ktgibson0414's profile

Sat, Apr 7, 2018 6:00 AM

We need security!

This is going to be the one thing that makes me switch from this company. You can't lock an entire account behind a 4 digit pin, it's just not secure. We need actual passwords and 2FA.

If I can't secure my account, I'm going somewhere else. Why are people not more concerned about this?

Responses

2 Messages

3 y ago

You can't be taking it that seriously if my account is locked behind a 4 digit pin. I'm sorry, but in a world where identity theft is rampant, people don't have the luxury of not worrying about their personal information.

If other customers do not agree and don't want to lock their account with a 12 - 16 digit password and 2FA because it's inconvenient that's fine; however, don't force me to use a dumbed-down system.

Boost Care

• 

1.6K Messages

3 y ago

Hey there, ktgibson0414! Sorry to see you feel that way about the 4-digit PIN authentication process.

But we want you to know that, in accordance to the laws established by the FCC, Boost Mobile takes the duty and commitment of protecting our customers' personal account information very seriously.

Your feedback is highly appreciated, as we'll take it into consideration on this matter. Don't doubt to let us know if there's anything else we may help you with.

We're here to serve you!

Hozuki_Robert

4 Messages

3 y ago

Over the last couple of days, I have received multiple txt msgs from Boost with my PIN#.  I did not request these.  Each time this happens, I attempt to log into my account online.  I get the message "Your account has been locked because of too many login attempts. Please try again in 24 hours."  I was not the one that locked my account.  I have emailed Boost 2x and called their customer support # (what a joke).  They claim they cannot trace the IP address of whoever is locking my account online, nor can they identify the phone # the person is calling from that keeps requesting my PIN.  Boost should be able to identify both and block both from doing this. Sounds like BS to me.  Pretty pathetic, if you ask me.

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

3 y ago

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We definitely value your feedback. Rest assured – we’re working to make improvements in this area!

4 Messages

3 y ago

I'll believe it when I see it.

3 Messages

4 m ago

I’m going through this now. Spent days on the phone correcting everything and had to buy a new device to have it suspended again. BOOST needs to improve security ASAP. Has your 2019 security breech not taught you anything? There are enough customer complains to have made this correction by now.

Boost Care

• 

2.8K Messages

3 m ago

Hello, Aegis-GA. Thanks so much for the suggestion! We’re always developing based on feedback from our customers.

Boost takes these issues very seriously and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. If you still need our assistance with your account, please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN.

To send a private message you simply go to one of our agents profile who you want to send a message to and hit the "send this user a private message" button. It's under their contact section on the right side of their profile, right next to their badges.

3 Messages

3 m ago

Thanks. I’ve talked to about 20 agents now and theres no resolve until Boost fixes the gaps in security. I just paid 1K to replace my phone to get it reported stolen again in 1 day of having it. Anyways, I have an ongoing case already.