S

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 2:28 AM

SIM Card Update

I received multiple requests from Boost to get the free new SIM card for our phones. We received them and tried to activate online - no luck.  I went to the store where a nice person installed the new sim cards and when asked, said there would be no change to our account.  By the time I got home, I had a bunch of texts and emails saying that our plan had been changed, was no longer a family plan and the cost increased by $30 per month!  When I looked at the account, it had indeed been changed and funds I had deposited were taken and applied to the new cost!  I called customer service, but was unsuccessful in resolving this. I went back to the store where I was told that my family plan was no longer available and the upgraded plan price was correct and it could not be reversed!  The only reason I changed the card was because Boost was bugging me to do it.  NEVER was there any mention of increased charges, plan changes or any cost to me.  What recourse to I have???

Responses

Boost Care

• 

64 Messages

2 m ago

Hi there,Susan!  We definitely want to look into this for you.  We've made this post private to protect your information. Please send us your phone number and PIN, we may review your account

62 Messages

2 m ago

Don't feel bad, I've talked to 3 different operators about plan pricing changes and while they say nothing about my plan is changing, they keep trying to tell me that it's a free upgrade, but to connect to the new network it's going to cost me 10 bucks a month more.

14 Messages

1 m ago

boost after sim card change sucks

14 Messages

1 m ago

Don't do it.

Service really sucks after the sim upgrade

3 Messages

At least you have service! I lost service connection and data connection. Not to mention the twenty bucks in my account they wont refund or the phone they wont unlock or the rest of the month I paid for with no connection! 

14 Messages

If they don't fix things in a hurry it may be the end of Boost Mobile. Dish Satellite owns them now.

I'm going to the Xfinity Mobile store tomorrow. They will port my phone number.  It's only $15/mo., $18 with tax. You get one gig but if you're on WiFi most of the time you will hardly use any data. They take $10 off your cable bill too.

2 Messages

My Samsung account keeps stopping after the upgrade. I talked to 3 CS reps yesterday and none could resolve it. BACK TO TRACFONE I GO. Sorry BOOST you really screwed up this time. I might even save some $$$ going back to tracfone.

Boost Care

• 

298 Messages

Hello Fran! Thanks for reaching out! We know this is frustrating for you! Any services offered by Samsung would need to be addressed through them, as we don't have any control over their software. You can find Samsung support here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/. If you have any other questions please reach back out to us here!