mickt's profile

Mon, Dec 7, 2020 5:00 PM

Virgin $30 plan and new iPhone SE?

Hi,

I'm a Virgin Mobile convert with the $30 VM iPhone plan. I ordered a new iPhone SE from Boost which arrived today and when I try to activate it I'm asked to set up a new plan. 

Is it possible to keep my existing plan? If yes, what do I need to do? Or can I swap the SIM out from my old iPhone SE to my new iPhone SE?

Kind regards

--Mick

Accepted Solution

3 Messages

1 y ago

The summary is I can't transfer my old plan on an original iPhone SE to a new iPhone SE and have to pick a more expensive plan. Thanks to the agents for their help, even if they couldn't keep me my old plan.

Boost Care

• 

951 Messages

1 y ago

Hi there! Thank you for contacting us. Can you please send us a private message with the details so we can work through this? 

1 Message

1 y ago

Run away fast!!!  I too was a Virgin customer for nearly 14 years.  Recently I had to upgrade to a IPhoneSE for my work and have spent nearly a month trying to get them to send me the correct SIM card, customer service keeps giving me excuses and sending me more cards that DO NOT WORK.  As an aside, I asked them to unlock my old phone so a friend could use it but they won't do it -- no explanation just more excuses and BS.  I never had any problems with Virgin but am very disappointed in their choice of companies for which they sold my account too.  I am so very sick of being screwed by corporations. 

3 Messages

1 y ago

The iPhone SE I ordered from Boostmobile came with the correct SIM card. I believe it needs to be one of the new extended coverage SIM cards which is required to work on the the T-Mobile network.

T-Mobile bought Sprint which is the network that Virgin Mobile used to run on and the Sprint network is being merged into the T-Mobile network. I hope you get your issue resolved.

3 Messages

10 m ago

Same problem, need to contact an agent.  I would prefer to not have to visit a store.

Boost Care

• 

2.3K Messages

10 m ago

Hello, @kkirchner. Thanks for reaching out. Definitely want to take a look into this for you. Please send us a PM. To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message". 

3 Messages

10 m ago

@Joy1713 

No F in the SIM card.  I can't reply to the private message. "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."