Chrys's profile

Sat, Dec 15, 2018 4:00 PM

No service on my phone since I switched to boost mobike

I used my phone for Verizon and cricket,had no issues. But I soon as I switched to BOOST **bleep**ING MOBILE,all hell broke loose.
No service,after paying $85 and still have nothing after 3 weeks.
Contacted and pretty much spoke to all boost representatives ,but it same ol BULL**bleep**,dial a code,rest this or that and even transferee me to apple tech support.
I think I’m at the point of giving up now,cos I’ve waited patiently.
I mean why can’t one get service he paid for,and not everyone wants to use one of their android phone, excuse me?,I’m sticking to my iPhone.
I think BOOST MOBIKE is just a RIDICULOUS HOPLESS COMPANY,that doesn’t give a **bleep** about service.
I tried hanging in there with them,but right now I don’t give a **bleep** about BOOST **bleep**ING MOBILE.
Reset this reset that,dial this code and that,turn off and on,...Shut!,I just want my service I paid for.
That isn’t too much to ask, **bleep**ED UP MOBILE COMPANY.**bleep**ING HOPLESS NETWORK.

Responses

7 Messages

2 years ago

Worse part,they never call back when they say they will

7 Messages

2 years ago

How can I accept a solution when I still don’t have service.
It’s been I’ve 3weeks now, it’s Christmas and one can’t even make calls to his loved ones after switching and paying $85 this December, this month it’s almost over and still no service.
This is absolute ludicrous, I can’t just stand Boost Mobile