative. Go that way.