R

Tue, Nov 9, 2021 3:14 AM

Phones not compatible with new network

My husband went In to get a new SIM card that boost said he needed. Well turns out his phone isn’t compatible with the new 5G sims and they didn’t check first. 

The New sim won’t work and now the old sim won’t work. Went back to the store and basically said I can’t help you and to call. So we called 4x and got hung up on when asked for a supervisor. 

Finally get through and talked to a supervisor and this guys spoke over my husband EVERY SINGLE TIME he opened his mouth to speak.  He was so rude!
We were told that he needs to buy a new phone now. They won’t prorate this month since he just paid his bill. He has boost up and has 2 more payments which they won’t drop so he can get a new phone that will be compatible with their new network. 

No old SIM cards to send to him either. So he is without a phone for the next 2 months due to this. We can’t afford to shell out several hundred dollars for a phone when BOOST is the one that messed up his phone. He would have been fine with the old SIM card until March we are told.  

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK IF YOU PHONE IS COMPATIBLE BEFORE UPGRADING YOUR SIM CARD!!!!!!

Boost should be responsible for this! Boost messed up his phone and they are wiping their hands of this! It isn’t right!

3 Messages

2 m ago

THIS IS A COMPLETE SCAM!!! MY PHONE WORKED PERFECTLY PRIOR TO INSTALLING THE BOGUS SIM CARD. AS I AM TYPING THIS I HAVE HAD NO SERVICE SINCE 11/5. WHAT'S EVEN WORSE AND YES I EXPERIENCED EVERYTHING YOU MENTIONED. BUT WHAT'S EVEN WORSE IS THAT IS NOW MY ACCOUNT # HAS BEEN KEPT AWAY FROM ME!!! BOOST SAYS SURE WE'LL GIVE YOU YOUR ACCOUNT # LET US VERIFY YOUR ACCOUNT FROM YOUR PHONE. WE'LL CALL YOUR # AND SEND A TEXT. WELL THEN THEY COME BACK AND SAY SORRY WE CAN'T VERIFY YOUR PHONE BECAUSE WE CAN'T GET  THROUGH TO YOUR PHONE. OF COURSE YOU CAN'T SINCE YOU DISABLED IT WITH YOUR FAKE SIM CARD!!!! THEN THEY HAVE THE AUDACITY TO TELL ME  TO GO TO A STORE AND THEY CAN GIVE IT TO YOU. THAT'S A COMPLETE LIE!!!! THE STORE FLAT OUT TOLD ME THEY DON'T KNOW WHY THEY SAY THAT AND EVEN OFFERED TO SHOW ME THE SCREEN WHERE THEY ALLEGEDLY DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO MY ACCOUNT #. ALLLLLL OF BOOST IS A BUNCH OF LIARS.  I HAVE FILED MY COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB! HOPEFULLY SOMEONE WILL FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AS WELL!!!