d_rohlfing67's profile

Fri, Feb 28, 2020 7:00 AM

Funds Expiration Date

Hi.  Another former Virginmobile customer here.  I transferred over with a balance from Virginmobile and the Boost dashboard says that the funds expire in 90 days?  Does that mean I lose all of my prepaid balance then, or simply that I need to add more funds to the balance by that date?  

Regards,

D Rohlfing

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Boost Care

• 

3.9K Messages

1 y ago

Hello. You need to add more funds to the balance before that date to prevent the balance cancellation. Let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you.

2 Messages

1 y ago

That is great news.  Thank you for the quick reply!

3 Messages

1 y ago

My Boost Dashboard also says I have a "Funds Expiration Date". My 18 cent/minute plan was transferred from Virgin Mobile to Boost on 02/26/20 along with the balance in my account. However, when I click on the button "Make a Payment", it says "Pay $0.00 by May 25". I used to pay Virgin Mobile every 90 days. I need to know the following: 

1) How much will I need to pay Boost before May 25 to extend my plan and the funds expiration date?

2) What will be the new expiration date?

3) The Virgin Mobile FAQ says "Customers with existing account balances can apply funds toward service plan payments.", but I don't see that option at the "Make a Payment" page.  How do I do that?

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

1 y ago

Hi there! You need to make at least a $1 payment every 90 days to continue using the service and extend the expiration date. Please send us a private message to verify your account and assist you with more information. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

14 Messages

1 y ago

Very helpful information, thank you.

I have one important question to add for us Virgin Mobile prepaid customers. Is there a prepaid balance limit with Boost and what is it?

Virgin had a $400 limit. It is not a phone I use a lot (but still need) so my balance at transfer is at $385. Would be very helpful to know where the new limit is, if any. Thanks!

9 Messages

1 y ago

Did you ever get an answer to your questions?

Boost Care

• 

2.8K Messages

1 y ago

Hi there pphop868. Thanks for contacting us.

Could you send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to have a look?  Also, if possible, send us a screenshot of the message you're referring to.

3 Messages

1 y ago

I just got an email from Boost that says if my account balance reaches $379.99 or greater, they will deduct $20 for my plan payment. That seems to contradict your reply below of Saturday Feb 29 that says I need to pay $1 every 90 days. What is my 90 day payment; $1 or $20?

14 Messages

1 y ago

@pphop868 -- Thanks for mentioning that. That goes along with what Virgin had already started doing a while ago (deducting $20 when it reached that amount), so maybe this eventual move to Boost was why.

$1 per 90 days to keep it open would be awesome, but sounds way too good to be true. I guess for now I'll play it safe and assume for now that there is little to no change. But it would have been nice for us all to have not been stuck wondering what's going on with this...

3 Messages

1 y ago

That's for sure! I cannot find anything on My Boost that explains how my plan works. I can only see at My Boost that I have an 18 cent/min plan that expires 90 days from my transfer date to Boost. At the Make a Payment page, it says I owe $0.00 by May 25. A Boost rep told me that the plan I am now on is a Boost Pay As You Go plan that requires a payment of least $1 every 90 days. They mentioned a Boost Mobile 90 Day Payment Rule, but I can't find that anywhere. I do see the Pay As You Go plan listed in the Boost FAQ under Grandfathered Plans, but it just says you have to "add money" every 90 days, but doesn't say how much, and it says you have to keep the balance above zero. In the Make a Payment page in My Boost, it says I owe nothing, it will accept a payment of $1, but doesn't say how far out $1 will extend the expiration date. I guess my plan is to wait until near the end of my 90 days, then make a $1 payment and then see what that does to the expiration date. 

13 Messages

1 y ago

I want to know the answer to this question also. How much dowe pay after our 90 days? 

Boost Care

• 

2.3K Messages

1 y ago

@grannycatlover: You can Re-Boost your account with any amount at least once every 90 days to keep your account active. 

Boost Care

• 

3.5K Messages

1 y ago

Hi, brownk1. If you want to make a payment with the account balance, please send us a private message with the account phone number and pin code.

9 Messages

1 y ago

Hi Nosh_CxUx,

The your FAQ says "Customers with existing account balances can apply funds toward service plan payments.", but I don't see that option at the "Make a Payment" page.  How do I do that?

9 Messages

1 y ago

That will cost me $3 for you to help me with a payment. Needs to be an option on the account web page.