Lunazul's profile

Mon, Sep 26, 2016 7:00 AM

Did You Know: How to Swap a Phone

Did you know it’s easy to change out your phone online or in our automated voice system?

Before you start, you’ll need this info:

• The device serial number (It’s on the box that the phone came in or the back of the Phone – behind the battery)
  • The phone number of the phone that you want to swap
  • Your Account PIN (forgot your pin?)

Once you’re ready, visit Virgin Mobile web site - Activate and follow the step-by-step instructions.

Or call 888-322-1122

• Note: You cannot use your current Virgin Mobile phone to call from, call from another active mobile phone or landline.
  • Choose option 3 (Account Changes) then option 2 (Swap phone)
  • Follow the voice prompts to complete the swap
  • Start using your new phone!

Virgin Mobile Gives You Extra

Responses

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have an iPhone 7 how do I transfer my SIM card over to my iPhone 7

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Do you want to transfer content like contacts to iPhone 7

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Aloha...I have been a subscriber for years on Virgin Mobile pay-lo.  My last phone just went belly-up after having just topped up for a new month.  I purchased a new phone, needing to activate it, needing to access my account, cannot remember my pin #, opened the FORGOT PIN? page, signed in, and it is asking me a secret question that I have no recollection of ever having answered before.  Yet there were other secret questions/answers, as I recall, so I need to be asked from among those other alternate questions so that I may answer from these, thereby allowing me to access my account and activate the new phone.  HELP?  HOW CAN I MAKE THE PROGRAM ASK ME DIFFERENT QUESTIONS, OTHER THAN "WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CITY?"  (Part of the problem may rest in the fact that I HAVE NO FAVORITE EFFIN' CITY, OK?"

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have moterola G3. I am trying to swap devices because my "old" one broke. I have entered all of the possible pin numbers & it won't work.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I bought a new flip phone (LG) can i use it with my existing virgin mobile contract

EdwinRG

Boost Care

• 

904 Messages

4 years ago

Hi cramer3132

To switch your phone to a VM account it must pass compatibility check. Please send us the MEID DEC number from your new phone on a private message. We'll be glad to check on that.

EdwinRG

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Hello,

My new phone is from Verizon, it is an LG G3, when I try to swap the phone, I get the error of wrong serial number try again. Do I have to put m SIM card from my current Virgin Mobile phone into the LG G3 before I try to swap? Thanks for anything!

Kira_M

Boost Care

• 

1.7K Messages

• 

1.3K Points

3 years ago

Hello, @user817. Thank you for stopping by. The LG G3 from Verizon is not compatible with our network. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. We're here to help. -Kira_M.

Fonsy82

Boost Care

• 

3K Messages

• 

980 Points

2 years ago

Hi, tblightning30. Existing customers are unable to do Bring Your Own Device (BYOD). To activate another phone, it must be a Virgin Mobile handset. We suggest you visit our website to check the devices we have available. Here is the link: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/shop. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This gives me VERY conflicting information.
Over a lengthy back and forth with their support on social media (because the customer service line is an absolute joke)
I was told I could NOT use my replacement device with Virgin Mobile despite the device clearing everything (IMEI, ESN, Virgin's own BYOD compatibility check, etc.) I was just told I could not use this device on my service.

I'm trying to use a Sprint iPhone 5s to replace my BROKEN LG X-Charge. Prior to my purchase I was told I'd be able to transfer everything to this phone, and now I'm being told otherwise and I'm about ready to terminate my plan with Virgin and go elsewhere.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I need help switching phones over and also activating it. It won't let me access my account right now. And I am stuck.
JohnJ7

Boost Care

• 

2.4K Messages

• 

1.4K Points

2 years ago

Hi, Jmshep1999. We'll be happy to assist you and will take care of this for you. Can you send us a private message with your phone number and pin code?

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I bought a pre loved iPhone 7 from virgin mobile and tried to swap my old number to my iPhone 7 but after I put in the iPhone 7s information and put in the pin it stays on a loading screen

Royt

Boost Care

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

520 Points

2 years ago

So sorry to hear about this experience, Shane127. We want to help! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private messages. 

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

And I just attempted to get a new number and it’s says request not recognized