IPhone IMEI number not valid
I am having a similiar issue to the user in this post.
I recieved my sim card, installed it and when I go to activate it I get the error message "Let’s try that again. Please re-enter your device IMEI." as if the IMEI is invalid. For some reason, when the error pops up, the web page also strips off the last digit (which is a 1) making the number 14 instead of 15 digits. I have tried it without the 1, and I've double and triple checked that this is the correct number and did it multiple times throughout the day.
A few pieces of context:
1) The iphone is a unlocked Iphone 6 I recieved through my job.
2) I am not (and never have been) a virgin customer.
3) I did confirm that my phone was compatible with the BYOP program before ordering my SIM card.
4) The previous SIM card was verizon, so I assume it was purchased through them.
5) I do not have a virgin mobile cell # or pin code, I was assuming I would get those during activation?
Here's what the error looks like.