erkster83's profile

Mon, Nov 30, 2020 6:00 AM

Roaming on new iphone

Hello,

I'm a migrated Virgin Mobile customer and my wife and I bought 2 new iPhone SE for the first time after VM migrated to boost.  I used to have great coverage at my home address, but now both phones are constantly roam.  I need a solution, as this is unacceptable. 

Responses

Boost Care

• 

3.5K Messages

5 m ago

Hi there! Definitely wanna look into that for you. Please send us a private message so we may review the status of our network in your area.

You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

1 Message

4 m ago

Ugh yes! I am having the same issue. Just migrated from virgin mobile to boost since i just bought the new iphone se. constantly in roaming no matter what. Ive done all the trouble shooting. Chatted with a boost rep for 2 hours and still unresolved. This is absolutely unacceptable. Its been a week and still roaming. I can call/text no problem it seems but WHY is this happening? Am I racking up “roaming time” and will I be unable to make calls/texts after “50 mins” used up.? I have roaming off and boost selected as the network yet roaming is still shown as the network at the top next to my service bars.

7 Messages

@Amc416

I had the same problem with my new Iphone SE. Try resetting by turning the phone off for 20 seconds then back on.  That worked for me.

7 Messages

3 m ago

Hi, my iPhone SE is roaming constantly as well. I really don't want to have to return it as its such a hassle. I spent 4 hours on the phone with support today and my issue is not resolved, and I still don't know if this will charge me or what. No one could answer. My texts, calls and data works, but it constantly says roaming. I'm at home and I've had boost mobile for years so I know I have service here.

Boost Care

• 

3.3K Messages

3 m ago

Hi, shaylinwillie. We have a 7 days return policy. There's no charge for roaming, we offer prepaid service. It is included in the plan. You can find the details here https://www.boostmobile.com/support/faq/plans-services/domestic-roaming.html.

7 Messages

3 m ago

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I had previously had boost mobile before.

I have done several network settings resets today on the phone with support.

Boost Care

• 

3.3K Messages

3 m ago

Did you make any network changes?

7 Messages

3 m ago

I know that. My phone is saying I am roaming when I am not. 

It flashes between no service, boost, and roaming all while on my couch.  It sometimes says  "Boost Mobile E". I have no idea what the issue is but I'm concerned people won't be able to reach me and I will not know. 

Boost Care

• 

3.3K Messages

3 m ago

Yes, you get 50 minutes of roaming.

7 Messages

3 m ago

The link you provided says you get 50 minutes of "roaming" my phone has been "roaming" for over 24 hours, despite me being at my house. 

7 Messages

3 m ago

Like I said originally, I have had boost for years at this address. I have never had a coverage issue, and it says I have fine coverage on the map on this website. 

There is an issue with my phone or network settings and no one has been able to help me.

Boost Care

• 

3.3K Messages

3 m ago

Please send us a private message with the account phone number and pin code.

7 Messages

3 m ago

For anyone who might read this, after 6 hours on the phone with 5 different people, the answer is allegedly that I need a new SIM card, so boost is sending one. Hopefully it works!

Boost Care

• 

2.6K Messages

We've sent you a private message. We'd like to have a look. 
- jalopez81

7 Messages

1 m ago

After several days of trying different solutions, I finally used the old reliable reset.  Turn the phone off for 20 seconds and then restart.  Worked like a charm.

7 Messages

1 m ago

I will say that the Boost customer service was no help.  Twice I was on a chat for two hours with no progress on the problem at all.