justneedhelp's profile

Wed, Aug 19, 2020 4:00 PM

activation

so i’m trying to activate my new iphone 8 plus but once i’m done putting in all the information a post saying “firmware update required” is shown what does it mean?

Responses

Boost Care

• 

3.5K Messages

1 y ago

Hi there, lesliem23! Please connect the phone to a WiFi network, and check for software updates.  

3 Messages

1 y ago

yes my phone is connected to a wifi network and it’s software is also updated but it’s still says the same thing

3 Messages

1 y ago

okay thank you

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

1 y ago

Hi there lesliem23.  Confirm the firmware update to continue. victor21

2 Messages

1 y ago

It says a firmware update is required but i don’t know how to update it. If it’s the software update it’s up to date but otherwise I don’t know.

Boost Care

• 

2.9K Messages

1 y ago

Hello, Vp070978! Please insert the SIM card, connect the phone to Wi-Fi, go to device Settings and check for System Updates or Software Updates.

Hope this helps.

2 Messages

1 y ago

It’s on the latest software I updated it before I tried to activate it.

Boost Care

• 

3.2K Messages

1 y ago

@Vp070978 Are you seeing the Firmware update message in the notification bar? If yes, what happens if you click on it?

1 Message

10 m ago

I tried this as well and after I press continue after I updated my new phone it keeps saying something went wrong. Idk what else to do. 

Boost Care

• 

2.9K Messages

10 m ago

Hello, cynthiae26. I'm sorry to hear about this issue. Please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to assist you. 

To send a private message you simply go to one of our agents profile who you want to send a message to and hit the "send this user a private message" button. It's under their contact section on the right side of their profile, right next to their badges.

3 Messages

9 m ago

I am currently having the same issue. Did you ever figure it out if so how? 

Boost Care

• 

2.8K Messages

9 m ago

Understood. We remain at your service. 

Boost Care

• 

2.8K Messages

9 m ago

Hi there, djanet_15. Thanks for contacting us.

In that case you have to make sure that the phone is up-to-date. Do you have Android or iPhone?

3 Messages

9 m ago

I have an iphone and am currently updating software