mason92's profile

Thu, Nov 17, 2016 8:00 PM

SOLVED: Transferring service to new phone

I was thinking about getting myself a new phone and keeping my current phone for my mother (who doesn't already have one).  I was wanting to transfer my current service to my (theoretical) new phone, and getting new service to the current one and giving it to mother.  Is that something that is do-able?

Also, while I'm here, does anyone know anything about text/picture messaging to Canada?  Any info will be much appreciated. 🙂

Responses

Accepted Solution

260 Messages

4 y ago

HI mason62,

Sure can swap devices and create a new account super easy.  Just buy your new phone and then from the Boost website, clickthe  Activate Your Phone link in the top right.  Choose the I am a current customer and I want to swap Boost Mobile devices. option and foloow the prompts!  Then, I would wait a few hours after you swap your phone, to make a new account use the same link but choose the  I am a new customer and want to activate my Boost Mobile device. option and follow the prompts to create a new account.

For new devices, there is no actavation fee.  Used devices have a $10 re-activation fee, so you would have to pay this when using your current soon to be old device on you mothers yet to be created new account.

Hope that helps.

Oh yea, about sending international text and picture messages, in your case to Canada.  

No picture messages.  Boost does not support sending MMS/picture messages to intl numbers.

Regular texts/SMS messages sure.  If you are not subscribed to one of the intl add-ons it is ten cents per message to send.  There are also intl add ons.  If Canada is your only concerned intl destination, there are the $5  International Connect or Todo Mexico Plus (depending on what plan you are on) add-ons, that would give you unlimited regular text messages AND phone calls to Canada(but no callsto 867).
https://www.boostmobile.com/support/faq/plans-services/international-services/5-todo-mexico-plus-add-on/

Yours,
-J
Check my badges!
If I have answered your question, please be sure to click the Accepted Solution_B.GIF button at the bottom of my Reply, so others can quickly find the answer they are looking for!

7 Messages

4 y ago

This helps greatly, thank you! ^^

1 Message

4 y ago

I have a newer MOTO-G ANDROID LOLLIPOP,5. 1, Phone that I had the number ported over from the exact same device. Now, since I am disabled& had not been able to keep up with the monthly prepaid card, it had not been used in a few months. So I went back and purchased a new card for $45.00 to add services to my phone and there is no way to access my account. I click on the Boost icon, I used to enter my phone number and my pin, then insert the 14 digit card number. Than I would hate my service plan funds available to begin the new 30 day cycle. Now, when someone calls my cell phone number, their phone says "NO NUMBER EXISTS", how is this possible. I have the original receipt from the place of purchase and now I have a $45.00 card that I have not yet tried to use because it seems there exists nowhere to insert it. I don't want to take a chance and inserting the card and losing my funds permanently. Can you assist me in regaining my number back, I have all the necessary proof of purchase for both the original phone, ( I was forced to buy a new one because I dropped the phone and the screen became unreadable, but I loved the phone and service enough to purchase the same exact phone and ported the number as it was easier to do it this way. As a disabled person who lives on a very tight budget, I cannot afford to throw away a $45.00 purchase. Is there any way that you can advise me what I can do because I cannot find a contact number for BOOST MOBILE anywhere online. I need some help bad Thank you. Lee

260 Messages

4 y ago

Hi @ELROY,

I usually do not reply to different questions on other peoples threads.  But you said you had not used your account in a few months, did you mean that it has been longer than 60 days? I did want to let you know that if you have not used your Boost service for sixty days your account, and number are deleted.  

You would have to create a new account, with a new number to resume service.  Just use the Activate Your Phone link and follow the prompts like you are a new customer.

Also, here is the link to the contact page 

https://www3.boostmobile.com/#!/framework_contact_us/

Where you can email Boost or call the # listed

Call 1 888 BOOST 4U (1 888 266 7848) or 611 from your handset or go to a store(the store may charge you for helping, call them first too).

Yours,

-J

2 Messages

4 y ago

You go into settings and then on activate phone and follow the instructions or you can call customer care and there will be an automated system

Boost Care

• 

904 Messages

4 y ago

Hi belindanburt201

The DEC # 256 69156008520321 comes up as invalid because it's short by one digit. Please also specify what you're trying to do with this number.

EdwinRG.

2 Messages

4 y ago

I broke my old Boost Mobile phone and need too Transfer too my old boost mobile phone. Fast as possible please i need my phone for work A.S.A.P. Need Help bad and fast, please and thank you.

3 y ago

How do I transfer from one phone to another phone

Boost Care

• 

1.6K Messages

3 y ago

Hello, Octaviousbrown1! Sorry for the late reply! To swap (or upgrade) handsets through our online support channel, please visit the following link: http://boost.co/1NiYvsJ.

Once there, select the option available under "Existing Customer", press "Next" and follow the prompts.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you need any help.

We're here to help!

- Hozuki_Robert

Boost Care

• 

2K Messages

3 y ago

Hello, @jvilla4. Thank you for stopping by. Could you please send us a private message to further assist you?  We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. -Kira_M.

1 Message

3 y ago

Hi, I tried doing this with my iPhone 7 Plus by typing the IMEI number but it did not work. It said data not found. Any help? I have my current iPhone 6 that is connected with Boost so I was trying to move the SIM card over, but then it said no service on my iPhone 7 Plus. 

1 Message

3 y ago

need to change to my new phone

Boost Care

• 

3.5K Messages

3 y ago

Hey there, gatillo76! You can swap your device online by accessing your account through this link http://boost.co/1WJ1meg. After you log in to your account, you would scroll down to the "My device" section and select the option to swap your device.

7 Messages

3 y ago

boostmobile.com/activate, it will take you about 3-4 minutes to trasfere to the other phone!

2 Messages

3 y ago

hey i just tried using that site to activate my iphone 6s plus that i just got unlocked from att. is there anyway to activate it on the phone itself or should i go to the boost store for help?