dcNate's profile

Sat, Nov 21, 2020 10:00 AM

Upgrade phone and keep older plan intact?

I have an original iphone SE that I got under Virgin Mobile several years ago and have since been moved over to Boost.  My plan is $30/month due to autopay with 10gb data and unlimited text/voice.  I see the newer iPhone SE is available and was thinking of upgrading to it but didn't want to be forced on to a more expensive plan in the process.  I understand I likely have an older SIM (virgin mobile/sprint service)- could I just move the sim over to the new phone and keep everything intact?  Or, if I got a newer sim can I still keep the current plan?

Responses

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

7 m ago

Hi there dcNate. Thank you for contacting us. We are able to upgrade to the new iPhone SE and keep your original plan. The new phone will arrive with its own original sim card to activate. Once you have the new phone, we are able to swap your current account to the new phone. victor21

8 Messages

I just bought the new iphone se from Boost. I have the $30/mo w/autopay w/10GB plan and would like to keep that plan.  How do I do that and use my new phone?

7 Messages

7 m ago

I ordered the new 2020 iPhone SE from the boost store and it has arrived but I still need to back up my current SE before moving forward.  Should I try the Swap Phone feature on the website and move my existing SIM card over or use the new SIM that came with the phone?  I still want to keep my original $30 plan and want to make sure I follow the correct steps.  

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

7 m ago

Hi. Thanks for reaching out to us. We are glad to help. We'd recommend to use the SIM Card that came inside your phone, however, we should verify if the SIM Card the phone came with is for our nationwide network, or for the new expanded network, since your plan would change if the SIM card is not for the same network your phone is in right now. Would you like us to check? ~AmyM25

Boost Care

• 

3.9K Messages

6 m ago

Hello dcNate. We'd need to work directly with you to verify if the plan can be kept. Please send us a private message so we may review your account.

You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

7 Messages

6 m ago

I would appreciate any help you could give with the steps I should take, as I was told previously I could keep my plan and I was hoping to do that and not need to move to a more expensive plan.  It would make the most sense to me if I am able to move my current active SIM over to the new phone as it's moving from the old iPhone SE to the new iPhone SE (2nd gen).  The new phone did come with a sim card but it is not yet installed in the phone.