BhattaraiK's profile
Community Admin

Community Admin

• 

13 Messages

Tue, Jun 1, 2021 5:38 PM

SOLUTION: EBBP

What is the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program?

The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that partners with wireless carriers, like Boost Mobile, to provide a temporary discount on a monthly broadband plan or a smartphone plan for qualifying low-income households. Eligible households can receive:

• Free monthly 35GB data 4G LTE phone plan with Unlimited talk and text on a smartphone.
  • Free monthly 35GB high-speed Broadband with a one-time purchase of a mobile hotspot for $24.99.
  • Customers will be subject to Boost Mobile’s regular rates, terms, and conditions when the program ends.

Who is eligible for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program?

A household is eligible if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:

• Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline;
  • Approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year;
  • Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
  • Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or: Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's existing low-income or COVID-19 program.

How do I remain eligible for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program and continue receiving free internet service?

You must remain an "active" user by showing usage every calendar month. If no usage occurs within 30 calendar days, you will receive a text message from Boost Mobile and you will be scheduled for a future-dated price plan change on your next monthly billing cycle.

• If usage occurs after you receive the text message from us but before your plan change on your next monthly billing cycle, the plan change will no longer occur and you can continue enjoying the EBB program benefits.
  • If still no usage, you will be moved to a comparable paid-version of the plan and will be in a temporary barred-status until the account payment is made; or, you have the option to call Boost Mobile Care and request to be restored to the original EBB plan without account payment.
  • If your account remains in a barred status for 90 days, your account will be de-activated.

How many people per household can enroll in the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program?

Only one member per household can receive the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program. Applicants will need to go through an eligibility check before activating. You can access the application here: www.boostmobile.com/ebbp

How many household members can use the free Broadband service?

The hotspot allows for up to 10 devices to be connected simultaneously and is particularly beneficial for home use or for families in which multiple members need Internet access.

How will I know if I’m enrolled?

For new customers, once your application is approved, you will be issued a unique code to track your enrollment status. A text message from Boost Mobile will be sent to you with your enrollment number and instructions on next steps.

For existing customers, once your application is approved, you will be issued an ePIN which you will use to switch to a $50 monthly plan at no cost to you. A text message from Boost Mobile will be sent to you with your ePIN and next steps.

What devices are eligible for the free phone plan?

For new customers, you can check to see if your phone is compatible here: https://www.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone.html

For existing customers, you can log in to My Account > My Device > View Coverage Map.  The map displayed will either be on the Expanded Data Network or on the Boost Mobile legacy Nationwide Network, depending on your device. Your device must be on the Expanded Data Network to be eligible.

You can purchase a device from the Boost Mobile website www.boostmobile.com or visit your local retail location.

Can I add more data to my free 35GB phone plan?

Customers can purchase up to two Data Packs a month to add data to their plan. Plans on the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program cannot be restarted; a Data Pack must be purchased. To add a Data Pack, log in to My Account > Dashboard > Manage Add-On.

What devices are eligible for the free Broadband service?

Eligible customers can purchase an Alcatel Linkzone device for a one-time cost of $24.99 (a discount from $49.99) by visiting the Boost Mobile website or your local Boost Mobile retail location.

• Customers who activate an eligible plan on a new Alcaltel Linkzone 2 device will receive a one-time $25 digital “bonus” gift card after 5 consecutive months of usage. You will receive a text message from Boost Mobile with a link on next steps.

If I move, or my financial status changes, do I have to re-apply for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program?

Yes. You must re-apply or you will be removed from the Program.

How long is the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program available?

The program will end when government funding for the EBB Program ends, or six months after the Department of Health and Human Services declares an end to the COVID-19 health emergency, whichever is sooner. Boost Mobile will notify customers of any changes to the Program.

What happens to my service when the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program ends?

Upon conclusion of the government-funded Emergency Broadband Benefit Program, you will be moved to a comparable Boost Mobile plan with regular rates, terms and conditions. Boost Mobile will notify customers of any changes to the Program.

2 Messages

3 m ago

I am on the correct map, followed all the correct steps, and talked with 12 different representatives, all of whom have told me that I will be receiving this benefit. Yet, I haven't for the past 2 billing cycles, and I am STILL waiting. This is just a liability C.Y.A. post because you all know you're having problems... or worse... you're cheating people.

9 Messages

@sandyrobert1 I've done the same exact thing, and probably called and spoke to close to 20 reps. Here's what you have to do- visit the store, and you may have to reapply for the EBB benefit via Boost Emerios. (they handle this in the store, DO NOT waste your time calling Boost) I had to reapply 3 times, and I finally got it. (it was "pending" on the Boost Emerios site for 5 weeks, but they messed something up on their end, (about 5 calls to Lifeline to figure that one out) It was going into the store, and having the clerk reapply me that got me in. It worked for one month, and then dropped me. I was back at square one, and found out that I may have been dropped because my device was on the old "nationwide network", and not the new "expanded network" that's been implemented since T-mobile took over Boost. (EBB is only eligible if you're on the new network, sucks, I know, but that's a vital piece of information I learned from tech support during this whole process) I had to get a new device, and expanded network card, and things FINALLY worked. However, I had to go into the store, and the store manager had to reapply me, and it finally worked. I'm currently on month 2 with EBB, and we'll see if it works, or if they drop me when my renewal dates rolls around. (however, the store manager told me to come back if it doesn't work) But let me know if this helps, I feel like I'm the most knowledgeable person on this EBB nonsense, and hope I can help other people just like me.

(edited)

2 Messages

3 m ago

I'm on the EBB program and my account says a balance of $0 is due by midnight....do I have to do anything or will the program just go on so I don't wake up with no service?

9 Messages

@jhenson Hi, did renewal on EBB end up working for you or did you end up getting dropped? I was on EBB for one month, and when my renewal date rolled around, I got dropped. (my Dashboard didn't say I was on the EBB program, so there was something not right about that first month)

However, I went into the store and got it all sorted out. Now, my Dashboard says I'm on the EBB, and $0 is due. I signed up for auto-reboost, (which meant adding my credit card) but I did it just to be safe. But I'll find out after Oct. 1st if it drops me or not.

**Update 10/4** The EBB service successfully autorenewed without any problems. I'm guessing it's because of finally having an "Expanded Network" device.

(edited)

2 m ago

Also having problems getting our next month of service paid for after enrolling and getting our first month. I have called a texted and get no help. No service on the phone since July 23. Help boost!

9 Messages

@poodlefamily2015 I had the same exact problem, I had one month of service, then I got dropped. I suspect either the girl at the store inputted things incorrectly, or it's because I had a "Nationwide network" device and not an "Expanded network" device & sim card. (btw- the EBB program is only designed for "expanded network" devices. Sucks I know, but that's one crucial piece of info I learned from my 20-some calls to Boost, several were spent trying to set back up my old device on EBB with no luck)

I came in to the store, and they finally activated my new device. Things worked out, however I had to reapply 3 times in total. (so when you first apply, and receive 2 emails from Boost/Emerios and Lifeline?) You have to go through that process again, and have them delete the previous application. Lifeline is not going to be able to help, all they'd be able to tell you is the status of your application. (which, if you have several, or an expired one, they can delete them) But the rest of these things are determined at the store, DO NOT waste your time like I did calling Boost. You have to go into the store, and reapply.

Hope this helps.

1 Message

2 m ago

Having the same trouble . First month of ebb paid for the second month begins 8/2/21 no service :(🙄. Talked to 3 customer service reps. One told me they didn't offer ebb program lol. And the last said they didn't offer a phone plan and told me i was making it up that it was on their website. After putting me on hold so she could check the line was disconnected. What kind of service is this ????????

9 Messages

@T_Slice I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I feel like I can help since I've been through the same process, and have become pretty knowledgeable on the subject of EBB.

Check out some of my replies to the previous comments, but I'll try and keep this quick lol

I had one month of service, and then dropped. I learned through 20 plus calls to Boost/Lifeline that EBB only works on "Expanded network" devices, (T-mobile network) and not "Nationwide network" devices like mine. So I had to buy a used Metro PCS device and expanded network sim specifically for Boost Mobile. (Metro is T-Mobile compatible) I went into the store, and they were able to activate it. However, I had to reapply, which meant the store clerk delete my previous application, and then we got the 2 emails from Boost/Emerios and Lifeline with a Reboost card number (NOT an E-pin, like some people have thought it to be)

So after all that, I'm on the second month of EBB service. And unlike the first month, my Boost Dashboard actually reflects it on my plan. (it says $0 EBB plan, and that $0 is due on the first) I'm not totally sure it'll renew, so I inputted my credit card info, and signed up for Auto-reboost just in case. But I'll find out 10/1 if it carries over. The store manager who helped me get signed up said come back if it doesn't work)

Let me know if this helps! And if there's any other questions you might be having.

1 Message

2 m ago

Yup no service the second month. Said I didn't switch to some 0$ plan and my phone isn't compatible. Right up above it says to select the 50$ plan. I did that- I was never instructed to change anything else and never got a text with an epin. I was sent a reboost card number and told to apply it to my plan. I think they are just scamming us. Because I had to call and fight for my 50$ plan in the first place they did my automatic 35$ plan even though I selected "restart plan now" told me I would have to wait until the next moth and then hung up on me too! I kept calling back they kept telling me they couldn't change it i kept calling and then poof it was changed. So frustrating dealing with this shitty company I think its time to switch to T-Mobile!

9 Messages

@Jenna66 Yup, I've had the SAME EXACT problem. But spoiler alert- Boost is now owned by T-Mobile.

But don't worry, I'll help you the best I can!!!

Okay, so that whole "Your phone isn't compatible" is correct. Through my 20 plus calls to Boost/Lifeline, (including more dropped calls on-hold than I can even count) I learned for a fact EBB is setup only to work with the new "Expanded Network" devices, which is the T-Mobile network. (sucks that they're sticking it to us like that, but that's the game they're playing, and they WILL NOT budge) The device I initially signed up for EBB with was a "Nationwide network" device (old Sprint network) The new one is the T-Mobile network, and the Sprint network is what T-mobile is shutting down)

So after one month's service, I got dropped. The store manager told me I need a T-Mobile device, so I got a cheap, used MetroPCS (T-Mobile friendly) device and an expanded sim card specifically for Boost mobile. I went in, and it was successful activated. However, what had to happen is the store manager had to delete my previous EBB application, and start from scratch. (I did this a total of 3 times) But that's what sends you 2 confirmation emails from both Lifeline and Boost/Emerios.

I was told numerous times, even from the store manager that I'd get an "E-pin". I can tell you THERE IS NO E-PIN. That Reboost card number is the only thing they'll send you, and it's included in that confirmation email. And this is correct, it's just a miscommunication on Boost's end. But I believe that those of us who signed up with a "Nationwide network" device were dealt the problem of getting dropped when using it for that first month.

When I went in that last time and got the "Expanded Network" device setup, she said some additional piece of account information was there that hadn't been before, and she seemed much more confident in setup. Even now when I check my Boost Dashboard, it reads $0 EBB plan, and that $0 is due 10/1. (the date isn't specific, I just happen to set mine up on the 1st of the month)

The reason I mention this is because when I first got approved for EBB, the Dashboard said nothing about EBB, and still showed that I owed $50 when my renewal date rolled around. (I got dropped instead. I even went into the store prior to my renewal, and asked if EBB would renew on it's own, and the newbie girl there had no fuckin' clue)

So I hope this helps, let me know if there's any other questions you have, or problems that have come about. I know it sucks to have to invest in a new device. (I'm applying for free phone service because I can't afford it, but it defeats the purpose if I have to buy a new device. STUPID!)

5 Messages

2 m ago

Como libero mi celular si no se mi pin y ya no tengo vobertura

Boost Care

• 

64 Messages

Buenos días Alex. Estaremos encantados de ayudarle con esto hoy. Para que un teléfono se desbloquee, debe cumplir con nuestros requisitos de desbloqueo. Adjuntaré un enlace con esos requisitos. Si se cumplen esos requisitos, puede llamar a nuestra línea de servicio al cliente al 1-866-402-7366 y ellos estarán encantados de ayudarle.
-Marcos G
https://espanol.boostmobile.com/support/faq/phones-devices/unlocking-policy.html?id16=unlock

5 Messages

Como marco de telcel por que medice qu es incorrecto el numero

62 Messages

1 m ago

is this still going on? 

2 Messages

@BoostMobile100

it is for me 

9 Messages

Yes, it will be until six months after the Pandemic is no longer considered an emergency. Then again, it all depends on your situation. So if you're unemployed, on Medicaid, etc. But I will spare you the nightmare that EBB is to deal with-

GO INTO THE STORE. Do NOT waste your time calling Boost, or especially Lifeline. After 20 plus calls, I have become extremely knowledgeable on this specific subject, and can tell you they have NO FUCKING CLUE what they're doing. The store is the only place that is going to adequately help you.

2 Messages

1 m ago

it is for me 

4 Messages

14 d ago

I was approved and signed up for EBBP program since 2 weeks. Boost mobile has been unable to connect me to their network with working phone since nearly two weeks. I have called the Service several times, none of them have been able to help me - connect my Boost Mobile Phone and SIM card to make call or go ton the internet. Not even even the store that signed me up and gave me a non working phone which was exchanged. What can I do next?  I NEED HELP.  Email: xplan@outlook.com

9 Messages

@ostaxdesign What kind of phone do you have? EBB will only work on the "Expanded Network", or in other words, t-mobile compatible phones. (I had a choice to either buy a new one, or get a used MetroPCS phone and Boost Expanded Network sim card)

Were you already a Boost customer, or were you with another network entirely? I'm pretty sure this is a compatibility issue. Let me know what device you currently have, what network you were on, what phone they sold you, etc. and I'll be able to help you further...

Boost Care

• 

536 Messages

Hello! We have marked this conversation private because phone numbers have been posted. We want to protect your information. We will take a look at the account to see what could be going on.

Boost Care

• 

536 Messages

Looking over the account we can't find any reason why it wouldn't be working. Calling 1-833-502-6678 to have the case escalated is going to be the best resolution.

4 Messages

Thanks for you help.

I don't know if you read my explanation. I said I have had the issue escalated so many times to all levels possible. They will run the same troubleshooting protocol, then after some exhaustion will tell me they'll resolve it in 24hrs,  then 48hrs then 72 hours. Then I don't hear from them again aft that periods have passed: no response, no resolution, not even courtesy call to say, they are still working on it.

I am about broadcast on all of social media and ask people to avoid falling into this kind of attitudes - it is simply not worthy of a US service provider.   I am grateful to you for even responding and making some effort.

4 Messages

Here's the last escalation Ref. #: I214 835 7674.  Couple of days ago.

There was another one last 12 days ago, still no report, no resolution, no response from any of them.

11 d ago

Every time I try to sign up it only offers the internet not the phone package I need help and no one is giving me any answers

9 Messages

@Ezrafinesse90 

Well a few questions, where are you signing up exactly? What device do you currently have, and are you a current Boost customer?

EBBP is an umbrella term, the program wording says it like it covers broadband internet ONLY, and this has led to some confusion. (the gen. manager thought this when I first came in to the store, and kept treating me like an idiot, and like I didn't know what I was talking about, since he was convinced it applied only to Comcast or Xfinity type of home internet services)

So it's not just the internet, it should cover your whole month's service; talk, text, and data included. (so long as your phone is your internet, then EBB should cover it)

Let me know, I've been trying to answer questions on here, but no one replies. It's like they just give up after expressing one concern. lol

6 Messages

7 d ago

Is this still going on?.

Boost Care

• 

74 Messages

Hi there,Roman! Thank you for reaching out to us today. The Emergency Broadband Benefit  program is still running, here is the link to our page that has more information on the program https://www.boostmobile.com/plans/ebbp.html?id16=ebb. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any more questions.

Cindy A.