Sunkistler1's profile

Sat, Nov 20, 2021 5:54 AM

Why is boost overcharging me on Sales tax?

It appears I am being overcharged sales tax on a phone I am trying to purchase.  I live in California, MO and according to MO dept of revenue total sales tax for my location is 6.98%.  the phone I am trying to purchase is $129.99.  sales tax should be $9.07 making total price with tax $139.06.  but when I went to check out, boost shows my sales tax as $11.01, making total $141.00.  why?

9 Messages

2 m ago

Also curious as to why business hours shown on website is not correct. Business hours show as 6am to 9pm CST on Saturday.  At 8:47am I get a message that customer service is closed and I need to call during business hours.  According to YOUR website I did.  

9 Messages

2 m ago

Update - after more than a week, multiple calls to and numerous hours with customer service the issue remains unresolved and boost doesn"t seem interested in charging only the required amount for sales tax.  Matter has been escalated at least 3 times with no action and when I attempted to purchase phone again recently, sales tax still being miscalculated and overcharged by boost.  Complaint made to state attorney general's office and one to BBB will follow.

CHECK YOUR SALES TAX AMOUNT BEFORE COMPLETING PURCHASE!

(edited)