Your Virgin Mobile Account is Transferring to Boost Mobile
What's up Community! If you have not heard the news already, Virgin Mobile USA is being transitioned to Boost Mobile! Starting on 1/6/2020, Virgin Mobile customers will receive an email and/or SMS text notification about 30 days before their transfer date explaining their account transfer to Boost! Then beginning on 2/6/2020, Virgin Mobile customers will be transferred to a Boost account and comparable Boost Plan on their next monthly bill cycle! Transfers are expected to be completed by late March/early April.
We know you may have some questions and we will attempt to answer as many as possible. So let's get started. First and foremost, your account number and phone number will carry over to the new Boost account. No need to give out a new number or be concerned about losing your current number. Also, all Virgin Mobile phones will work on Boost once they are transitioned except for mobile broadband and Blackberry devices. To our current mobile broadband and Blackberry users, to avoid service interruption on your devices, you will need to switch your device. Your mobile broadband/Blackberry service will no longer be available beginning April 7th, 2020. If you choose to consider Boost Mobile, please visit BoostMobile.com or your nearest Boost Mobile store for information and current promotions.
Now about VMU Top-Up cards. You can continue to purchase and make payment to your VMU account using VMU Top-Up cards or by visiting a Boost Mobile store. Once your account is transitioned to Boost, you can use any unredeemed VMU Top-Up cards on your Boost account. VMU Top-Up cards will continue to be sold in the following major retailers until the transfer is complete:
- Dollar General
- Family Dollar
- Best Buy
VMU Top-Up will no longer be sold in Sprint Stores as of 1/17/2020.
I know what you are thinking. What about my plan? We got you covered! Your new Boost price plan will be the same or lower monthly cost than what you pay today. Also, you will have the same or better features included in the plan. Information about your new plan will be available when you are transitioned to Boost. For additional Boost Mobile benefits click here. A quick note about Add Ons/Bolt Ons. In preparation for your transition to Boost, we had to expire any Add Ons that are not compatible with Boost. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Once you become a Boost customer, you can select from a wide range of Add Ons/Bolt Ons for your account.
Before we get to the FAQs, two very important items regarding payments. For our pay by the minute customer, Boost does not offer a 45/90 Auto Top-Up option, so when you transfer to Boost you will need to be sure to either choose Low Balance Auto Top Up payment option, or remove the Auto Pay selection and manually add money every 90 days with a major debit or credit card to ensure your account stays active. In preparation for your transition to Boost, we will be removing this Auto Top-Up option from your account on or around 2/2/2020. Also, for our monthly plan customers be advised Boost does not support PayPal as a payment method. We will be removing PayPal from your account on or around 2/2/2020. You will need to register a credit or debit card on your account prior to 2/2/2020 in preparation for your transition to Boost.
Those are the key points. Below are the FAQs"
I have been a Virgin Mobile customer for a long time, why is my account being transferred to Boost Mobile?
- We appreciate your loyalty. To ensure that we offer the best service to our customers, we regularly examine our plans. At this time a decision to discontinue the Virgin Mobile USA service has been made. As we are committed to providing you with great service, we will transfer your account to our sister brand Boost Mobile.
Do I need to make any changes to my account before the transfer to Boost Mobile?
- At this time, paying for your service through your PayPal account will not be supported on your new Boost Mobile account and therefore, PayPal will be removed as a registered payment method on 2/2/2020. Customers enrolled on a payment method or AutoPay with PayPal accounts will need to re-establish payment options and re-enroll in Autopay using a major credit/debit card.
- Boost Mobile also does not accept 45/90 Day Top Up Payment Option for service payments, and will be removed from all Virgin Mobile accounts on February 2, 2020. Customers enrolled in 45/90 Day Top Up Payment option will need to re-establish payment option and either re-enroll in a Low Balance Autopay option or make manual on-time payments using a major credit/debit card prior to transition in order to avoid service interruption
- If your account is impacted by either of these payment methods, we will notify you with instructions on how to make changes prior to the transfer date in order to avoid service interruption.
- Please note the Texas LIDA credits will no longer be issued following transfer to Boost Mobile.
Will my plan payment date change?
- If you make no changes to your account or plan, your payment date is not expected to change when we transfer you to Boost Mobile.
- Recurring monthly plan payments are due on your payment date, which is based on the day when you purchased, restarted, switched or activated your plan.
Will my existing VMU AutoPay setup or payment methods on file transfer with the switch to Boost Mobile?
- If you are currently enrolled in AutoPay with a debit or credit card, Virgin Mobile will automatically transfer it to your new Boost Mobile billing account to prevent your services from being interrupted.
- At this time, Boost Mobile does not accept Paypal accounts for service payments. If you are currently enrolled in AutoPay or payment methods on file with a Paypal account, you will need to remove it from your account and replace it with a debit or credit card prior to 2/2/2020 in order to avoid service interruption.
- Boost Mobile also does not accept 45/90 Day Top-Up Payment Option for service payments. If you are enrolled in this, you will need to reestablish the payment option and re-enroll in a Low Balance Autopay option prior to 2/2, or remove Auto Pay selection and make manual payment with major credit or debit card in order to avoid service interruption. Before Transferring to Boost Mobile:
• You can manage your AutoPay account by visiting www.virginmobileusa.com/login, and
accessing your account.
• After Transferring to Boost Mobile:
• You can manage your AutoPay Account by visiting http://myaccount.boostmobile.com/ sign-in and using the first four digits of your 6 digit Virgin Mobile PIN for the initial login to your account.
• If you don't remember the VMU pin, click the "Forgot Pin" link on the login page.
- You may choose to un-enroll your Virgin Mobile account from AutoPay by visiting www.virginmobileusa.com/login prior to migrating to Boost. If you no longer want to be on AutoPay after the migration or need to change credit/debit cards, you can visit http://myaccount.boostmobile.com/sign-in and access your account using the first four digits of your current Virgin Mobile PIN.
- Please note Virgin Mobile Top Up will not be available in Sprint stores. See www.boostmobile.com to locate a Boost Mobile store nearest you or to pay online.
- Also, note that a minimum of one payment every 90 days is required to maintain active account status.
Can I change phones or add lines to my account after the transfer?
- Once your account is transferred to Boost Mobile you will be able to upgrade to a Boost Mobile phone and/or join or start a Boost Mobile Family Plan. Please note however to add a line will require switching to a new Boost Mobile Family Plan.
How can I manage my account online or from my device after it has been transferred to Boost Mobile?
- Online: https://myaccount.boostmobile.com
- From your device
- If you don't remember the VMU pin, click the "Forgot Pin" link on the login page.
Who can I contact if I have any questions?
- If you have any questions following the transfer of your account to Boost Mobile, please contact Boost Mobile Customer Care by calling 888-266-7848 or 888-BOOST4U or check BoostMobile.com/FAQ
Will my existing Virgin Mobile phone insurance carry over to Boost Mobile?
- Yes, if you currently have Phone Insurance on your Virgin Mobile account, it will carry over to the
Boost Shield insurance product with the transfer. https://www.myphoneguardian.com/boostmobile.
Can I purchase phone insurance for my Virgin Mobile phone?
- If you do not have phone insurance at the time of transfer to Boost Mobile, you will not be able to add it to your existing device following the transfer.
- Customers who upgrade to a new Boost Mobile device are eligible to purchase phone insurance on the new device.
Will my existing Virgin Mobile account history be transferred with my transfer to Boost Mobile?
- Yes, your Virgin Mobile account history will be transferred with the transfer of your account to Boost Mobile.
- After your transfer to Boost Mobile is complete, you will be able to access your account and account history by visiting boostmobile.com/myaccount and log in using the first 4 digits of your 6-digit VMU PIN.
- Customers with existing account balances can apply funds toward service plan payments. They are not eligible to be used for device purchases. Device purchases require a major debit/credit card.
Will I be able to access my Virgin Mobile account up until the transfer to Boost Mobile and make changes to my plan?
- Yes, you can continue to access your Virgin Mobile account on www.virginmobileusa.com, www.boostmobile.com/myaccount or by downloading the Boost Mobile My Boost App to your device.
- You will log in to your Boost Mobile account using the first 4 digits of your 6 digit Virgin Mobile PIN.
What changes can I make to my Virgin Mobile account until my account is transferred to Boost Mobile?
- Existing Virgin Mobile customers can continue to manage their account up until their transfer to Boost Mobile is complete.
Why does my device screen still show the Virgin Mobile splash page when I turn my device on after the transfer to Boost Mobile?
- You may notice that your existing Virgin Mobile device will continue to reflect Virgin Mobile branding on its screen following the transfer to Boost Mobile. However, your existing account will be a part of the Boost Mobile family.
Will my account or phone number be canceled if I don't make a monthly payment?
- If you do not make your monthly payment, your service will be interrupted. You will have 120 days after your service is interrupted to add enough funds to your account and prevent account cancellation. If your account is canceled for nonpayment you will lose any funds in your account balance and your telephone number. Lost
funds are nonrefundable.
- If your service is interrupted at the time of the transfer to Boost Mobile, your account will still be transferred. Although you will be able to receive text messages and voice calls, you will not be able to make outbound calls or texts until you bring your account current.
Can I transfer to Boost Mobile before the transfer date?
- Yes, if you'd like to transfer to Boost Mobile prior to the transfer date, please call Boost Mobile Care, 866-402-7366.
- Please choose the option for Activating a new device.
Does Boost Mobile support a secret question and answer as part of Account Authentication?
- While Virgin Mobile supported a secret question and answer as an alternate means of authenticating your account, Boost Mobile does not. If you forget your PIN, you will have other methods available to retrieve it.
What additional benefits will I receive with my transfer to Boost Mobile?
- Taxes and fees will now be INCLUDED in your new Boost Mobile plan.
- 6,800 Boost Mobile locations nationwide for your convenience.
- 99% nationwide coverage with voice roaming.
- Boost Perks, a reward program exclusive to Boost Mobile customers.