BhattaraiK's profile
Community Admin

Community Admin

• 

13 Messages

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 5:31 PM

Question: How can I find my Boost account number?

Q: I need my Boost account number. How do I get it?

A: Your account number is not listed online. To obtain it, you can contact a Boost care agent by calling 833-502-6678 or chatting in on www.boostmobile.com.

Q: What information do I need to provide to the Boost care agent?

A: You will need to provide your 4-digit Account PIN, and have your Boost phone accessible to receive your Boost account number.

Q: Why do I have to do this?

A:  Boost cares about your security and uses an account verification process to confirm your identity.

1 Message

5 m ago

Bs Phone Company. The nerves of this Company right here is Ridiculous very unhappy customer service representative that do nothing but fake apologize sorry about everything, but can't make it right with the ppl that pay the bills??? Very unprofessional!!!!!! Boost Mobile is a complete Joke!!!! 

5 m ago

Lies that is not all the information they need when they tell you they're going to call that number and you explain to them that your phone has been smashed and you cannot answer a call on that phone number they'll tell you that you need to go to the store when you say hey I can provide you with every single piece of information that you'll need right down to me with a picture of me holding my ID they'll tell you you still need to visit a store which in turn makes it that much more time consuming that much more difficult and they already know why we need our account number so they're going to make it as difficult as possible to get it to us which in turn is the very same reason why they leave so many customers I can't wait to not be a boost customer best on ya mate😏

3 Messages

3 m ago

Biu&

2 Messages

2 m ago

Yes, I am thinking of changing services (and keeping my number), but I can't get an account number to do so.  I keep being referred to Customer Care, but none of the menu items have anything to do with finding an account number.

2 Messages

2 m ago

All I want is my account number. but since I keep getting sent to the dead end Customer Care, I am pretty sure I want to change my carrier.

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @Stella2967! We can understand this has been frustrating for you. The only way to get your account number is by calling customer care. 

7 Messages

@Stella2967 

Boost Mobile – Call Boost to get your account number. It is NOT listed on your online account. Call Boost at 1-888-266-7848 to get your 9-digit account number. To reach a live person, wait for the opening message to go to English. When prompted, enter your Boost phone number. Press option “4” when the system says “Technical Issues, press 4.” Next, listen to all of the 7 or so menu options. At the end of the all these menu options, wait 10 seconds, and you will be prompted to chat with a Boost Customer Care Representative by pressing “0” (zero).” When prompted, enter your 4-digit Boost PIN number. Then, wait to be transferred to a Boost Representative. Ask the account representative to give your the account number “for your personal record”. Your passcode is your 4-digit PIN with Boost, the same PIN that you login with.

An alternate way to get through to Boost Mobile customer care as suggested by a helpful user is:
“Once you are in English and enter your number press zero about 10 to 15 times steadily until you hear the automated person saying I am getting you a representative.”

7 Messages

2 m ago

Boost Mobile – Call Boost to get your account number. It is NOT listed on your online account. Call Boost at 1-888-266-7848 to get your 9-digit account number. To reach a live person, wait for the opening message to go to English. When prompted, enter your Boost phone number. Press option “4” when the system says “Technical Issues, press 4.” Next, listen to all of the 7 or so menu options. At the end of the all these menu options, wait 10 seconds, and you will be prompted to chat with a Boost Customer Care Representative by pressing “0” (zero).” When prompted, enter your 4-digit Boost PIN number. Then, wait to be transferred to a Boost Representative. Ask the account representative to give your the account number “for your personal record”. Your passcode is your 4-digit PIN with Boost, the same PIN that you login with.

An alternate way to get through to Boost Mobile customer care as suggested by a helpful user is:
“Once you are in English and enter your number press zero about 10 to 15 times steadily until you hear the automated person saying I am getting you a representative.”

6 Messages

2 m ago

There is no option at that phone # to obtain my account number or to talk to an agent.  There is no chat option on boostmobile.com.  How else can I get my account?

7 Messages

@kimberlyd i actually just got my account number and switched to Mint Mobile.

i signed into my boost account from the app and started a online chat with a representative asking for my account number for my personal records.

the representative said i would need to provide my most contacted number or the amount i paid last month, i provided both answers.

The last thing was for the rep to call me on my phone with current number, the rep called me and gave me my account number and i made the switch that day.

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

@kimberlyd The only way to get your account number is by calling in or chatting. If you don't see a chat option try using a different web browser. You can also access chat support from the My Boost App. Once logged into the app you will see an option at the bottom right for Support, there you will see option to chat with agent.

6 Messages

I finally got through to a representative that said that they had to call my cell # and I had to answer before she could give me my account #.  When the call came through to my cell, it was rejected by my spam app.  When I told the rep, she just said that she couldn't give it to me unless I answered and then hung up.  I had to set the number as 'not spam' and then go through all the convoluted process to get to a live person again.  This time the call went through and I finally got my account #.  Buyer beware.

2 Messages

1 m ago

I am about to go through the agony you described above. I am preparing to activate a different carrier's service using my Boost Mobile phone, a Moto G7 Play (which is a strong contender for WORST CELL PHONE EVER DESIGNED, PRODUCED AND SOLD, but that's Motorola's fault). I have already gone through the unlock process with a Boost Mobile customer care rep, and he assured me the unlocking process would be completed within two business days - that was three business days ago. However, he also said I would receive an email following our phone conversation - that email would include my "case number" confirmation regarding the unlock process. I never did receive that email, so I am not fully convinced my phone is unlocked at this moment even though I have allowed for an extra day for Boost to get around to accomplishing something.

Regardless, I now see that I need to include my Boost Account Number prior to installing the new SIM card. I didn't realize I would have to speak to a customer care rep just to get information about me that belongs to me - my account number. I realize after reading from multiple sources that there is no other way to obtain my account number. For some reason, this account number - which I have NEVER needed or been asked for going back to 2011, my first year with Boost - is treated by Boost as if it contains classified National Security secrets as well as the location of the Holy Grail, the location of Jimmy Hoffa's body and information as to who actually killed John F. Kennedy, Jesus Christ and J.R. Ewing. It's an account number - big deal. Only a big deal now because for the first and only time in 10 years, I need said account number in order to switch my phone to another carrier and end the misery that has been increasingly prevalent in my experience as a Boost Mobile customer.

Boost  has now reached a new level (or depth, more accurately) of inept, indifferent, inconceivable, incomprehensible and indefensible customer service. Only Xfinity (present day) and Cricket (the first decade of this century) are at the level/depth of Boost, with all 3 companies now contending to see which one actually deserves the title of  THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IMAGINABLE. 

Thanks, Boost, for training me and getting me used to dealing with people who actually make a concerted, focused effort to deny me any solutions to any of the myriad of problems and issues I have had with my phone (non)service over the past 4 years (up until roughly 2017, I rarely had problems with my Boost service, and the few times when I had issues  Boost Customer Service was consistently EXCELLENT).

I could write more and provide specific examples and details, but I have to go now. It's time for me to put bamboo splinters under my fingernails, slice my arm open with a dull, rusty razor blade and pour salt into the resulting wound, then I am going to go slide under a gas truck and taste my own blood. I do these things prior to contacting Boost Customer Service because all of those things combined - while unpleasant, to put it mildly - are enjoyable experiences compared to experiencing the unspeakable horror of Boost Customer Service.

Good Day.

(edited)

1 Message

25 d ago

None of this works I've tried every number and chats pure b.s.

166 Messages

18 d ago

If you're not sure how to get your account number, do what I did. Go to the Boostmobile.com website. I had to go through a slew of menues to pick from. The phone number to call is listed.

After I told the guy my phone number and pin number they started another menu of number options to reach the "right representative"

At that point I got aggravated and pressed zero about 10 times? At that point I got a recorded message that I would need to speak to a representative. "Wait time is 30 seconds" the message said.

Finally a lady went through the whole process again. Wanted to know my name, phone number and pin "what number do you call often" or "what was the amount of your last payment"

I call a lot of people often so I gave her my payment amount. She said "ok I'm going to call you at your phone number"

"Do you have a pen and paper?"

I said yes and she said "I'm going to call your phone and signed off.

It just so happened that a spammer called and Boost didn't go through because the spammer called my voicemail and I missed Boost's call.

I was so peeved because I had to do it all over again!

She happened to still be on the line and asked me if I was ready because she was going to call me again. She said "Thank you for calling Boostmobile "do you have any other issues?" "No" I said. I hung up as instructed and within 3 or 4 seconds my phone rang and it was her.

Then she gave me my 9 digit account number and we hung up.

She was very hard to understand. Her English was terrible and she had a very thick Asian accent. Finally I got my account number. But what a pain that was. She was very pleasant though. Glad it's over.

1 Message

15 d ago

I'm filing a claim against Boost with the New York Attorney General for bad business practices for not making account numbers readily available.

166 Messages

@SeedSneeder​ I appreciate what you’re wanting to do but as being a member of the legal world I can tell you that filing a claim against Boost Mobile is a lost cause. You will not prevail. Boost mobile has at its disposal a big law firm to handle what they assume is a petty case.

your claim is basically based on your inability to get your account number.

Their process of how to get your account number is not anything against you but it is designed to make sure you are who you say you are and they must have your phone number to call you at.

they ask you only 2 questions 1- what was the amount of the last payment you made? 2- witch number have you called most often? I repeated my last payment amount as I call a lot of people often.

She then asked me if I had a pen and paper. I said yes . At that point she stated that she will call me back immediately after I hung up. I answered the phone and she gave me my 9 digit account number.

it’s a pain in the butt but I don’t want my account number given to me in this unsecured platform where anyone could see it. Especially hackers. 

I'm glad I have to jump through hoops to get my account number as they are protecting me and my account.  There are a few posts in this forum with instructions on how to speed up the process. Mine being one of them.
The attorney general is not in agreement with you because Boost has a plan in place to protect your account.

Call your attorney general. They are not interested in procecuting Boost mobile because you feel your account number is not readily available. Trust me. Take a deep breath and just follow the prompts and you will be getting your account number.