Leafwise's profile

Wed, Sep 27, 2017 4:00 PM

Waiting on Activation / Number Port...

Been waiting for 4+ hours, still 'Porting Number'...

Please kindly help, as I can't be without phone access (I work for myself).

Responses

4 Messages

4 y ago

I do have cellular bars, but cannot make calls/use data/etc; Can't log in to account either as it suggests 'preactive' status.

Coming from Cricket, FWIW.

4 Messages

4 y ago

Activation #

104 Messages

4 y ago

Ports can take up to one business day although many complete quickly.

Try doing a carrier reset which is ##CLEAR# and then a service update which is ##UPDATE#.

4 Messages

4 y ago

Failed.

I was NOT asked for a PIN for my former carrier during the Activation/Port Process, and I'm being informed that the lack of a PIN is the reason why I have no service yet. 'Confirmed' that an incorrect PIN was holding up the process, but the corect PIN was provided-- the 10 minutes have well passed since the issue was to be cleared up according to the email rep.

I have provided the correct Cricket PIN via PM to 3 different Virgin CS Reps on the forum and emailed CS with the correct PIN to no avail. I confirmed the PIN I provided to said Virgin reps was correct on Cricket's website this morning.

Getting more than a little annoyed.

Boost Care

• 

1.6K Messages

4 y ago

Hey there, Leafwise! We truly apologize for the late reply! To further help you, please send us a private message including:

- The number from Cricket you wish to port-in.

- The PIN from the Cricket number.

- The account number from Cricket.

Looking forward to your reply!

RB-1991 (Robert)

Boost Care

• 

1.6K Messages

4 y ago

We deeply apologize for the hassle, but it's good to know you finally made it.

Don't doubt to contact us again if you need help with anything else. We're here to serve you!

RB-1991 (Robert)

1 Message

4 y ago

Hey I am waiting on activation. I was told I was activated just enter ##873283# but it just keeps saying carrier update failed. Please help me out so I can get my phone activated

Boost Care

• 

807 Messages

4 y ago

Hi there, adam11209! Sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue! Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a private message with your phone number and pin code so we can review this further.

1 Message

4 y ago

I am having the same issue from metro. Do you have to pay your final bill with metro before they will release your number? I initiated this yesterday and haven't been able to use my phone since not even to dial 611. And BTW, where do you send the ##UPDATE## text to?

104 Messages

4 y ago

##UPDATE##

It is not a text. What it does is instruct the phone to update key parameters (PRL and Profile).

So you dial ##UPDATE# and then press the Call button like making a regular phone call.

BTW: only one # at the end.

"Do you have to pay your final bill with metro before they will release your number?"

No.

• Once you request service from a new company, your old company cannot refuse to port your number, even if you owe money for an outstanding balance or termination fee.

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/porting-keeping-your-phone-number-when-you-change-providers

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

4 y ago

Hi there, @Maxina! Please, send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to further assist you.

1 Message

4 y ago

How do i get a hold of Mark from port in cuz ive been dealing with this mess for a week. Now my service has ended with my other network provider and my number still hasn't been ported over to virgin mobile. I need help!

1 Message

4 y ago

Hi there! We are waiting on activation of our transferred phones and have not heard back. They are not currently working and we are hoping for and ETA. We were told to expect a call in about 3-4 hours yesterday and never heard back. It's been almost 14 hours without our phones. :disappointed_face: Can you help us? Thanks so very much! 

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

4 y ago

Hi there dannyredred. If you can private message us your phone numbers and pin codes, we’d love to help you out with this! Victor21