-PS9-'s profile

Mon, Dec 28, 2020 12:00 PM

Customer Service Agents Deleted my account without my consent

After purchasing a brand new unlocked Galaxy A71 and another brand new boost mobile SIM card on the 24th, I tried to use the online activation tool to connect the phone to my account. The Tool was not able to activate the phone and SIM. After that, I contacted customer service for help. They said that the SIM card I received from a Boost Mobile Dealer was not compatible, and that I should try taking the SIM from the previous phone (an LG Stylo 5) out and putting it into the new phone. After the call ended, it seemed to work with the only problems being 1) the activation service showed the phone as a Galaxy a10e and 2) that the phone needed to receive a verification code that I would need to enter; something it wasn't able to do because it wasn't activated on the service yet. 

I made another customer service call to retrieve the activation number, but the agent instead questioned me about why my phone showed up as a Galaxy A10e, and where was this other phone I never said I had. He took the IMEI from my new phone, Both the old and new SIM numbers, and said I'd get a call back in 1-2 days. Monday morning I notice that my account credentials no longer functioned and called customer service. The first agent said this was not a problem, just call back in 3 hours time and it would be restored. I called a second agent who now says that there is no way to restore the account and the old phone number is lost. NOT AT ANY TIME DURING THESE 3 CUSTOMER SERVICE CALLS DID I ASK FOR MY ACCOUNT TO BE DELETED, AND THE ORIGINAL PROBLEM - ONE NEW PHONE AND A NEW SIM UNABLE TO CONNECT - IS NOW MADE WORSE WITH TWO PHONES UNABLE TO CONNECT TO A NOW DISABLED ACCOUNT!!!

This is totally unacceptable. I cannot believe the level of incompetence here; how do we get from needing to activate a phone - something that should take minutes to hours - to 4 days of customer service calls, two disabled SIM cards and two disconnected phones??? Listen to me right now; Someone within this company better contact me about getting my account back up and running WITH the original phone number on the new phone I just bought before end of business today or that will be the end of the road for me and Boost Mobile. This is unbelievable. 

Responses

3.7K Messages

9 m ago

Hi, -PS9-! We are sorry about this inconvenience. Did you verify your device was compatible with our system in order for you to bring your device over?

2 Messages

9 m ago

I checked the IMEI against the tool provided on the site before opening it, and it said it was compatible. Also, this is more than an inconvenience; a few services I use work on two factor authentication using that number, and not getting it back means I may lose access to things I have purchased with those services.

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

9 m ago

We understand. Please send us a private message for further assistance. To send a private message, go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message". Thank you. ~AmyM25