MusicMan_JP's profile

Thu, Jan 14, 2021 3:00 PM

Replacing the SIM card in an iPhone 8

I dropped my iPhone 8 and cracked the face. I purchased a refurbished iPhone 8 on ebay.  It didn't come with a SIM card and the one in my old iPhone 8 won't work...HELP!!    What do I need to do???

Accepted Solution

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

1 y ago

HI there MusicMan_JP. So sorry to hear about your phone. The old sim card will not work on another phone. Not all unlocked phones are compatible with Boost mobile. Please visit www.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone/ and enter your Device ID to check if your phone is compatible with Boost mobile. If so, it will allow you to purchase a compatible sim card for it.-

5 Messages

1 y ago

Can I purchase the online SIM activation kit and still keep my old phone number?

5 Messages

1 y ago

(my phone IS a boost mobile phone)

3.6K Messages

1 y ago

Hey there @MusicMan_JP Are you switching from another carrier? Yes, you can purchase the SIM Kit as long as the device is compatible with our service.

~JoyP.

5 Messages

1 y ago

I would like to keep my same phone number...

5 Messages

1 y ago

No, I'm not switching. I was a Virgin Mobile customer, who was automatically switched to Boost when they acquired Virgin.  Idropped my iphone * and cracked it.  I bought a refurbished Boost Mobile iPhone 8 on ebay, but it didn't come with a SIM card.  

3.6K Messages

1 y ago

Thank you. Yes, this should work properly. 

~JoyP.