saretta's profile

Fri, Dec 9, 2016 6:00 PM

troubles in activating and my phone doesn't work

Hi,

I was trying to activate my new Boost Mobile phone yesterday transfering my old AT&T phone number. Now I have an activation request number, but I cannot check my activation status because there is always the following error: 

Exception thrown by EAI backend, can not check activation status.

The situation is even worst because my old phone and SIM doesn't work anymore since yesterday! Additionally, when I try to call the Boost Customers Service 866-402-7366 a voice mail tells me that I'm not authorized to make the call and I should call the custumer service....BUT I'm already calling the customers service!!

Could you please help me with this?

Thank you

Responses

Accepted Solution

3 Messages

4 y ago

Go to your menu then settings then activate device, and it should take you through the steps if not go to accounts and add you google info and also make sure your device is swapped, you can do this by going to your boost account or then go to settings and then swap device or handset, then it will give you step by step instructions and also allow you to try and keep the number you had before

3 Messages

4 y ago

I want to update my situation:

I managed to call the Custumer Service using a different number, and.... after 1 HOUR AT THE PHONE, 3 different operators were not able to assist me and complete my activation process....and one of the assistant was also asking private card information. 

I think this is what you can define "bad customer assistance". 

By the way, since TWO DAYS ago, I'm not able to use my phone!

3 Messages

4 y ago

Dial 611 from your device that is not yet activated

4 y ago

yes I cant get into my E-mail, How can I change ny E-mail

1 Message

4 y ago

Sup guys, I bought my Iphone and was having the same problem activating it, heres how to fix that:

In your packaging you should have gotten a packet that says "Stop DO NOT DISCARD" open that up and retrieve your sim card and copy down the number located on the sim card itself, this long number is your UICC number, when activating your phone on boost mobile, it asks you if your UICC number is the same as your serial number, in most cases it isn't, so select "click here if your UICC number is different than your serial number" Enter that number and continue on with your activating process and it should run smoothly 🙂 don't forget to use the tool in the iiphone packaging to insert your sim card into your iphone via the right side small hole.

1 Message

4 y ago

The UICC # is 20 digits long and the space to enter the serial # did not allow for all 20 characters.  We have tried everything and nothing is working.  

1 Message

4 y ago

I completed the activation process online, and it says it's still pending.  When I call the IVR, it tells me the activation was successful.  I have no service on the phone and when I try to configure it there is no option for a ported in number.  It gives me instructions to sign into my account online, but when I try to do that it tells me my account is not active so I can't sign in.  I have tried to call and talk to a live person around 15 times and I can't find a path through the IVR to talk to a live person.  When I press 0 a bunch of times and hold for 10-15 minutes an operator answers who offers to transfer me to that department then hangs up on me instead.  I have about had it and am going to return this awful phone to the store and go back to straight talk.  Could they make it any more difficult to activate? I can't spend another day without a working phone and I've already been at this for 2 days!!!  
And what kind of company doesn't have a live chat option?  They don't let you call customer service from a phone that isn't activated and there is no live chat.  I sent a stupid email but they say it takes 24 hours to get a response and I bet the response will be absolutely worthless anyway.  This company needs serious help.  I've never used a worse service, and I have used Virgin Mobile, straight talk, verizon prepaid, and walmart prepaid before.  They were all better than this. 

Boost Care

• 

905 Messages

4 y ago

Hello adah_m,  we like to look into this for you . Can you please private message me so I can assist you with this?

1 Message

4 y ago

I cant make calls but i can recive them

Boost Care

• 

1K Messages

4 y ago

Hello Jbercier. I am sorry about that. Let me help you out with this issue. Please try the following steps on your device:

If you have an android:

1. Turn off Wi-Fi

2. Turn on mobile Data

3. Make sure you have at least 3 signal bars

4. on your dial Pad, enter ##72786#

If you have an iPhone:

1. Tap Phone.

2. Enter ##873283# then tap Call.

3. When Starting Service Update screen appears, tap OK.

4. When Service Update Complete appears, tap OK.

Your device will turn off and on at least twice. Follow all the prompts and press ok or yes to everything you see. The whole process should not take no more than 6 minutes give or take. Please let us know how that worked out.

Boost Care

• 

3.3K Messages

3 y ago

Hi there KayProc67. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a private message with the IMEI number of the phone, and we’ll get this thing figured out. Do you have a current account with us?  Victor21

1 Message

3 y ago

I cannot activate my new Samsung S8 I ordered online from Boost. Took it to a Boost store and clerk says it is a T-Mobile phone. What to do?

10 Messages

3 y ago

Some how I can log into my account but my services are not working for my phone..I’ve been trying for the pass two days to get my phone working..I even transferred my number over now I’m without a phone

Boost Care

• 

3.5K Messages

3 y ago

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, Msnae28. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

9 Messages

3 y ago

Just putting this out there but if someone contacts support asking if a certain phone from Verizon works then it should work enough said