1st Timer
Accomplice

Accomplice

• 

6 Messages

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 5:00 AM

Migrate/port Sprint phone number to Boost

Hello,
I currently have an account with Boost (awesome work by the way 😉 ). My wife wants to switch from her Sprint carrier over to Boost instead. She wants to be able to keep her same phone number that she currently has with sprint. What would the best method in doing this?

Also, i was wondering if her and i can turn my current single plan into a family plan while keeping her same Sprint phone number. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you! 🙂

Responses

Accepted Solution

Boost Care

• 

1.6K Messages

3 years ago

Good morning, Tribal-Zen! Sorry for the late reply! To help your wife with migrating her number from Sprint to Boost Mobile, please send us a private message including:

- Her phone number and PIN from Sprint.

- The MEID (or IMEI) of the Boost device she wants to set up.

- Her first name and last name.

- The 4-digit PIN she wants for the Boost account. It should be easy to remember, but hard to guess.

- Her e-mail and billing addresses.

- The monthly plan she wishes to set up.

- Would she like to add phone insurance for $7.00 a month? Very useful in the event she may lose the phone either by misplacing it or theft. It also covers replacement service in the event of water, electrical, or physical damage.

After we complete the migration from Sprint to Boost, we'll then work with creating the family plan.

Looking forward to your private message!

Hozuki_Robert

Tribal-Zen

Accomplice

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Good morning, Hozuki_Robert!
That's great news, thank you! We're working on getting all of that information. Do i send you a private message directly? Or somewhere else?
Tribal-Zen

Accomplice

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Hello again,
I tried selecting your name, but it doesn't give me the option to send a private message. I don't have a computer at the moment, so I'm doing this from my phone. Is there an alternative in sending a private message to you?

Boost Care

• 

1.6K Messages

3 years ago

To send me a private message, just click on the agent's username (Hozuki_Robert in this case), and then look for the option that says "Send this user a private message".

I'll be pleased to help you!

Kira_M

Boost Care

• 

1.7K Messages

• 

1.1K Points

3 years ago

Perfect. Please send us a private message to further assist you. -Kira_M.

Kira_M

Boost Care

• 

1.7K Messages

• 

1.1K Points

3 years ago

Hello, @Tribal-Zen. Thank you for stopping by. You can send a "PM" or private message a couple of different ways. If you click on the name of the person, you'll be taken to their profile.  On the right side of the screen, you should see "send this user a Private Message". Click it and you'll be taken to the PM window with their name already in the To: field. Type up what you want to say, hit send message and you're good. You can also go to your own profile by clicking on your name from the forums and then clicking the PM icon. From the PM window select "New Message" and type the user name of the Community member in the "To" field and off you go. -Kira_M.

Tribal-Zen

Accomplice

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Hello Kira_M,
Well, i feel silly... Haha. Thank you, i finally found it.

Groupie

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Hey I wanted to know if I had to port my number over from Sprint before I activated the phone or could I use it awhile with a new number then ported it over later

Groupie

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Ok thanks 

Joy1713

Boost Care

• 

3K Messages

• 

490 Points

3 years ago

Hello @MauriceIsaacSr Since you're migrating your number from Sprint this needs to be done first. You need to transfer your number from Sprint to Boost Mobile first.

~JoyP.

Groupie

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Does the account needs to be cancelled before you transfer your number over from sprint? Can you also use a phone from sprint?

Boost Care

• 

1.6K Messages

3 years ago

Hi there, Nyaiesha! The Sprint account/phone number must be cancelled prior moving it over to Boost Mobile.

Concerning your second question, only certain Sprint devices are compatible with Boost Mobile. May we know the make and model of the Sprint device you would like to activate with Boost Mobile?

We're here to help!

Hozuki_Robert

Tabitha

Boost Care

• 

905 Messages

3 years ago

Once you have a Boost compatible phone, you can contact us through here and we will do the migration process.

Groupie

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

So do I tell them to cancel my line and I can keep my number that’s the main thing I want. I currently have an iPhone 8 Plus

Groupie

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

So when I change it yal will cancel it? Or do I tell them I’m looking to take my number to boost? I’m sorry it seems like I’m asking the same question but i wanna be clear. What iPhones are on boost?