M

Mon, Sep 27, 2021 5:04 PM

Galaxy s10e no longer supported?

I bought this phone last year and after an update on friday 9-24-21 this phone is no longer supported.  WTF?  Customer support decided to waste 3 days and countless hours of mine until they simply said the device is not compatible with the new system.  I bought it NEW last year from Boost Mobile.  How do you explain this?  No offer to replace or help  in any way.   REALLY PISSED AT BOOST.  On a mission to explain this crap customer service, and will continue to do so to the several people I brought over to Boost

3 Messages

Il y a 8 m

I am wondering the same thing and came here to see what was going on.  I updated my phone last night, and got a message from Boost Mobile today telling me that a phone upgrade is required soon (when exactly?) to avoid service interruption.  They gave a coupon code for in store only that expires in 2 weeks.  A new phone is not in my budget, especially within 2 weeks.  My phone is just over a year old, also bought new from Boost Mobile.  We should be receiving NEW PHONES from Boost for FREE, since they have a system that is not compatible with phones that they sold.  I'm praying that this is not going to happen to the other phones (3 total) on my Family Plan.  There is no way I can buy my phone in time, much less 3 phones.  BOOST MOBILE NEEDS TO DO BETTER!!!

Boost Care

• 

2.4K Messages

Hello Denise! You don't have to make any changes at this time. This is all happening because T-Mobile is planning on shutting down the old Sprint network at beginning of next year. When the time comes we will reach out and let you know about any offers we have to make that transition easier.

6 Messages

@Ojay76 Which basically means "yeah you'll have to buy a new phone, sucks to be you lmao". How the heck can you justify shutting down service for phones you sold customers? 

48 Messages

@Ojay76 how does this help those of us with issues now? I've gotten zero response to my questions or any assistance. 

3 Messages

@Ojay76 The time to let me know what Boost plans to do is NOW!  I can't make phone calls on my phone that Boost sold to me for over $800 dollars.  I get a message that I can only call for Emergency services because I don't have a SIM.  What can be done about that now?!  I need my phone for work and to keep in touch with family that I take care of.  My phone bill is due in a few days, and I am the primary person on my family plan.  What is supposed to happen there?  Am I supposed to just pay for a plan that I personally can't use, or lose the plan for everyone else?  If I get a new phone, I'm seeing that we are also being transferred to a new more expensive plan as well.  How does that affect my family plan?

Boost Care

• 

510 Messages

We understand this is frustrating, Denise. Unfortunately, we can not make a phone compatible with the new network. It is all down to the hardware the phone was made with. Originally the CDMA network was to remain active longer, but the owner of the network has decided to shut it down earlier than expected. We understand this is putting some customers in a situation where they might need to get a new phone to continue services. We are working on delaying the shutdown of the network and will inform our customers if that happens.

-Marcos G

7 Messages

Il y a 8 m

Boost Care's reply by Ojay76 is what I got from most of the people at Boost that "helped" me.  This person just doesnt know.  The offer they will give you, is what you find for sale on the website at the time.  THEY WILL GIVE YOU NOTHING.  Especially not the truth.  The rest of the staff that "helped" me, the ones that knew what was going on, flat out lied to me.  It was the worst experience I can remember in a long time and ruined my Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  Just waisting my day with resets, sim card changes, and being told that they will take care of the issue.  All false promises.  They set my expectations that they would help, but in the long run they said tough sh*t.  I was with Boost for close to 10 years.  I was never late with a payment.  Now they are jerking me around with trying to get it unlocked.  The management is shameless and the company is despicable.

48 Messages

Il y a 8 m

I have no network service either. I didn't realize until today. My MMS messaging hasn't been working. Today I turned off my wi-fi and got the message "no internet connection" I hadn't noticed before because it still shows bars like I have service but apparently it's my wifi kicking in giving me coverage. I too bought my S10e phone thru Boost just made my 18th payment and paid it off now this. So how can they be charging us if we aren't getting service from then. This whole T-Mobile thing trashed my son's phone when they moved all the Sprint customers. Seriously T-Mobile is screwing lots of stuff up. I think it's time I switch to Xfinity this is total BS. They haven't even responded to my 3 separate posts this past week asking for help. This is unacceptable. Especially considering the number of customers getting screwed by all this mass moving of customers to T-Mobile. Time to file a complaint 

6 Messages

Il y a 8 m

To anyone with the S10e (me included) with the problem and need a fix for the time being, just enough to get you by while you go to a new provider, go into Settings -> Connections -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode and change it to CDMA only. You will have 3G sprint service only but its better than nothing. I'm using that while I wait for my new phone on Verizon to show up.

(edited)

48 Messages

@metalka thank you so much for the info. I had actually just been checking out their new phones on Boost thinking of upgrading to a bigger screen. Now I'm definitely just going to go elsewhere for new phone and service. That we were given no warning and even less assistance when the problem hit, speaks volumes to their level of customer care (or in this case, lack thereof). Thanks again for the network reset info. Hope all goes well for you - stay blessed 🙃

3 Messages

@metalka Thank you for sharing this information to at least get us service temporarily, which is more than anyone from Boost Mobile is doing.  I am so disgusted with this situation.  There was no warning at all, just all of a sudden I can't make calls, and it's too bad, so sad, as far as Boost is concerned.

11 Messages

Il y a 6 m

What's happening with the S10e's is that they're locked to the old boost mobile network. Since Dish is now the owner and the new network they're using is technically not the "boost mobile network" that we were using, the phone is locked to the old network and you will not be able to use the new expanded network SIM card until your phone is UICC UNLOCKED. Please contact boost mobile customer service and request a "UICC Unlock" and request them to unlock both DOMESTICALLY and INTERNATIONALLY to ensure that your new SIM works on the new network.

Below is a reddit post that might provide some better insight than what Boost's care providers can give:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BoostMobile/comments/qm5e6q/boostmobile_samsung_s10e_unlocking_and_new_sim/

Good luck! If this doesn't fix the issue, at least your phone is unlocked and will be able to be used on other providers.