BrienH-VM's profile
Promoter

Promoter

• 

61 Messages

Mon, May 15, 2017 1:00 PM

Data Done Right - Your Questions Answered

UPDATE 3:

In light of Hurricane Irma, Data Done Right and Custom mobile phone service will continue through 9/14/17. However, the last day to keep your device and number was 8/31/17. Call us at 1.888.322.1122 to start new service.

UPDATE 2:

In light of Hurricane Harvey, Data Done Right and Custom mobile phone service will continue through 9/8/17. However, in order to keep your device and number, you will still need to migrate before 8/31/17 10PM CST - Call us at 1.844.680.3922

UPDATE 1:

All Data Done Right customers must switch to a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan before 8/31/17 10pm CST to keep your phone number and avoid losing service. Call us at 1.844.680.3922

Can I keep my current phone and phone number? 

Yes, if you migrate to a Data Love plan by 8/31/17. We will establish a new account for you, port your current phone number and set up your existing phone.

-After 8/31/17, you will need to set up a brand new account, with a new number, on a new phone, in order to continue service with Virgin Mobile.

-From 9/1/17 - 9/30/17 we are offering a LG Tribute HD for $1. To learn about this offer, call us at 1.888.322.1122. You will need to identify yourself as a Data Done Right/Custom customer and also provide the email adress on your account.

Does moving from Data Done Right to a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan change my billing cycle?

Yes, your new billing cycle will begin the day you start your new Data Love plan.

What about my account balance?

Any funds left on the account can be transfered if you call 1.844.680.3922 by 8/31/17, to apply a credit to your new Virgin Mobile plan. After 8/31/17 funds will be forfeited, per the Terms and Conditions.

----------------------------------------

We understand that you may have questions about the end of our Data Done Right plan, and what that means for you, your phone and your service. We've assembled key info in this post, but if you have further questions about your account, feel free to reach out to the Virgin Mobile Customer Experience team

…on Facebook Messenger:

facebook-messengerSCALED.png

…or via Twitter DM:

twitter_dm_button_2SCALED.png

-The VM Community Team

———————————————

Why did I receive an offer to change my Virgin Mobile service from my Data Done Right plan to a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan? Can I just keep my Data Done Right plan?

We've updated our offers to provide the best value to our customers. As part of this offer refresh, we’re discontinuing the Data Done Right plan. All Data Done Right customers must switch to a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan before 5/31/17 to avoid losing serviceBut don’t worry—we can set you up on a new plan with even more of the things you love.

Want to buy a new phone? Great! Check your email for a great offer, or go to virginmobileusa.com.

Prefer to keep your phone? No problem. Give us a call at 1.844.680.3922 and we’ll switch you over to a Data Love plan in just a few minutes.

Does moving from Data Done Right to a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan change my billing cycle?

Most likely. Your new billing cycle will begin the day you start your new Data Love plan.

Can I keep my current phone number?

In most cases, your phone number can be transferred to your new phone for use with your Virgin Mobile Data Love plan. If your number is eligible for transfer, you'll need to keep your Data Done Right service active until the process is complete. You'll also need the following information to complete the transfer process from your Data Done Right phone to your new phone:

• Data Done Right account holder's name and billing address

• Data Done Right account number [same as the phone number] and PIN or password

If you need assistance during this process, reach out to our Customer Care team at 1.844.680.3922.

Do I need to port my phone number when I activate a new phone on a Virgin Mobile Data Love plan or can I get a new number?

It's up to you! We’re happy to set you up with a new phone number or transfer your existing phone number.

What about my account balance?

Any funds left on the account after Data Done Right service ends will be forfeited unless you call Customer Care to apply a credit to your new Virgin Mobile plan.

Responses

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

The last day of my billing cycle IS tomorow, so that doesn't help me. So what are my options if I continue to get no answer at the switch number?

I really wish you guys would just let us do this switch online, or make it automatic.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

How is anyone supposed to get this done?????  I have been on hold off and on for FIVE DAYS and a total of EIGHT HOURS.  y phone will be tunred off TOMORROW. 

FIX THIS.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Well, BE  If you have not noticed, most folks have said that NO ONE CAN CONTACT anyone at the DDR customer care team, unless you have nothing else to do but be on hold for HOURS AND HOURS ....

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I too have not been able to get anyone on the phone, have been put on hold for probably over 18 hours altogether (yesterday I held for over 5 hours, because when a person finally answered the cust care team,  they told me I had to call the number that I WAS ON!  I could not believe it!!  Wow I finally did get to someone I could not understand, who was short and rude with me, although I can understand that, with as many upset people as he must be dealing with, and now both my phones are disabled, I am out money as of last Sat, and I am beyond upset at the way this has been handled.

12 Messages

4 years ago

Hey All!

@Suzan @s0nicfreak @prettypissed @AndroidBuddy

Hope you don't mind that I tagged all of you, I wanted to respond so that everyone could see and get their questions answered. Again, we deeply apologize for the frustrations that you all have. As a consumer myself, I totally get it. Like I stated before, we have run into some system problems and it has made things a little crazy for everyone. Those wait times are pretty intense but its mainly because everyone is trying to get through at once. We kinda had a feeling that this would happen so we tried to prevent it by notifying everyone of the changes back in February and weekly since then. However, going forward, for those who weren't able to get switched over by today, you may experience a break in service BUT your account will not be fully closed. That means you still have a little more time to get your plan switched over to one of the new Data Love options. Systems went back up yesterday so I'm certain that those wait times will decrease after a while, but we do want to say thank you for your patience as we get things squared away for everyone. Please be sure to call us on a phone other than your Virgin Mobile Phone.

You guys are the best, thanks for staying loyal! If you have anymore questions, feel free to reach back out to me. Ill be glad to answer them and provide any updates as I get them. 

Regards, 

Steve

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

"We kinda had a feeling that this would happen so we tried to prevent it by notifying everyone of the changes back in February and weekly since then."

Thing is though I didn't want to switch over before I HAD to, because Data Love is more expensive, especially for those of us that have multiple phones. I figured many people would feel the same way; and, I figured you guys would have a feeling this would happen and man the phones appropriately and/or realize making us all call right now isn't feasable and give us other options to switch as the end got near. Many people don't HAVE access to a phone other than their Virgin Mobile phone. 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Yeah this is pretty absurd. I have tried multiple times over the past week to get in touch with customer service and have had no luck. I spent 2 and a half hours on hold this morning before giving up. I have tried using the coupon codes Virgin Mobile sent to me to purchase a new phone via the website multiple times the past week, under the assumption that maybe purchasing and activating a new phone makes it easier to get in touch with a CS agent, but the coupon codes do not work. I have been using Virgin Mobile since 2010, and I get that it's a budget plan type of service, but this may be the final straw.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi. I have an LG Stylo 2 with the $35 Unlimited Plan. I'm confused, because I'm not on Data Done Right, yet I'm getting emails saying I'm going to lose my service if I don't switch. Is this just a glitch? I've tried reaching out to customer service about this, but like most of the posters here, I haven't been able to get through. I'm pretty sure the plan I'm on is the one Virgin Mobile wants DDR cutsomers to switch over to. 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Just so i understand, you want me to what? Go out, get another phone, set up service and then call customer service?
Are you kidding me? I only have one phone. I've been trying for over a week to get through. Two of my friends even had their cell phones on hold with you guys in an attempt to get through. My service shuts off tonight. I use my phone for work and this is going to be a huge mess. I have been with you guys since 2005 and if i cant get through by tomorrow then like many others, ill just have to switch companies. I know your phones are swamped but this is absurd.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

So after a total of more than 8 hours over three days waiting to speak to someone about the 3 phones we have, (Custom Plan) we find ourselves about to lose service and now going out of my mind having listened to that organ music for so long! Thanks Virgin Mobile for messing up the last three days, what do we do now? 

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

One of our family cell phones was on the Data Done Right Plan for $30.00 per month.  I called customer service in early May to switch our current cell phone to the Data Love Plan for $35.00.  I had no problem switching to another plan with a $5.00 increase.  This rep informed me that it would be better to wait until the end of May to switch.  I started calling customer service on Sunday, May 28th and continued to call on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  I PROBABLY SPENT A TOTAL OF FIVE HOURS ON HOLD AND WAS NEVER CONECTED TO A REPRESENTATIVE.  I even tried another Virgin Mobile customer service number.  The first call ended in the rep saying that he gave them my number and that someone would call me within a day.  No one called back!  The second rep told me to hold and then transferred me to the first customer service number that I was originally calling and still no one answered!  This is absolutely ridiculous!  I had to activate a new phone and get a different phone number.  Maybe this was Virgin Mobile's plan all along to tell customers to call back and then never answer.  Terrible thing to do!

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I spent over five hours on hold over the last four days and was never connected to a customer service rep.  Terrible thing to do!!

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Totally agree!!!   This is totally absurd.  They took double payments out of my account on the 28th-----!!  I have been on hold for so long,   I am definetly an upset customer...and odn't know if I'm going to remain a customer,  but they have $158.39 of my money!!!  And TWO phones that do not work at all.  This is totally ridiculous

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Welp, my husband had no phone while he went to work today, and I had to call via Google Voice. But after a final 3 hour call, I managed to get it done. 

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

@s0nicfreak

How did it work for you? I've spent many hours on hold, like most of us here,  but never got through. were you able to keep your original phone numbers? I ended up using the 100$ coupon and my new phone came in the mail today so hopefully I can just get it set up and switch the number over with no problems.... but something tells me it won't be that easy.