danjomulh's profile

Sun, Oct 25, 2020 9:00 PM

Firmware Update Required for BYO

Hey there.

I'm doing a BYO on my existing account and am trying to get my unlocked iPhone 7 up and running.  Can't seem to swap the device.  It passed all the website checks, got the expanded network sim card put in, updated to latest IOS... and it keeps saying "Firmware Update Required" when I try to move on.  Everything is as up to date as I can tell.  Any advice?

Daniel

Responses

Boost Care

• 

1.7K Messages

6 m ago

Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response. Support is available from 6 am - 10 pm CST Monday - Friday, and from 6 am - 9 pm CST on weekends.

Please insert the SIM card on the iPhone, turn it off and on and then connect it to WiFi and try to update the device firmware. The phone should complete the update and will let you continue with the swap process. Keep us updated with the results.

3 Messages

6 m ago

No worries on the response time.  🙂  I work wonky hours so it's no biggie to me.

I inserted the new SIM, turned it off and on, reset the device about three times, and the IOS software (is this the same thing as firmware?) is already at the current release of 14.1.  I've even tried to wipe remotely and start fresh, and no dice.  It tells me in the upper left hand corner I'm with Boost Mobile, but I just can't add the device to my account because it wants a firmware update.  I don't currently have an iCloud attached to the phone.  I've set nothing up on it.  Am I missing something in the settings?

Thanks!

Boost Care

• 

3K Messages

6 m ago

@danjomulh Does the system give you an option to press Yes, OK, or Continue to pass that step and complete the phone swap? In case it doesn't, please send us a private message with your phone number, PIN, the IMEI of the phone, and the numbers on the SIM card. To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, on the next screen, click "send this user a private message".

Boost Care

• 

2K Messages

Thank you for the information. the swap is complete. You can go ahead and turn the phone on. 
- Kira_M

Boost Care

• 

2K Messages

Please turn the phone on and let us know if is working properly. 
- Kira_M

Boost Care

• 

2K Messages

Understood. Is there anything else we can help you with today? 
- Kira_M

3 Messages

5 m ago

I suggest starting a thread of your own, and one of their Techs should get back to you.  Ultimately, I wasn't able to get it to work on my own.  They had to change my type of plan on their side (think it's unlimited talk and text and 10GB data for $35/mo)... which was odd because that's what I thought I had, but they ultimately got me up and running without me having to pay anything extra.  I wish you luck.

1 Message

5 m ago

Are you still available to solve this issue ? I’ve been trying to find a solution this is exact same problem and I’ve been receiving no responses. This is getting incredibly frustrating. I’ve been a boost customer for years and I’ve never been asked for a firmware update. Please let me know how to swap my phone

Boost Care

• 

1.7K Messages

5 m ago

Hi. Thanks for contacting us. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, please click on any of the social care agent's user names and select the option, send this user a private message. 

1 Message

4 m ago

I'm having the same exact problem. I put in a new sim card, updated to the last version iPhone 11, and it keeps telling me I have to update the firmware. This is really frustrating. 

Boost Care

• 

3.5K Messages

4 m ago

I'm so sorry we let you down, choimiah. We're always looking to provide the best experience for our customers. Might you be up for sending me a private message? I'd love to know more about your experience and how we can make it better.

1 Message

4 m ago

Im having this issue as well. Just got this phone and idk what to do

Boost Care

• 

3.3K Messages

3 m ago

Hi there Roxy1997. Thank you for contacting us. Device you swapped your phone?

Boost Care

• 

3.3K Messages

3 m ago

Please send us a private message with the full details

5 Messages

3 m ago

I keep getting a message saying Firmware Update Required I updated my device already what should I do

5 Messages

3 m ago

Just got device today

Boost Care

• 

3.3K Messages

3 m ago

Please send us a private message with the full details. victor21

5 Messages

3 m ago

I did