meganmcwherter's profile

Sun, Oct 16, 2016 3:00 PM

Lock screen pin

Is there a way to get my lock screen pin without losing my information? I don't want to lose everything by doing a hard reset. Please help. Thank you so much!

Responses

Accepted Solution

260 Messages

5 y ago

Hi guys.

Maybe there is a way.  Maybe not.

For most new Android phones, a service called Android Device Manager is probably your best bet. As long as you're logged into your Google account, you can use any device or computer to access the service, which is available here;

https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager
As counter productive as this sounds, start off by clicking the 'Lock' button after Android Device Manager was able to get a fix on your device. It should make the connection within 5 attempts if your phone is compatible.

After you click the 'Lock' button, you will be asked to choose a new password, this will replace the pattern, PIN, or password that you forgot. Enter the new password twice to confirm your choice, and click the 'Lock' button.

Now you just have to wait for the changes to sync to your phone. Usually this will take approx five minutes. Once it does, you enter the new password you made in the above steps.

This next option will only work if you have previously
A)Enabled USB debugging on your phone
AND
B)You have previously allowed the computer you're using to connect via ADB.

run this from a command prompt;
adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key

Hope this helps.

Yours,
-J
Check my badges!
If I have answered your question, please be sure to click the Accepted Solution_B.GIF button at the bottom of my Reply, so others can quickly find the answer they are looking for!

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

5 y ago

You can bypass your lock screen using the Gmail account set up on your phone. If you don't remember that information, you will need to hard reset your phone.

2 Messages

5 y ago

I need to know how to do that with a desire htc 626 help!

2 Messages

5 y ago

Dang and I can't remember passcode for grail hiw do I reset it

1 Message

4 y ago

Forgot screen lock pin

2 Messages

4 y ago

How do you do a hard reset?

2 Messages

4 y ago

I reset my phone this morning and chose a new screen lock pin. How do I unlock the phone without using Google? I had not set everything up on the phone so location and other things were not turned on.

Thank you!

Boost Care

• 

1.1K Messages

4 y ago

Hey, @meganmcwherter! We are sorry about the this. We'd like to help you. Please send us a private message with your account info (number and PIN) for further help. Thank you.

2 Messages

4 y ago

this is an IPhone how do I reset pin code?

2 Messages

4 y ago

hello, I did set finger unlock option and when I got to the screen lock ; I did set a long code and now I got my cell restarted, and the code don't match. I really need my cell daily and don't know how to unlock it; please help

Boost Care

• 

3.6K Messages

4 y ago

Hi there helengluna. Did you forget the passcode for your iPhone or your device is disabled? Please let us know. Victor21

4 Messages

4 y ago

Hi there,

If you are searching for  an alternative solution you can try reading this guide on how to recover restrictions passcode

I hope it helps.

2 Messages

4 y ago

I tried doing the gmail thing but nothing ever popped up anywhere for me to reset my lock screen pin.  I don't know what to do.

2 Messages

4 y ago

I tried the gmail thing & it didn't work for me.  I need my lock screen pin.  I don't know how it changed!  Please & thank you 

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

4 y ago

Hello, GApeach84. Let's take a closer look, and do some investigating! You forgot your lock screen pin/password? Is the phone locked out due to many failed attempts already? Which phone do you have? Please, let us have these details in a Private Message. Thanks!