kauyon1306's profile

Sat, Dec 22, 2018 8:00 AM

Account locked due to too many incorrect login attempts

My account has been temporarily locked due to too many incorrect login attempts, yet I have not tried to login. Looks like someone tried to steal my account and now my phone is not working. Can I have my account back, please?

Responses

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

2 y ago

So sorry to hear about this experience, kauyon1306. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request.

2 y ago

I'm having the same problem. I don't want to think the worst but I'm pretty sure somebody done tried to figure out my pin and access my account. I searched the FAQs and community posts to see if it was an isolate incident I only found a couple of posts, this one and another one, that are identical to my on situation, which means one of two things: 1) there's still a chance that somebody is tryna figure out my pin, or 2) I'm trppin and we're just a very small group of people falling victim to coincidence. Unfortunately, all posts found for this particular issue, they end with boost's initial response so I have no idea if it's boost's error or if I have done now investigating to do. Feel you please share any insight? 😊

Boost Care

• 

2.3K Messages

2 y ago

Hey there, @Jessenkatums19! Sorry to hear that your locked out off account. Please send us a Private Message with your phone number and PIN. 

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

1 Message

2 y ago

I tried to login and got that error message. I havent logged in since march and i know my pin so tjeres no reason why i should have been locked out. Please help

Boost Care

• 

1.8K Messages

2 y ago

So sorry to hear about this experience, Angelah01. We want to take a look at this. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request.

Boost Care

• 

2.2K Messages

2 y ago

Hi there, @shrek! Customers who make failed attempts to access My Account (http://boostmobile.com) on the Web using the wrong Account PIN will have the account locked. 

3 failed attempts = Lockout for 1 hour
5 failed attempts = Lockout for 1 hour from the last failed attempt
7 failed attempts = 24 hour lockout (also known as IP lock)

Unfortunately, we cannot unlock the online account. You must wait.

3 Messages

2 y ago

SAMEEEEEEE im putting it in right and im locked out for 24 hrs 😞 pls help

3 Messages

2 y ago

but you dont understand. i put the right info in. it works when i do it through the phone so it makes no sense